Old 10-01-2008, 03:04 PM   #16  
One step at a time!

S/C/G: 187/ticker/120

Height: 5'7

I started both at the same time (only two days ago lol). The dr recommended it and exercise has always helped with stress and anxiety, so it helps with my eating right too.
If you don´t want to go to the gym, or run, maybe you can get a pedometer (like 5 dollars) and commit to walking xx steps daily, and that way you´re getting exercise in without noticing..
ChileanChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 08:16 PM   #17  

I have always aimed for exercising daily, but it ends up being whenever I have the motivation.
puffypigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 12:21 PM   #18  
Cynicism and Smilies

S/C/G: 245/237/145

I currently have two jobs...one full time, one part time, and so as yet, the best "exercise" I've forced my tired self into is walking around the block when someone calls my cell phone at night. I just wear light sweats all nights, with tennis shoes on, so when someone calls my "at-home" business, I can stick in my ear thing and pop out the door. Unfortunately, walking, even for 60 minutes a day, barelllly counts as real exercise (Certainly not getting my heart rate up that high) but at my weight, I figure anything can help me.

All the weight I've lost(When I started before 3FC, I was 158) so far has been due to diet. I'm hoping to deal with my exercise issue this month, because I know my weight loss will go much faster if I exercise, plus I'll look far better - I have no intentions of losing 100 pounds just to look "skinny fat" (completely untoned) and not all that healthy.

Last edited by flabbyblue; 10-02-2008 at 12:21 PM.
flabbyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 12:30 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

high 270's is when I started, albeit it was short and I tired quickly. As I lost weight I can go longer.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 01:48 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 245/Ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I started eating better and exercising at the same time, though I only started on Monday this week

I've been a member at a local gym for about 3 months now and can count on two hands the amount of times I've dragged myself down there. However, this week I've been feeling a lot more enthusiastic and motivated to go (thanks to everyone on here!) so I went last night and I'm going again in about half an hour. Got to find a way to keep the enthusiasm going though as I can always think of something more fun to do

I spend an hour there doing mainly cardio stuff. Last night I did 30 minutes fast walking on the treadmill (close to jogging but I don't jog because I always hurt either my knee or my ankle when I try ...maybe when I drop a few pounds I'll give it a go). Also did 20 minutes cycling at the level recommended by the gym owner and then 10 minutes on the cross-trainer (think it's what I've heard referred to as an elliptical). I hate those things though, I'm sure they stole the idea from something found in the torture chamber of an old castle! I'll also do some upper body weight training if the blokes aren't using all the machines...or any in the vicinity of the one I want to be on!
Anti222 is offline   Reply With Quote