3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Losing more fat on one side? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/153577-losing-more-fat-one-side.html)

Here we go again 10-08-2008 11:10 AM

Losing more fat on one side?

Strange question I know. But now that I'm working out a lot and toning, I can tell that different parts of my party are not as proportionate as they were. It's not all on one side either.

For example- I have a small roll under my boobs, the left side of the roll is smaller than the right. but the love handles on my right side are smaller than on my left. Same thing with my legs, upper thighs left is smaller than right, but then my left calf is bigger than my right. Back fat is the same too, right side is less than left.

Is this common? Does anyone else have this too? At first I thought it maybe one side is stronger than the other but the sides flip flop. Any suggestions? Or will it even out in time?

Rosinante 10-08-2008 11:21 AM

last time i lost serious weight (106lbs, why did i invite them back ? :( ) lost fat lopsidedly - but it evened out in the end!

shannonmb 10-08-2008 11:33 AM

I'm sure it will even out in the end!!

I got a little giggle from your first sentence, where you said "different parts of my party" (I assume you meant body) hahahhaah

My body is a party!!! heheheheheh :carrot: :celebrate: :balloons:

Here we go again 10-08-2008 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burhenns (Post 2399933)
I'm sure it will even out in the end!!

I got a little giggle from your first sentence, where you said "different parts of my party" (I assume you meant body) hahahhaah

My body is a party!!! heheheheheh :carrot: :celebrate: :balloons:

lol that's funny! I didn't even realize it. I was going to change it when you told me, but no I'll leave it. My body is a party baby!!! lol It's one of those freudian slips. I am feeling good that the fat rolls are shrinking. :carrot:

belezura 10-08-2008 11:57 AM

I know...

I am glad someone mentioned it.
I also realized it. One side of my “party” :lol: seems bigger than other. I can really see it on my arms and legs. I don’t know if I would explain it as losing more fat in one side, but maybe building more muscle on one side...
I don’t want to look “deformed":fr:
Does someone can explain it? Please...

FreeSpirit 10-08-2008 12:01 PM

Your body loses weight however it wants to. Just like people always say, "you can't spot reduce!" it's the same concept, I think.

ghost 10-08-2008 12:29 PM

I have the love handle delema...one IS bigger then the other! looks weird in tight shirts.

caligirl98 10-08-2008 12:47 PM

Yeah, my left upper arm is wayyyy bigger than my right. Like, when my arms are straight, the fat kinda blobs over the elbow on my left arm, but not on my right. It's nasty!

greeneggsandtam 10-08-2008 12:52 PM

That's so funny!! I didn't even notice it said "party". I just read it as 'body'.
I would think it all evens out in the end. Congrats on your loss!!!

platnumjo 10-08-2008 01:31 PM

My right cupcake has always been bigger than my left! If my right looked like my left I'd be a happy camper!

Its Courtney 10-08-2008 02:34 PM

I haven't noticed a huge proportion difference of my "party" :) , but strenth-wise, I'm soooo one-sided! I'm a waitress and do all my lifting with my right arm and bending down with my right leg. I have much more strength on my right side!

You should see me (try) doing pushups. LOL! I can go almost all the way down with my right arm, but my left? I look like an awkward turtle...hahaha

gatorgirl6 10-08-2008 04:01 PM

I recently got a personal trainer and although I didnt feel as though I had a problem with being different on different sides, after he did an evaluation of strength and flexability I saw that I do have differences. I know its not the same as what you were initally talking about, but my muscles are markedly different. He is now tailoring my workout to even out my body and make it symmetrical.