Old 10-07-2008, 07:15 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 190/187/150

Height: 5'6"

I'll be starting at 189. I'm looking into getting a gym membership now that the winter is coming. No special diet, just portion control and better food choices. I'd love some support too!
lobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 04:14 PM   #17  

Height: 5 5

Dazzling, what sort of weight training are you doing? My cardio routine works for me, but I'm still figuring out exactly what I want to do with the weights. Because I walk/bike everywhere and do the elliptical I have really toned legs- so I'm focusing on upper body strength for now. Are you doing free weights or using machines?
greycella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 05:59 PM   #18  
I m worth it

S/C/G: 176/174/143

Height: 5'2''

greycella: I walk 1 hour everyday in the morning, then in the afternoon I do 30min of Tae Bo and 30min of weight lifting (I just follow movements I read in a book) and that's about it. But I m doing the weight lifting thing only 4 times a week cause I read that's it's not good for the muscle to do it every day.
I feel lighter this week as I just started last week but don't know how much weight I've lost yet, I should WI Friday.
Dazzling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 09:10 PM   #19  

Nice, sounds like you are doing something that's sort of similar to me- except I haven't upped my strength training to that many days per week yet. In the warmer months I can ride my bike back and forth to work, which takes me about twenty minutes each way....but VERY soon I will be back to walking each way...which takes me about 40 minutes. So and hour and twenty minutes total of walking. Then I do 45 minutes on the elliptical, plus the lifting. It's amazing how much it takes to lose- I think! What are you doing for dieting?
Old 10-11-2008, 09:45 AM   #20  
I m worth it

S/C/G: 176/174/143

Height: 5'2''

Today was my first WI, and I was shocked by the numbers I saw !!! It's was 176 lb ! How can this be ?? I've started out with 187 and now 176 in 1 week ! There is no way I could lose 9 lbs in 1 week ! I thought about it for a second ... I weighed myself with a new scale that I just bought yesterday and it says 176. I went and got the old scale and it says 187 ! I then asked my mom to weigh herself on the old scale and sure enought it says 187, my dad as well 187 ! So the old scale wasn't working! I've been dieting and exercing for a week now, and I m sure I've lost some weight at least 1 pound !
But I happy I m now 176 lb I still have to lose 33 lbs to reach my goal of 143 !

Does this ever happen to you ? to weigh yourself in a broken scale without knowing it !
Dazzling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 08:45 PM   #21  

The scale in the women's room at my gym is ten to fifteen pounds light....and the first time I got on it was really excited! One of the staff members remarked that it's good to get on when it's a bad day! They have an old school scale ( like the ones at doctor's offices) in the main area of the gym and that's what I go by....maybe getting a scale at my house would be a good idea but I don't want to deal with one that's inaccurate. What brand did you get?
Old 10-14-2008, 08:33 AM   #22  
Sally

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

Height: 5'6"

i lost 1.4#'s this week... and that was with eating all of my weekly bonus points and going over for the week by like 2 points... i can only imagine what this week will be like since i'm planning on only using 1/2 of the weekly points.
sxulcmnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 08:18 AM   #23  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

DAZZLING I lost 10 lbs quick after reading 'Skinny B****' I actually would not read the book because of the things I heard about it, but so glad I did. I really changed me for the better!!! Plus, reading never hurt anyone
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote