Old 10-02-2008, 01:14 PM   #106  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

I am so tired today. I've been dealing with serious insomnia. I have made a concerted effort to go to bed early every night this week, but my brain will NOT shut down, I lay in bed for hours trying to sleep and it just never happens. I went to bed at 10 last night, the last time I peeked at the clock it was 4am. Then I woke up almost 20 minutes late and had to rush the morning routine which meant I didn't get my coffee, on the one day that I REALLY need it. I'm going to talk to the GP here about some sleeping pills, I just can't function like this anymore.
This morning I finally saw 171 for the second time so I changed my ticker. Last week I got as low as 170 but then it went way up to 176. My body is so weird. registering a loss after eating two slices of pizza (600 calories) last night for dinner doesn't help me want to make healthy choices. I guess what they say is true, all foods in moderation can be part of a healthy diet...last night was the first time I have ever been able to control myself around a pizza. But, I managed and I put the leftovers in ziplock bags and froze them so I can send them to school with the boy for lunch. Yay me.
And, as if my post today is not already long enough, I got my cholesterol labs back and my official number is 177, down from 213! Although, my HDL/LDL ration sucks, I need to bring my HDL up.

I'm Still Trying: Great job on the 8lbs! I was looking at the Hungry Girl cookbook last night on amazon thinking about ordering it, now I think I will.

Caligirl: You are the busiest woman ever! I hope you get to sleep all day on Sunday.

Here We Go Again: When I'm having a rough go of it, and I know I'll be easily tempted into making bad choices I pre-cook my food too. It just makes it easier to eat healthy then unhealthy. And I keep tons of fruit around because grabbing a handful of grapes or an apple is just as easy as grabbing the bag of chips.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 02:28 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Ghost- I wonder why you can't go to sleep. I guess I'm in the same boat. I know it's bad, but I never attempt to go to sleep w/o something to help me. It takes me forever to fall asleep. I need to get some valerian root, that's helped me in the past.Good job on freezing the pizza and being good! I had to plan b/c I'm just not strong at all right now. I even packed my work out clothes so I can walk around for 45 min during my lunch break. I don't like the idea of being sweaty but I don't care at this point.
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 04:15 PM   #108  
I'm a khaleesi!!

I've struggled with insomnia since I was a child, but it comes and goes. I think it gets worse the more exhausted I get. Its a family trait really, my grandmother, my sister, and even my son have issues with it. I get it on both ends of the sleep though, sometimes I cannot fall asleep and other times I cannot stay asleep. Both are equally frusterating, especially when all I want to do is sleep. And I truley believe that my weightloss is more consistent when I get a good nights rest.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:51 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 150/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7''

ghost I was JUST thinking about if I could freeze the pizza DH and I ordered last night! Thank goodness you posted that you did.We ordered way too much last night. I didnt do as well as you at limiting my consumption (I had 4 pieces) but I wanted to freeze the leftover for lunches etc, basically so that I dont eat it all tonight. Now I am going home to freeze it. YAY

Also, I got my dream teaching job. SO I cancelled my second interview. I was teaching at a school that had too many teachers so instead of letting the school Board placeme at an unknown school I took matters in my own hands and went on interviews at schools where I would love to work and in positions that I dream of. Well, I got my dream job, start MOnday at a new school!!!!!

My kids, in my class, were bawling though that I was leaving. Cute.

I'm off to BodyPump, ttyl.
i am still trying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 04:56 PM   #110  
Watch... as I disappear!

S/C/G: 140/128/120

Height: 5'1"

artsnsmarts- Thanks! He has been about 300 miles away finishing up his last semester at school! I've only got to see him once in the past 3 months because we have both been so busy! But he is here for the weekend so I'm so excited!

ghost- I totally know what you mean about being frustrated when you eat something not so healthy and the scale goes down! It simply amazes me (and frustrates me at the same time!) I haven't figured out my body yet and I don't think that I ever will!!

i am still trying-That's awesome about you taking a stand and getting something so great in return! I'm getting ready to student teach this spring and can't wait to have my own classroom! What do you teach?!

Last edited by AllyN; 10-02-2008 at 04:58 PM.
AllyN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 05:56 PM   #111  
I'm a khaleesi!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i am still trying View Post
ghost I was JUST thinking about if I could freeze the pizza DH and I ordered last night! Thank goodness you posted that you did.We ordered way too much last night. I didnt do as well as you at limiting my consumption (I had 4 pieces) but I wanted to freeze the leftover for lunches etc, basically so that I dont eat it all tonight. Now I am going home to freeze it. YAY

Also, I got my dream teaching job. SO I cancelled my second interview. I was teaching at a school that had too many teachers so instead of letting the school Board placeme at an unknown school I took matters in my own hands and went on interviews at schools where I would love to work and in positions that I dream of. Well, I got my dream job, start MOnday at a new school!!!!!

Congrats! about the job, not the pizza...

Last edited by ghost; 10-02-2008 at 05:56 PM.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:35 PM   #112  
I'm a khaleesi!!

OMG! the weather service is forcasting snow for us tonight. *cries* Not yet! I still want to hang on to autumn for a couple more weeks!!!
Old 10-02-2008, 09:14 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 150/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllyN View Post
i am still trying-That's awesome about you taking a stand and getting something so great in return! I'm getting ready to student teach this spring and can't wait to have my own classroom! What do you teach?!

I taught grade 2 for 3 years, then grade 4. This year I was teaching grade 4/5and now:
Spec. Ed and English
i am still trying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 09:25 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
I taught grade 2 for 3 years, then grade 4. This year I was teaching grade 4/5and now:
Spec. Ed and English
From one special ed teacher to another...welcome!!! It's a tough job, overwhelming, frustrating, stressful, but completely and 100% worth every second of agony!!! So rewarding
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 09:58 PM   #115  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

Alright everyone so I was having a pretty good day. Got some good rest. Went to work and had a half decent day, then went to the gym and did cardio and weights. Got home and ate a little bit of food. cuddled with my boy, then went online only to find out that my life just got a little more stressful!!! I filed for child support the other day and now I am finding out that my ex had planned this 3rd baby with his new girlfriend and they have known she was pregnant for 2 MONTHS, and he is telling me now. On top of that he is saying that he is moving all over the place, so now I have to go down to the family support building and give them another address and so on so that they can find his ***! Pardon my french lol. So my broke booty is just a little frustrated. I just hoipe that I lose a couple of pounds by next week....I need a good boost to my ego!! Wel enough about that rant. sorry guys

Ghost- Awesome job only eating 2 pieces...i haven't had pizza in a long time and it sounds sooo good(i love veggie pizzas mmmmmm) I haven't ordered any since I have lived out here
I am still trying- It's sooo great that you got a job that you love, unfortunately I cannot say the same about myself but at least it kind of pays the bills!
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 10:24 PM   #116  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

Alright everyone I just ordered some pizza!! *sigh* and I entered all the information about the pizza I ordered into my fitday food log so I know how much I can eat without going over calories or anything. So I will enjoy it once it comes yum, yum. I have been at work all day so i have only eaten 444 calories today...besides I need a little treat and my boyfriend can have ALL the rest when he gets home!
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 10:33 PM   #117  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Quote:

BodyPump at les mills?
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 11:05 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

blcarter -- that sounds so so frustrating!! I hope you end up figuring out the whole child support thing...I hope that's your baby in the picture...CUTIEEEE!!! Ya know what I say? Let yourself have the pizza. As long as you're not overdoing it.....everything in moderation

chele and stilltrying -- you two are angels. I don't know how you do it, it takes a special kind to be teachers....but you are ANGELS!

ghost -- i hope there's no snow....but at least you have new boots?

I'm feeling a little yucky..hopefully it'll pass because I have a SUPER long day tomorrow....5 hours of class then IMMEDIATELY...RIGHT AFTER CLASS I start work until 11:00. By the time I get home I'll have been out of my apt for 14 hours and I'll be DEAD, so I hope I don't feel like crap tomorrow, too!!

At least I'm getting a bunch of hw done tonight, though...
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 12:41 AM   #119  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

My work has been going crazily busy. Well, not really busy-busy, but things have been happening non-stop...Then homework, too. Well, I'm trying to get all the homework done.. at least as much as I can before I leave for Korea next Friday so that I don't have to worry about it as much when I'm on my vacation. My scale has been stuck at 173-174 and I really really really wanted to see 160's before going to Korea. We shall see...(as tightening ab and butt..-my "at-the-desk-workout")..

Hopefully I will be able to do some personals but I don't think I will be able to do it tonight while at work. I have 3 hour training to attend from home for work..although my weekend starts when I get off work tonight in 3 hours! Sigh.

Hope you are all having a better week!!!
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 10:33 AM   #120  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Happy Friday to everyone! I'm so glad it's Friday, it would be better if it was payday but that's ok.

So my new commitment to myself has been working. I'm back in the game. I walked for 55 minutes during my lunch break. I didn't intend to walk that much. I knew my office was on a big block but didn't realize how big until I started walking it. There were no shortcuts so once you start walking the block you're pretty much committed. So I walked 3 miles in 55 minutes not too bad. Then I did the Shred level 2. And...... I had gained for some strange reason... I was at 287 for like three days..... well now, I'm at 284. I'm so glad it's going down. I was sick that's the only thing I can think of, I've been staying within calories. I actually was less yesterday but still did good.

It's a new day Ladies.... Sometimes I get really creative in the kitchen. I just made up something last night. It was so freaking good. 265 cal and it was a lot of food. It had stewed tomatoes, spinach, chicken sausage, mushrooms, and onions.... I'm so making that again.
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote