Old 10-02-2008, 01:56 PM   #31  
Becoming better overall

S/C/G: 199/160/125

Height: 5' 3"

I'm in the same boat~ I've always been overweight so it's tough for me to see myself skinny. It was REALLY tough when I started losing weight.. (my highest was 192) to see how I'd look. I was a bit intimidated by that idea at the time, it was actually overwhelming. but at this point, I'm so eager to see myself skinny! At this point I'm so ready to shed the rest of this weight and dress in the clothes I wanna dress in and feel comfortable in my own skin~ I'm way more comfortable now but not enough...

Last edited by Starrynight; 10-02-2008 at 01:57 PM.
Starrynight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:20 AM   #32  
Get through today

Yes, so much so. I've never been skinny, really ever. And even now that isn't what I want... what I want is to be COMFORTABLE. I haven't been for a very long time, but I've used it as a shield to avoid other things (I'm sure more than even I know). What's weird, is that even though I know this about myself, I'm always surprised when I look in the mirror at how big I am, and I never recognize myself in pictures (what is that THING??). So I am a little of both -- I want more than anything to be comfortable and recognize myself and wear "normal" clothes and stop hiding, but at the same time I can't imagine it being real or anything changing how it's always been.

Oh, the torment I create for myself, it's a wonder I haven't been locked in a padded room!!!
BellaHTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:33 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

At every weight I've been at, it's been hard for me to imagine myself any thinner than at that point.

Does that make sense? lol
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 12:27 PM   #34  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Melanie View Post
Sh315, at 5'7 and 126lbs, you ARE slim. I'm kind of concerned...
Yes, you definately are. We're not just saying that to be nice...you really are thin.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 05:03 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 230/148.5/145

Height: 5'6''

I was always an average size growing up and in highschool...gained all my weight during college and in the past few years..( I dated a guy who was over 300 lbs and I began to just pack on the lbs as well). However I think that once you have been overweight or if you've been for a long time it's like you will never stop being "mentally fat" I look in the mirror and I still see things wrong..instead of right...I didn't even wear a pair of "normal" shorts all summer because of the little bit of fat on the inside of my knees and thighs...I always wore capris...just insane! I wish I didn't feel like this....I do notice a difference in my face....I can now see a collarbone and hipbones and shopping is a blast...I also get a lot of comments and attention from men but no matter what a part of me will always be "mentally fat" :-(.
angelanicole23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:58 PM   #36  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

S/C/G: 317/271/165

Height: 6'0''

I completely know how it is. I have been "fat" my whole life. I don't know what my body would look like at a normal weight. I am excited to see it when I get there but at the same time scared. I have always been known as the "fat girl" and I have used to so many things to hide myself including being "fat."

I have refused to wear skirts/shorts at certain lengths because I think that is only for skinny girls. I have to be honest with myself sometimes though, and say my thighs are not as big as I think they are or my love handles are not as a apparent as I think they are. As much as I have said to myself I don't care what other people think, I do wonder what they see when they see me and most of the time I think of the worst.

I deal with my body image issues as they come. I try and let what my friends and loved ones say about how I look sink in. They have my best interests at heart and we have relationships where if they think there is something wrong we tell each other.
Bee20nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 01:02 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 227.4/227.4/150

Height: 5'1"

This has been on my mind for some time now...
as others have mentioned, a "thinner" you is treated better and nicer because you are more attractive and acceptable in some people's eyes. I have had this theory for a while now myself that when(not if) I lose this weight I will see if the people that did not give me the time of day before will be nicer and more friendly.
we are members of a swim club and I know in my heart that i am treated unkindly because of my appearance-I just feel it. I told my husband this theory and he thinks I'm too self conscious about my weight(he's always wonderful and supportive toward me). The idea seems crazy but I know it's true-I am definately looked down upon. I have this fantasy that I tell these rude people how uncomfortable and sad that they have made me feel when they are being nice to me at some summer function next summer-but I do it in avery classy way-to show that I'm not as low class as they are. Anyone have this type of fantasy??
futuresize6 is offline   Reply With Quote