Old 10-04-2008, 12:27 AM   #16  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

I went to get a latte this morning, usually soy when I get the treat. I asked about the special, and it was made with with half-and-half. Before thinking, I shocked myself and said before thinking, "Oh, that's too fattening for me," and ordered the soy latte. As I waited for my drink, I was first stunned that I said that (what a mindset change) and then stunned that I said it out loud!
Ufi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 01:40 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesitsmeagain View Post
So I was walking by my local Starbucks and noticed a sign advertising a new drink- salted caramel hot chocolate! MMM did that sound GOOD!
You totally lost me on salted part. That sounds gross!
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 01:48 AM   #18  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Zenor - have you had Salted Caramel? If you want a REALLY yum treat, buy yourself one of these.

http://www.franschocolates.com/home.php?cat=2

Grey salt caramels = little bite of perfection.

It sounds weird but it totally works.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 02:35 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 186/148/135

Height: 5'6"

Mandalinn82, I had those caramels last time I was in Seattle at Frans. They are to die for! I drove 45 minutes out of my way to find them after another web site recommended them. When I saw the ad for Starbucks new hot chocolate they were the first thing I thought of. I especially liked the ones with the smoked salt. Out of this world. Even at that price!

I think I'll have to try the hot chocolate - just to say I did.
deanna125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 02:45 PM   #20  
Workin' It

I went to Starbucks over the weekend and learned two things - 1) the short is commonly referred to as the 'kids' size and isn't advertised, 2) the salted caramel cocoa is really good... the cocoa mix was pre-blended in a container from the cooler- they let me order nonfat and didn't tell me it couldn't be made that way, but who knows what I actually got. Maybe the above mentioned half and half...

Edit - remember when you could get 8 oz. sodas in little glass bottles at the convenience stores? It was a perfectly valid adult size then!

Last edited by Shannon in ATL; 10-06-2008 at 02:46 PM.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 03:10 PM   #21  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

I hate fast food sizing. I'll never understand why any human thinks they need and extra large or super size of ANYTHING. Unless they are returning from an island in the middle of nowhere where there are no fast food places or starbucks (because you can bet that when I hit the anchorage airport on the 31st I'll be in line for one of the aformentioned salted carmel hot cocoas. And I'll probably get a big un' too!

Cali, thats right, this island has no starbucks, no "fast food", no wally world. We have a safeway...wooohooo.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:14 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Starbucks is my enemy! lol
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:03 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 318/260/180

Height: 6'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahjah1223 View Post
Starbucks is my enemy! lol
ditto

chai tea lattes are my budgets arch nemisis
Smagash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:03 AM   #24  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

whenever i go to the coffee shop i opt for water as i cant stand coffee!....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 12:25 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

I love, love. love starbucks! last year for xmas i got $750 in starbucks gift cards! I swear every relative got me one, my boss gave me one it was kinda crazy. But I managed to used them all up....
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 12:50 PM   #26  
Workin' It

Smagash - I used to get a chai tea latte every day from Starbucks until I realized how easy they are to make. All they do is pour Tazo Chai concentrate out of a box and mix with your milk or soy and ice or steamed milk or soy for hot. I drank mine iced, and I could make 8-10 venti equivalents out of one box of chai concentrate that cost me $3.99 from Target plus whatever the cost of my milk or soy. At the time, $2.00ish for a container of soy that made a matching number of iced beverages, so $6.00 made 8-10 drinks that I used to pay $4.23 apiece for... I tried the hot sometimes by heating the soy in the microwave, and just as good...
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 03:47 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenor77 View Post
You totally lost me on salted part. That sounds gross!
Come on Z - sweet and salty is CLASSIC goodness. Yogurt pretzels?

Peets is okay, but I'm a Coffee Bean and Tea leaf fan! I also like Seattle's Best because of their sugar free raspberry syrup (once a year or so, I email Starbucks and suggest they should carry it!). Considering Starbucks owns Seattle's Best...seems like a no brainer.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 05:46 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 217/tick/160

Height: 5'5

I agree that salted carmel sounds icky. But I don't like things like chocolate covered pretzels or any sweet/salty mix. I like my food seperate, my Mom thinks I'm weird and swears I must have been switched in the hospital at birth.

I LOVE non-fat peppermint hot chocolate in the winter. I despise coffe or coffee flavored anything though. I can't even remember the last time I had Hot Chocolate with full fat milk and I don't want to! I know it tastes good but is sooo bad for you. Being that I am so use to non-fat it doesn't bother me. I don't drink plain milk, I'm sure there's a difference in taste there too though.
peachcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:53 PM   #29  
clean eating chick

Height: 5'8

Well I finally caved and got it! The guy didn't seem to know what a short was...once he found it he was like "are you sure you want this size? it's so small!" YES I wanted it...heck it's a normal serving size (8 oz I think), so I told him that. It's super rich so I was barely able to finish the short...my verdict is that it was pretty good but not fantastic. Glad I tried it so I can move on in my life, heh!
yesitsmeagain is offline   Reply With Quote