Old 10-01-2008, 05:18 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

Taylor -- I TOTALLY know how you feel, and that totally made sense to me..... and CONGRATS on getting a part!! That's so so so so so great!! What's the show?? And I'm glad you took my advice about the shoes...it really is the truth!! I've gotten callbacks just based on the fact that producers/directors started talking to me about my shoes and then the conversation evolved into something else!!

ghost -- that's AMAZING about the boots...that's quick even within the continental US. And uhhhhh I'm sorry if you hate this but Dutch Harbor???? Deadliest Catch is one of my favorite shows!! (I'm sorry, I had to!) Also, the landscape there looks really beautiful!!
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 05:40 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I’m all packed and ready to good (which is good because I have to leave at 5 am for the airport). But I have been feeling really icky all day (exhausted and worn down) plus my throat hurts. I’m afraid I am getting sick. I took a multivitamin and am going to take them with me on my trip but I don’t have time to get sick. Blah, I hope this passes.

Ally – I’m in an internship where I have had the opportunity to travel a bunch. I’m a law student and I work with veterans, we go around the country and do educational programs and legal advice to veterans for their federal disability benefits and then train attorneys on how to handle the matters. I’m going to SD to attend the young lawyers conference to try and promote our program and get volunteers. (I was actually in Chicago like 4 weeks ago to take part in a press conference that was broadcasted on a bunch of news and radio stations). I actually think the fact that I’m thinner now has helped because they always want me to be the tv interview person.

Here we go – that is great that the xl is getting too big on you. I put on a 2x t-shirt the other day to sleep in and I think it was literally down to my knees. It amazed me because at my heaviest that it just fit me.

Cali – good job getting to the gym. It so hard to balance study and working out.

Ghost – I totally understand the cold thing. It took a turn here today and makes me sad. The boats sounds great.

Casey – Low fat fajitas yummy! Great job going shopping for healthy food.

Taylor – Good job on getting the part!!! Airports and trips just ask for bad choices with me. Plus I’m celebrating my birthday when I’m there which is going to make this even worse. It sounds like you are planning well, I find apples make great snacks, 100 calorie packs, mini bagels, half sandwiches, and celery and peanut butter. Another suggestion for quick dinner is to buy the roaster chickens at the grocery store are good if you get rid of the skin. Also have you tried the zip lock steamer bags, my best friend showed me them and they are amazing and super quick (you can even put frozen chicken in them and cook it in the microwave.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 05:46 PM   #93  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Congrats Taylor!

You should be proud!!
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 06:35 PM   #94  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Remember: Have you ever tried Airborne? It saved me coincidentally the last time I was in San Diego at a conference. I started coming down with a cold, got some at the airport (its a tablet you dissolve in water, so its got entertainment value too), and I started feeling better the next day, it totally gave that cold the boot. Its chock full of vitamins, with extra vitamin c punch.

Artsmart: YES! DUTCH HARBOR! Its not as tough a fisherman town as the Discovery Channel would like you to believe. And if it were not beautiful I would have left ages ago. I love the place (except for when its sub zero temps and blowing 120 mph).

Last edited by ghost; 10-01-2008 at 06:37 PM.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 06:42 PM   #95  

ghost -- I totally thought you were going to be like "uggghhhhh I HATE IT when people think Alaska is all about Deadliest Catch"!!! I can sympathize with the cold, it gets stupidly cold in Vermont (where I'm originally from), though not THAT cold. I would die. Immediately.

I was REALLY REALLY hoping to make it back to some more dance classes today, but I have a huge project due tomorrow that's turning into more of an ordeal than I expected. I'm upset because my ballet teacher actually asked me to go to this class with her, which would've been nerve-wracking since she's so great, but fun as well!! Ah well....next week maybe if I plan my time a little better.

So now I'm stuck in my apt, and I REALLY wanted to do laundry tonight b/c my apt smells like dirty clothes and I hate having them everywhere, but the grocery store was out of quarters and we only have enough for one load in the washer....not even a load in the dryer!! GRRR!! I'll make sure to get bf to go there early tomorrow so that we can DEFINITELY get it done tomorrow....it's driving me insane!
Old 10-01-2008, 07:02 PM   #96  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Dirty laundry drives me mad too, especially when my son "cleans" his room and throws all this dirty clothes in the hallway by the laundry room door. Then I trip all over it. When I was apartment living, about ten years ago, I would wash clothes in the washers but I'd hang dry them in my apartment because the dryer required $1.00 in quarters and the washing machine required only 50 cents. I saved money and like to think I somehow saved the environment a little too. Sure, my jeans and towels were stiff, but they were dry after about a day hanging.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 11:08 PM   #97  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

congrats taylor! That is really cool, you must be stoked
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 08:17 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 150/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7''

Hi Ladies, I have been MIA for a day or so because I have been trying to re-organize my job. In teaching, usually in October there is a r-org. when all the dust has settled and you can look at class sizes and see if they aare the same as you had projected last June. if they are smaller, your school looses teachers. If they are larger, your school gains teachers. Well, my school lost 1.5 teachers. I decided to move and had an interview yesterday. I also have one today. STRESS!!!

Anyways. all that means is that yesterday I didn't eat anything until 3pm when my intervoew was done. I had butterflies in my tummy. then when I finally did eat- it was pizza, 4 pieces!!!!!!
I felt pretty sick. Probably b/c I am not used to eating that much grease anymore and b/c that was the forst time eating all day. today I am more relaxed so i dont think I'll do that again.

Taylor- congrats on the part AND i bought the Hungry Girl Cookbook.
It's great. To go along with it,i rcomment 'LooneySpoons Cookbook' and 'Eat, Shrink and Be Merry Cookbook'. Low fat delicious recipies.

ghost- I am going to buy some Airborne! It never fails, i always get sick before a flight and I have bad ears anyways and they then stay plugged for like 2 weeks if I am already sick when I fly!!

PS:
I am down 8 pounds!!! Yay, super happy. Now I am going to re-start my weight & resistance training regime.

Last edited by i am still trying; 10-02-2008 at 08:19 AM.
i am still trying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 09:10 AM   #99  
Watch... as I disappear!

S/C/G: 140/128/120

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning everyone!

So I'm supper excited that today is Thursday because that means when I wake up tomorrow my fiancee, Matty will be back! YAYAY! He hasn't seen me since I started trying to slim down! I'm kinda nervous to see what he's gonna say!

I hope everyone has a great day!
AllyN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 09:58 AM   #100  
*insert inspiration here*

S/C/G: 286/185/130

Seriously, I'm going to fall into a coma right now...I'm almost sure of it. I am out of it. I had to be in early today because I couldn't stay late last night b/c of school stuff. So here I am, before the butt crack of dawn sitting at my desk and I have to be in early tomorrow. I don't think I'm going to make it. I think I'm going to have to quit my job and drop out of school just to get some freakin sleep.

Didn't work out last night because it too me next to forever to get some more homework done but I did manage to eat some popcorn...got butter residue all on my keyboard...will have to clean that off later. I am dreading this weekends weigh in....I just know it's going to throw me head first into a depression spiral.

UGH! It looks like I'm going to be mad busy today...
caligirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 10:29 AM   #101  

caligirl -- things sound really really rough right now, I'm sorry....but YOU make the decision about whether or not the weigh-in is going to throw you into a "depression spiral". We all know how hard this is and how high the stakes feel, but with your life as crazy as it sounds, you can't let yourself get that down. Know that you're doing your absolute best, make sure you're drinking enough water and eating breakfast, and just try to stay on track. The weight WILL come off as long as you keep going

AllyN -- OOoooooooooooooooooooooh that's exciting!! I'm sure he's going to think you look AMAZING! If that's you in your picture you were GORGEOUS to begin with!! Where has he been and how long has he been gone?
Old 10-02-2008, 11:06 AM   #102  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Taylor- Congrats girl!!! I bet it feels so good.

Cali- Keep your head up girl. you can do it. Will you be able to rest this weekend?

So, this week has been horrible partly b/c i haven't felt good. So I made a decision last night that regardless of how I "feel" I'm going to make good descisions.

Last night I made a spinach and mushroom omelet for this morning. 1 egg, 2 whites. I also made a tuna salad with no mayo. I have tortillas, spinach, and sprouts to make a wrap. I'm making healthy choices. I'm going to keep going because I can do this. I've never had to fight this hard before to keep going, but with y'alls help I will not give up. I had to just declare it for all to hear!
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 11:23 AM   #103  
*insert inspiration here*

S/C/G: 286/185/130

Arts: I know...I should really look at the big picture...I just feel so guilty when I don't work out. What is up with that?

Here we go: UGH! this weekend...maybe Sunday I'll have some time to myself. Saturday, I have to go my God daughter’s 1st birthday party...as horrible as this sounds, I am soooooo not in the mood. All those kids with the way I'm felling...*sigh* My friend already wants me at her house by noon (set up), which means I'll have to leave my house by 11 which means I'll have to get up at 8 to work on that research paper. And then I'll be stuck there ALL day b/c my friend can never start her parties on time...

Ok, enough pissing and moaning from me; good for you making those healthy choices...I need to be more like you...I should have had a bowl of fruit instead of that popcorn, but the popcorn was all warm and buttery salty goodness. Seriously, ya'll are some gourmet type cooks, cause if I can't have it fixed and ready in 3 minutes, I'm not having it. You should see me make a salad; pour the salad into a bowl, a table spoon of dressing and I grab fork.

Let me stop BSing and get back to work...I would love an hour for lunch today...

Last edited by caligirl98; 10-02-2008 at 11:23 AM.
caligirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 12:21 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Cali- I totally needed that encouragement b/c I feel like I'm barely in the game right now. Girl, you might have to start saying no. Since you are so busy with school and work. You gotta take care of yourself. Your friends will understand that it's just for a season. You have to make sure you're ok. As far as cooking, I'm originally from Louisiana/ Arkansas so I love to cook. It's fun finding healthy things to make. My roommate loves my cooking and I've been teaching her some of my secrets.
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 12:58 PM   #105  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

I'm considering signing up DH and I for the 5k event in the Houston Marathon in January. There is a 90 minute time limit which we could easily do walking but I think it might be fun to put ourselves out there a little bit. I think I've just about sold him on it.
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote