Old 10-08-2008, 04:43 PM   #76  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

you girls crack me up! I just love coming on here to catch up.

RememberHowToSmile and caligirl98 --- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

So hubby got a new job. It is certainly better than the old one. We are very excited!!

And, there is a mouse in our house. No kidding. I was terrified, screamed like a little school girl, and jumped on the bed. Hubby decided to throw things at it and trying to catch or kill it. I am sure it was quite a sight to see. Then, as we were sleeping last night, I heard SNAP!!! The TRAP!!!! I thought, "Gotcha you little ef'er!" So I went to sleep.... this morning I looked for the trap. It was gone! I texted hubby, to check the trap. MOUSE ESCAPED! I texted back that he must be a Big, Fat Hairy Smarty Mouse. It is now my personal mission to find and remove the dang thing.
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 04:46 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Heather- That's too funny. I would have done the same thing! One time at my momma's house in Arkansas a mouse got trapped in her tub. I don't know how it got there. So I got appointed to remove it. I was not happy about it but got a plastic wal-mart bag and got it out and put him outside. It was kinda scary. lol I was running around and my mom and sister were screaming. We are such girls!

I'm glad you're hubby got the job! Yay!!!
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:10 PM   #78  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

a mouse? Aren't they like, a fraction of your size? And actually, mice are quite friendly creatures. I used to have a mouse as a pet in college (saved from the lab...a vigilante action). I have to worry about warf rats the size of cats at my house. We have to buy huge traps and put sheet rock screws through them so that when the rat trips the trap it impales itself and dies a faster death. Last winter I weighed one of the rats I caught, 4lbs! FOUR LBS of rat! OMG, that was a big one.
Now go out there and get that mouse and show it who's boss. And maybe buy it a cage, and feed it cheese and give it a name.

I've just had a huge fight with my boyfriend. He accused me of cheating on him. I don't know what hurts more, that he thinks I'm the kind of person who would ever cheat, or that he doens't trust me in order to have come to that conclusion. For the record, I did not cheat on him. He's just jealous of my lab partner and our work shinanagins.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:15 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

Talking

I got a signature!!!
beaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:25 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

Hey girls, just checking in. I had a good day but it was exhausting. I am a substitute teacher (working on my nontraditional teaching license) and I worked today, second grade, I really love it. Unfortunately, I got very little sleep last night because of my obsession with twilight haha. I usually walk at the park everyday, but I skipped out today, I was exhausted when I got home.

We're going over to a friends to eat tonight, fortunately, they are also health conscious. She is making homemade vegetable soup, YUM YUM!

I've been back on plan for about a week now, but I still feel incredibly bloated and FAT! lol... I hate that feeling (especially one I'm on plan) I got some Activia and starting tonight I'm going to eat it everyday (this usually helps) Any other ideas?
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:26 PM   #81  
*insert inspiration here*

S/C/G: 286/185/130

Thanks for the birthday wishes you guys. So I called my friend (the oldest friend who let me cut her in 2nd grade when the 'fast girls' were dissing my Cinderella lunch box) and she was disappointed in me and yadda, yadda and managed to talk me back into going out. Instead of locking myself in the house with homework, I need to go out and let loose. I always stress more when I'm trying to make the President's List.

Meanwhile, I feel a little less like crud...I got some balloons, a couple of CDs and a couple of second row seats to the Maxwell concert (had a fit when I saw that!) Come tomorrow, I'll see how many people forget...they always do; it's so damn random and then I can get my guilt trip gifts.

Ghost: Men can be such...Men. I suppose it doesn't help that you guys live so far from each other. You know, last weekend, Here We Go and Me were trying to think of places you could move around here.

and um, mice are scary. When I was 15, we lived by this field and they decided to clear the field to do some houses or something and all of a sudden, we had mice. Me, my mom and my sister were screaming for weeks. You could hear them in the kitchen at night. Eventually we had to get some poison b/c even terminex couldn’t get rid of them.

BTW: I'm also scared of lady bugs...I find them very suspicious.
caligirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:39 PM   #82  
I'm a khaleesi!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirl98 View Post
Thanks for the birthday wishes you guys. So I called my friend (the oldest friend who let me cut her in 2nd grade when the 'fast girls' were dissing my Cinderella lunch box) and she was disappointed in me and yadda, yadda and managed to talk me back into going out. Instead of locking myself in the house with homework, I need to go out and let loose. I always stress more when I'm trying to make the President's List.

Meanwhile, I feel a little less like crud...I got some balloons, a couple of CDs and a couple of second row seats to the Maxwell concert (had a fit when I saw that!) Come tomorrow, I'll see how many people forget...they always do; it's so damn random and then I can get my guilt trip gifts.

Ghost: Men can be such...Men. I suppose it doesn't help that you guys live so far from each other. You know, last weekend, Here We Go and Me were trying to think of places you could move around here.

and um, mice are scary. When I was 15, we lived by this field and they decided to clear the field to do some houses or something and all of a sudden, we had mice. Me, my mom and my sister were screaming for weeks. You could hear them in the kitchen at night. Eventually we had to get some poison b/c even terminex couldn’t get rid of them.

BTW: I'm also scared of lady bugs...I find them very suspicious.
I'm glad you decided to go out. And...AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! You got Maxwell tickets? you are so the cool girl now (what kind of freaks make fun of cinderella?). And MEN do suck sometimes. I feel so dissed right now. I literally cried at work in front of everyone over it, but I couldn't control it. And then I was so sick with anxiety I couldn't eat lunch so I'm running on 250 calories and its almost 3:30pm here...makes for a cranky biotch.

Lady bugs are suspicious. But they eat aphids so they are at least a useful suspect.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:14 PM   #83  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

Ghost - I'm really sorry he did that to you. I know I don't really know you, you know, in real life or whatever, but you really seem lovely and you don't deserve to be treated badly.

Cali - I hope you have a fabulous birthday, however you decide to celebrate!

I am not scared of ladybugs, but I am not a fan of their little orange friends, the Asian lady beetles (http://www.ipm.iastate.edu/ipm/iiin/ladybeetles.html). Anyone else get these? They were f-ing EVERYWHERE in Illinois.
just keep swimming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:42 PM   #84  
I will do this.

Ok so I still can't get my 'smilies' to work!!!! But here is goes anyway!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY REMEMBER AND CALI!!! I hope both you beautiful girls have a wonderful day and all your birthday wishes come true!!!
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:58 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

Hey ladies!! I don't have time to write to everyone since I overslept and have to leave for class in 15 mins, but I just wanted to let people know that I AM still alive!!

This week is absolutely insane in terms of work, and I have a big new workshop this weekend that I'm learning a new song for, but I haven't been able to practice because I've been sick!! So I've been stressed about learning this new song, schoolwork, being healthy, and so many other things!!

I'll try and come back tonight and write some personals!
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:27 AM   #86  
I will do this.

Blah. My sodium intake has doubled because the boy and I only have 15 dollars for food to last us 10 days until his mom gets home from vacation and sends him some money so the only thing I cannot afford is cheap pizza and top ramen....I am not kidding. I did get my regular light bread, brown rice and some eggs. I still have some tuna, turkey and a few boca burgers left. I only used 1/2 a chicken breast between us for dinner last night...and I am gonna use the other 1/2 tonight. But I feel so bloated cause I know top ramen and 75 cent pizzas are not the way to go...but it's all I can afford right now.

Is anyone else in the same boat? I feel like a failure in my weight loss right now. Those tiny pizzas don't fill me up so then I end up eating a top ramen with them....and then my calories and sodium for the day has tripled. I am still taking a multivitamin cause I know I cannot get by without it and I am drinking only water to try and flush the salt out.....AND my jeans were tight when I put them on this morning....GRRRR!!!!

Any ideas?
Old 10-09-2008, 11:52 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Taylor- I'm so sorry girl! I know it's tough. I wish I had pearls of wisdom but I don't. You can only do the best you can do. If you lived where I live, I would tell you to go to Sam's and get a big 5 pound bag of carrots for $1.86 and 1/2 tub of baby spinach for $3.05. It's what I paid Monday. But I don't know the prices where you live. Do the best you can do. Drink lots of water, and remember this is only temporary. Can your Dad help you at all?

Arts- I was wondering where you been! Make sure you take care of yourself even though you're busy.

Cali, Ghost, Just- I have a stupid thing I'm afraid of.... birds and flying things. I don't like things that fly around my head!!!! It make me act like a little school girl. I think it comes from growing up in Arkansas with big porches. We would wait for the bus and the birds would make nests in the corners of our porch. They would always attack us b/c they thought we were too close. It was not fun and now I can't stand them. lol I know so sad.

Ghost- What's up with your man? Where is this coming from? I would feel upset too. I hate to say this, but I grew up around a lot of guys and almost every time they accused their girls of cheating it was b/c they were. I don't know your man, but would you have any reason to believe that he was cheating on you? Or it could be that you're looking so good he's worried that you might cash him in for a new better looking boy toy.

Casey- You're doing good girl!

So today I feel pretty. I know that sounds lame but I just feel good. My hair looks good, and I just feel pretty. I'm in a really good mood. I'm smiling more today. lol Funny. Anyways, I dropped my car off at the mechanic again. They are looking at it for me. I guess a cylinder is misfiring. I hope it doesn't cost me a lot of money, I don't have it. Thank God, my roommate let me use her car today. She drives a standard. I used to have a standard a few years ago, so I did good although I hadn't driven one in a while. Which leads to a interesting discussion at work today. Apparently in California they don't use the term standard for a car, it's a manual. I told them I have changed my words on some things, but I will not convert. I will still call it a standard. It was quite funny. It's been a crazy day at work. One of the workers slipped and fell on acid. Not fun and I get to handle it. But he's ok. I wouldn't want to slip on acid.
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 12:08 PM   #88  

Heyyyy!

So I'm a little late jumping in on the chat! Hope everyone's doing super fantastic today!

Is it as gorgeous where ya'll live as it is here?? We had a "cold front" come through yesterday, and it's been right around 70 degrees with clear skies and a breeze. PERFECT for walking the lake! FINALLY! Some great southern weather!

Also, I can't stand it anymore, but I have to gush! So I've met this guy....and he's INCREDIBLE!!! We have soooo much in common and we talk for hours and hours without any awkward silences and his eyes absolutely make me MELT! He has these honey-hazel eyes that I get lost in... This looks pretty promising...BUT. Is it bad that I'm falling for someone so soon after my exfiance and I broke up? ((We were together for 4.5 years and broke up this past June..)) Like, part of me wants to feel guilty for having such strong feelings, but I CAN'T. I'm so happy...It's not like I was LOOKING for someone else...he just kinda appeared and he's so...perfect to me.

OH the sun is shining!!! And now I have the shred....day 2 level 1 you guys! I am SOO sore from yesterday. MAN!

So what are everyone's plans for the weekend?
Its Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:00 PM   #89  
I'm a khaleesi!!

I am coming down with something. I can not get warm. my lungs are hurting when I take a deep breath or cough, and I've got...well...lets just say my bowels are very loose. I'm just generally having a "crappy" day. I'm about .75 lbs off of my samhain goal weight of 169, I weighed in at 169.75 this morning after being up at 174 for the last week. We'll see if it sticks. Can't change my ticker yet because I'm sure its a fluke.
We had our first big blow of the year last night, wind speeds in excess of 70 mph and monsoon like rain. My son and I ran from the truck to the aquatic center, about 200 yards, and got drenched last night! Then I forgot my water bottle in the car and decided I'd just drink out of the water fountain instead of going back out to get it. I did only 60 minutes of cardio last night. I was feeling very lazy. 35 minutes on the elliptical, and 25 minutes on the bike, but on the bike I decreased the level, I usually do level 10 and I went down to 7 because I was exhausted.

Courtney, Good for you getting back in the game. Do not feel bad about meeting someone so soon, you have a right to be happy. Theres no need to sit around being miserable.

Herewegoagain: He's not the cheating type, but neither am I. He's just paranoid. I'm currently ignoring him and will continue to do so until my anxiety goes away. The last time I talked to him I told him I just can't deal with this kind of bull****. He'll learn a lesson, hopefully. and props on feeling fab today! We call it a standard up here in alaska. when you say the word manual in the same sentance as car around here people assume you need to look up a part number.

Taylor: I have been in your shoes when I was a student. I had $10 to last me over a week for food. I bought a bag of rice and some butter. Got hot sauce and salt from taco bell and thats what I ate. It sucked, but now when I think back on it, maybe it did build some character for me. I, at least, can say I know adversity and not be lying about it. FYI, eating only rice for over a week causes constipation. Really bad constipation.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:17 PM   #90  
I will do this.

Yeah right now I have 3 cans of soup, top ramen, 2 cans of tuna a tiny bit of turkey breast, 2 laughing cow squares, pretzels a box of brown rice, 3 apples, a loaf of bread , eggs and milk to last my boyfriend and I for 10 days. And we only have 10 dollars to buy whatever else we need. We went to family dollar and got soup and stew....

I don't think I am gonna be on a diet for the next week and 1/2