Old 10-06-2008, 11:14 PM   #1  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

Default Buddies...

I am looking for a buddy to lose weight with me.

I am 20 years old (almost 21!), 5'7", and 195lbs. I started at 198 about a week ago. I am trying to get back to the body I had in high school about 3 years ago. Of course then I thought I was huge, but I was always between 140 and 150 and I was very active. I was captain of the Lacrosse team for 3 years and drum major of a very competitive marching band. Needless to say I was always doing something. That has changed.

I recently started working out with a personal trainer about once a week and by myself about 3 times a week. I want to be working out around 5 times a week, but I am afraid that if I shock my body too much at the beginning then I wont change my lifestyle and I will stop and slip back into old ways. I have also started Weight Watchers. I have done it in the past with success, but I never had as much to lose. I want to lose weight and keep it off for good.

I am hoping that if I have a buddy then I will be held accountable for my progress and I will stick to it better. My first short term goal is 8 pounds by halloween. It is a stretch, but thats how goals should be. Since it is about 4 weeks away that means 2 pounds per week. Its possible but difficult.

I hope there is someone out there who wants to try to conquer weight loss with me. I know we can do it!
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:26 PM   #2  
Ashley

S/C/G: 175/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

Hey gatorgirl,
I would like to be your weight loss buddy. I'm 22 5'7 and now weigh 160 I started dietin on Aug. 1 at 175 but in the past weighed 195. I am doin weight watchers at home just eating 1200-1500 cals a day and watchin my points. I use to exercise every other day but now I'm using Jillian Michaels 30 day shred for the 30 days straight. Once I'm done with that I'll alternate with JM and my Hip Hop abs workouts. I think 8 lbs for u is a goal u can reach. I'm goin for 6 lbs this month. We can both be held accountable for our progress and it seems like it will be easier when u have a buddy. If u want to know anything else I'm here or u can just pm me.
jmfan317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:47 PM   #3  
waisting away

Let me know how the 30 day shred goes. I was thinking about doing it, but I have a personal trainer and I am afraid of working out too much too fast might scare me off. Let me know how hard it is. Maybe it would be ok to do.

I also joined a group with a 50 mile challenge for october. I am going to try to walk it. I did a 5K charity walk on Sunday and so I am starting at 3.1/50 miles. I bought a pedometer today to try to track my progress.

Thanks for responding. It is always nice to know that there is someone else out there who is rooting for you.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:59 PM   #4  
Ashley

S/C/G: 175/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

I'm only on day 3 of level one and it is hard but it seems to be getting easier. If u want to do the 30 day shred I would talk to ur trainer first to see what ur trainer says. I'll let u know how the progression with it goes. Thats awesome bout the 50 mile challenge. We r here 4 each other. I agree with u it is nice to have someone else there 4 u.
jmfan317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:33 PM   #5  
waisting away

Today I did ok. I didnt go to the gym like I wanted, so tomorrow, which was supposed to be a day off, will now be spent at the gym. I did walk 1.61 miles and my diet was fine. Im not sure how much water I am supposed to drink each day... Maybe that would help speed up the weight loss a little.