3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Darn! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/153292-darn.html)

Anti222 10-05-2008 09:33 AM

Darn!

I'm finally on the last day of my first week and I totally screwed up last night! I'd been really good all week, having 3 decent sized meals a day (enough to make me feel satisfied, not so much as to make me feel stuffed) and I hadn't snacked at all apart from a piece of fruit or something when I felt I was getting hungry.

Last night however it all went wrong. I had half a bottle of wine and then my fiancé came home with sweets and Pringles. A third of a tube of Pringles, a cheese and cucumber sandwich (with REAL butter!!!) and a handful of jellybeans later and I felt like crap! This was at about 10pm so I went to bed before I went and got cheese on toast. I must have walked into the kitchen about 5 times to make it but just managed to tear myself away from it.

I'm sure it was the wine that made me peckish, I was fine before I had that. Maybe I should stay away from it :cry:

Anyway, sorry about that, felt like I had to admit it, carry on with what you were doing :)

bargoo 10-05-2008 10:04 AM

Do you have a diet and exercise plan ?

sh3l5 10-05-2008 10:18 AM

alcohol is a stimulant for me to eat more....
if i can hold back from touching sweets/crisps then im fine....
but once i start i find it hard to stop also....

xYourBelleMortex 10-05-2008 11:33 AM

See, I just had to kick the wine all together. For the simple reason of the amazing munchies. It took me like a week to kick the empty calories too...

JamieJo 10-05-2008 11:38 AM

Don't get too bummed. Many people have a "whatever" to a degree, one day a week. You are still doing great! Today is also "week one" for me. I started just under 165 and was 161.9 this morning (with some cheating this week) so I'm sure you'll do great! Keep it up!

Mae8217 10-05-2008 01:08 PM

You are not alone...I had a rough night as well, but like they have all said above, we will have these every once and a while. I ate really well all week at work and just knew that this weekend would be difficult for me. Well...it was! My husband and I went down the street to a festival last night and we shared WONDERFUL festival fries and I got a corndog. But on the other hand, I'm the kind where if I don't break down and do that every once and a while, i'll stop dieting all together. It's a bit depressing, but I'm back on track today. It's okay to mess up, we're human!

LindsayL0ve 10-05-2008 01:31 PM

don't feel bummed. I have fell of the wagon so many times, I think you'll have these moments some times you just have to pick yourself up and get back on track.

:hug:

Iconised Ghost 10-05-2008 03:02 PM

i swear the pringles catch phrase is actually a warning: "once you pop, you cant stop". Im impressed you only had a third :dizzy:

kelly315 10-05-2008 03:07 PM

alcohol usually does the same thing to me, even if I'm not "drunk", I still want to eat more. Plus, the wine itself has more calories in it than you might expect. I've been trying to avoid drinking more than 2-3 light drinks a night, and only every once in a while.

JulieJ08 10-05-2008 03:44 PM

Look at it this way: you had 1 day you'd like to improve on, and 6 days you liked. Since this is "new" for you, that's a huge improvement over last week or last month. What a success! Plus you learned something about wine that will help you.

Anti222 10-05-2008 04:36 PM

Ahh thanks everyone! :hug: I'm feeling better about it now and it's my first weigh-in tomorrow so I'm kind of looking forward to it :) Week 2 ahead of me, hopefully I'll learn from my mistakes and go for it! :carrot: