Walk Away the Pounds

• Hi Everyone!

I've just gotten into doing the "workout at home" thing and I really love Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds DVDs. So far I've only done the one-mile workout, but I'm going to try the two mile tomorrow. Is anyone else using these DVDs? I'd love to know your experience with them and maybe find a buddy too!

Have a great weekend!!
  • Let me preface this by saying you have to do what's right for you!!

However, I didn't like them too much. I really felt like it didn't give me a very good workout. If I am going to exercise, I want the best bang for the buck! You know what I mean? No weight training, not very intense cardio. It just wasn't what I was looking for.

But good luck! And stick to something.... it's the best thing you can do for yourself!
  • Walk Away the Pounds
    I have used these videos/DVD's for years, and I love them. I have both her weighted balls and the walk waist weights. They are great!
  • I borrowed the 3-mile from the library and I love it! I wear my 3 mo old in a baby wrap and do the 3 miles. I can't lift my hands very far over my head because of the baby carrier, but I try to do the modified version. I don't use the weights because I'm plenty heavy and I don't want to put too much strain on my joints. I tried doing some harder cardio dvds and it was just too much. I love the walking!!! Good luck with the 2 mile!
  • I recently picked up the 4 Mile Fast Walk at Walmart, and I'm happy with it so far - it's a 50 minute workout, not too hard on my joints, and it makes me sweat! I've been switching off between that DVD, the Weight Watchers beginner DVD, and just walking.
  • I like them quite a bit. I mean, they're not the same kind of intensity that you'd expect from a gym workout, but they're awesome for at-home use, and no special equipment is required.
  • I tried the 2-mile fat burning workout today. It was great. I worked a lot harder with this one since it involves the hand weights. I think I'm going to stick to this series and work my way up to doing 4 miles in a day over time.
  • i'm going to be getting back in to these soon... i can't do the hardcore ones yet because my knee isn't healed all the way, but i want to start doing SOMETHING... not working out has been a killer to my psyche
  • I like the WATP video that I have. I've used it a few times now on weekends. And, quite honestly, it makes me sweat very nicely. I've only done 2 miles... how sad that I get exhausted past that! But, I plan to continue using the DVD whenever I need to get an at-home workout in. I actually like her cheerfullness (this coming from someone who also likes Richard Simmons ) and it makes me feel good about working out.
  • I like the ones that incorporate jogging. Still not the same as running outisde but it's a bit more intense than the ones with just walking.
  • I tried the 3 mile walk with the waistband today -- LOVED IT. The pace on the 2nd mile seemed faster than on the other DVDs. And I totally agree with Faerie about liking her cheerfulness. It helps motivate me. Have a great day ladies!
  • wow--- after reading your posts i want to go get some from the library and try them again with the baby in a sling--- haha--- ya he's 8 months --- if he lets me that is--- and i tried them when i was pregnant --i liked them but i was tired quickly with them--- so it was a workout for me---course i was huge when i tried them too ---
  • I have one of the Weight Loss version of 4 mile ones. When I do it, I always do 4 full miles because if I don't, I feel like I'm not getting enough. It does make me sweat but since I'm a gemini, I got bored so fast... Now I run about 30 minutes instead of using the DVD and I watch TV while running so that the time goes by fast. However, I did feel like it was a good workout because I start sweating before realizing it... I think Power Walking is the key point.

Good luck!