Old 10-03-2008, 10:47 AM   #121  
*insert inspiration here*

S/C/G: 286/185/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost View Post

Caligirl: You are the busiest woman ever! I hope you get to sleep all day on Sunday.
LOL! Nah...I'm just a spoiled brat...I don't particularly like working for a living and I not too fond of having all of my free time taken up my activities that I don't want to do. I assume most folks are as busy as I am...I just complain all the time.

Of course I'm super tired again...was up late working on a PowerPoint of the brain...if anyone has any ideas of songs with the word 'brain' in it, let me know. So far, I can only think of Cypress Hill. I did jump on the treadmill for a quick mile and I had a bowl of pears and apples for dinner so I feel very good about that. My goal is to not pig out this weekend...Mostly because I'm getting real GOOD pizza for my birthday and I don't it to be ruined by thick coating of guilt.
caligirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 10:51 AM   #122  
Watch... as I disappear!

S/C/G: 140/128/120

Height: 5'1"

Here we go again- That's great that you started back again! You are probably right about your being sick as the culprit of the mysterious weight gain. Who knows, our bodies are so strange!

Ps. I wish I could come up with something that creative while cooking! I'm awful at cooking, the only things I can cook successfully are out of a box or can and those are usually NOT good for you...

caligirl- I have a song that names the parts of the brain...(from Pinky and the Brain) but I can't post the link. If you want I can send you it in a PM.

I'm such a nerd!
Happy Friday!

Last edited by AllyN; 10-03-2008 at 11:07 AM.
AllyN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 10:54 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

Today was weigh in. I gained 3 pounds ugh, I don't know how that happened. Today was my first week back on track and I really expected a pretty large drop on the scale, instead I got a large gain. I'm not going to let it get me down though. If there is one thing I've learned throughout this whole thing it is to not let the scale get me down, and just keep going! So that is what I'm going to do.

I had such a stressful day yesterday, I didn't get a workout in, but I'm sure I burned a lot of calories chasing kids around! It was almost 7 when I got home last night and I just ate supper and went to bed. Luckily, I have the day off today and I'm going to get a good work out in and try to relax a little.

Have a good weekend girls!

Here we go: That is amazing that you walked 3 miles during your lunch break. I'm usually worried about eating and sitting down for a few minutes during mine, but look at you! That's a great idea, I don't have much time on mine, but I think I"ll start trying to get a little walk in.
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 11:11 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Cali- isn't brain in the R Kelly/ Usher same girl song?

Ally- Thanks girl! I could give you some recipes, super easy and really good.

Casey- Thanks, I'm trying to make good use of my time b/c I'm so busy. One thing I've noticed is that our bodies are so weird and have a mind of their own. Sometimes we gain when we should've lost and lose when we should've gained. that's why measurements are so important. It's the ONLY thing that keeps me going. I haven't lost much in the past two months but have lost a lot of inches.
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 12:10 PM   #125  

Here we go: I think I may have mentally blocked that song out because they over played it on the radio...I did down load it though...I'll have to go listen to it.

Ally: pinky and the brain take me back to my younger days...after school cartoons...sigh

I'm hungry...
Old 10-03-2008, 12:18 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Cali- I'm thinking that there are a lot of songs, I'm on a mission for you. I will see what I can find. There are some songs that are out now that have it, I just can't think of it right now. It was over played, but I liked the remix with T-Pain.
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 01:04 PM   #127  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

HAHA Ally- Pinky and the brain brain brain brain brain! We're going to take over the world. Too funny
Anyways today I had a tofu, strawberry, banana smoothie....sooo good
I didnt do that great last night, I ended up having 4 pieces of pizza so I went over my calories a little but not too much. At least I dont have the craving for stuff like that that often! I felt like I needed a treat(it was veggie pizza anyway)So today should be a great day I think!
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 01:21 PM   #128  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

Today I weighed in up 2.5 lbs from yesterday. WTF! I'm so frusterated. I've done cardio 4 times this week and stength training once, I've been on plan with my calories, nothing too salty, drinking plenty of water. For some reason my body refuses to go below 170. I am hating my body right now. I feel like punishing it!
Thankfully it did not snow last night. But it got super cold and I forgot to turn my heater on before I went to bed. I got some sleeping pills from my doc and they worked like a charm, unfortunatly it was really hard to get up this am, groggy and a cold house...I was almost late for work. And I can't manage to get warmed up. I even wore my boots today so my tootsies would be warm but they are still blocks of ice.
I'm not looking forward to this weekend. I don't need any down time to think about food and munch mindlessly. I'm going to have to find something to do to keep my mind off of food. Too bad my house is clean...or I could spend the whole weekend cleaning it...
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 01:24 PM   #129  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

Alright Ghost we need to keep each other on track this weekend! I need to see a loss on Tuesday and you need to get below 170!! We can do this I know we can
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 01:28 PM   #130  

Ghost: I usually read when I need to keep my mind off food and I have nothing better to do. Watching TV makes me munch too much. I usually get so into a book, I don't feel like getting up to go to the kitchen.

Why do I feel fat today? I mean, yes, I know the obvious, I am fat. But why do I feel so fat today? Why is it that some days, you feel smaller and more confident and some days you feel like walking blubber?

I probably just feel like crap cause I look like crap...it's hard to coordinate an outfit in the dark at 4 something in the morning. I accidentally put on my ugly nikes which means I'm going to have to go home to change them. BLAH!
Old 10-03-2008, 01:47 PM   #131  
I'm a khaleesi!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blcarter84 View Post
Alright Ghost we need to keep each other on track this weekend! I need to see a loss on Tuesday and you need to get below 170!! We can do this I know we can
Well, a goal of 169 by tuesday would be nice...but 4 lbs in half a week would kill me. I should, according to my food log and workouts, have lost weight this week but instead I gained. But, maybe I'll lose a whole bunch of mystery weight, so I'm in, it will at least keep me on track with food and excercise to know I have a goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirl98 View Post
Ghost: I usually read when I need to keep my mind off food and I have nothing better to do. Watching TV makes me munch too much. I usually get so into a book, I don't feel like getting up to go to the kitchen.

Why do I feel fat today? I mean, yes, I know the obvious, I am fat. But why do I feel so fat today? Why is it that some days, you feel smaller and more confident and some days you feel like walking blubber?

I probably just feel like crap cause I look like crap...it's hard to coordinate an outfit in the dark at 4 something in the morning. I accidentally put on my ugly nikes which means I'm going to have to go home to change them. BLAH!
Right before my TOM I always feel like a blob and when I look in the mirror I see this fugly chick looking back at me...but when I'm ovulating I am in love with myself, feel great and can't stop applying lip gloss and gazing fondly at myself in the mirror....maybe thats a factor for you today.
Are there nike's out there that are not ugly? J/K, I'm a New Balance girl myself. And good idea on reading, I need to find a good book, so this girl is going to the library tomorrow. I don't watch much tv, only movies and I don't have cable so mindless tv munching is not much of an issue with me. Its more the boredom factor. I get bored and end up baking, or just big batch cooking and then mindlessly picking at the food. Big batch cooking isn't so bad, because then I have dinners for a few weeks, but I cannot control myself sometimes and I will just eat and eat till I'm stuffed.

So, do you all have any good book suggestions for my tough weekend ahead?

Last edited by ghost; 10-03-2008 at 01:49 PM.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:05 PM   #132  

Ghost, you don't want to get me on books. I like have a ton...5 books shelves in my house...4 are over loaded. I read a little bit of every thing...what genre are you most interest in?

and it's not TOM...*glancing at calendar* I still have two weeks of freedom but I do feel bloated. I just want to go curl into a ball and go to sleep...it must be the weather...they're talking about our first rain...which pretty much means folks are about to forget how to drive.

Edited b/c I must say, you don't have cable! wow..I don't watch TV that much either...it's just for back ground noise. When I first moved into my apartment, I didn't have cable, but then VH1 did I love the 80's 3D and I love those shows.

Last edited by caligirl98; 10-03-2008 at 02:06 PM.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:19 PM   #133  
Get through today

Hey all -- It's Friday and that's my happy thought! The week has been blah and not much to talk about. I decided yesterday to take an evening break from exercising and just chill, so I stayed a few extra minutes at work instead of rushing home. It was raining pretty hard when I left. Well, I got to my final exit, and traffic was backed up because of an accident, something that probably happened a few minutes earlier since the cops and ambulance were just arriving. It took almost 10 mins to drive 1/4 mile to the exit, and it's a scary exit anyways and one I only take now because my normal route is closed because of construction. It looked like one car had rear-ended an SUV, and the car was an accordion. There was a guy hanging out of the car (being treated in the car or trapped, I'm not sure) and two ambulances were there and one had already left with someone. Argh, I said a prayer right there for those people involved, it could have me... When I got home I just sat for a little bit, trying to let go of the whole thing. Then I ate dinner, watched the VP debate, read a little and went to bed...

AllyN -- Cooking is definitely NOT my strength either, even things in a box! Once I learn how to make something descent, I'll usually make it continually until I get sick of it.

ghost -- AHHH I agree with you on the cold, there's a chill going on around here as well. And, I found out today, that the heat in my car isn't working... Let's be angry at the cold together! As for books, I read The Memory Keeper's Daughter, which was pretty good. Otherwise I'm a bit obsessed with the Twilight saga, but it's not for everyone...

Here we go again -- Awesome with the walking! Time management is something I'm still getting my brain around...haha

caligirl98 -- Haha, yeah, it's those few show on cable for the reason I have it... I'm going back and forth on canceling it, but I'm still undecided...

And now I have a song stuck in my head, just a melody, and I can't place the movie/show I know it from. ARGH! I hate when that happens because I become obsessive until I figure it out!
BellaHTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 02:30 PM   #134  

Bella: yeah, I was going back and forth too...I was barely watching it and it was a waste of $60 a month (basic expanded) but then I got TIVO which meant I didn't have to watch stuff, I can just tivo and watch it when I get time, so it's staying.

Oooh, Twilight...are you going to see the movie?
Old 10-03-2008, 02:58 PM   #135  
I'm a khaleesi!!

I cut the cable off when my son started repeating stuff he saw on tv when he was 3, it just gave me the creeps that even on channels with childrens programming he was learning violent and sexually explicit things.

As for books, I also have many a bookself overloaded because I do not stick to one genre. I like historical fiction the most. My fav authors are Steve Berry, Dan Brown, Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. But, I read anything really.