Old 09-23-2008, 08:02 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

I love Facebook....especially since you can "stalk" people's pages LOL
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 09:26 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

OMG I just ate a pint of ice cream, I was having such a great day. Healthy breakfast, lunch, and dinner, but I was craving sweets and my calories were only 900 plus I did 75 minutes of cardio and I decided to get a pint of ice cream. Well I was only going to have a serving but ate it out of the carton and then next thing I know the whole thing was gone. Now I feel like I’m going to puke.

Just Keep Swimming – Happy Birthday!!!!

Heather – LOL that does sound like BL. I love facebook although I find it weird when people who are not my friends (like old high school classmates) stalk me and then when I run into them in public they make comment about my weight.

Bella – I total agree about getting up and going to the gym it makes me feel better.

Taylor – Good job!!! I understand what you mean about portion control but try and fill your plate up with lots of veggies to make up for the little portion of meat.

Carter – Hmmm that sounds good. I had a rum and diet caffeine free coke last night. Great job being down 5 pounds.

Tara – I agree I’m shocked at how much people are writing. I would love to go to Korea, I haven’t been able to go to asia yet, but I’m sure one day. Oh what was your hubby thinking bring all that **** home.

Meredith – It is funny that you mentioned that your stomach looks flat with clothing on because I totally agree that I look one way with clothing on but different without. It is so hard having extra skin I can’t wait to get it removed. I have to stay I’m in school but if I don’t come here then my eating gets out of control. Also the health stuff on biggest loser freaked me out and made me appreciate all the weight I’ve lost.

Here We Go – Good Job on the measurements and the 10 minute mile!!!!

Ghost – Don’t you love when the you get those complements. It makes you feel so good.

Shan – Travelling sucks. Stay strong.

Cali – On Fridays I normally end up running up and down stairs like a million times at work and just keep saying to my boss that it’s just a little bit of way to get an extra work out in.

Jaclyn – Well at least you are exercising, try and get the eating under control think about what is causing the eating.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:24 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Thanks Remember. I've missed you around here. You're such an inspiration.

So I did the Jillian Michaels thing. Then I ran, but I was so tired I just slowed it down to a 15 min mile. I'm so proud of everyone. I think the endorfines are really going b/c I feel great!
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:57 PM   #64  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

So I finally got to go to the gym today after my boyfriend's son left and sure made it worth it. I ran for 60 minutes, went 5.5 miles and burned 630 calories. Now if that doesn't get my to my goal next tuesday of being down 3 more pounds I dont know what will. Although I had a cookie today that I made I didn't sit down and eat a ton of them. My breakfast and lunch were SUPER HEALTHY and my dinner will consist of a turkey burger that I made with swiss cheese tomato onion mustard and a whole wheat bun. SOUNDS delicious I can't wait. But first I need to shower.....sticky and sweaty I am!
Rememberhowtosmile-you are truly an inspiration, you make me realize I can do it too. I am also from michigan and just moved to nevada a couple of months ago.
To everyone else. GREAT JOB! keep it up and I will see ya'll tomorrow(so to speak)
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 11:06 PM   #65  
Yarp.

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Ghost - 4000 miles??? Where the heck is this man? I'm glad he's seen the error of his ways.
UrsusMaritimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 11:11 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here we go again View Post
Does everybody have Facebook? We should be friends.

you can look me up by [email protected]
same here - my name is Sarah Gar on there, just search

I love new friends

Blcarter - 5.5 miles! WOW I get tired from 3 miles.... Now I want to try to run 5 and see if I can do it haha
garstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 02:05 AM   #67  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Happy birthday just keep swimming! Or belated birthday if i am late >.<
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:31 AM   #68  

Good morning! So I got my scale back after not having it for a week. Um, I gained, I was 284. I'm like what the crap? How can that be. I upped my cals, I've been working out. I'm not going to dwell on it. I can't it will discourage me. I can do is keep doing what I'm doing.

Gar- We're so friends on my facebook!
Old 09-24-2008, 11:06 AM   #69  
*insert inspiration here*

S/C/G: 286/185/130

Here we go, that sometimes happens. I remember a couple of years ago when I got my treadmill, I was 262 and for a week and half, I was eating right and walking like 4 miles a day and then after like 11 days, I finally stepped on the scale and nearly had a stroke...267. That's happened to me a couple of times...I feel great, but the scale contradicts me. You really can't dwell on it if you know you're doing what's right. Like I say, the scale isn't the only way to measure weight loss.
caligirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:10 AM   #70  

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirl98 View Post
Here we go, that sometimes happens. I remember a couple of years ago when I got my treadmill, I was 262 and for a week and half, I was eating right and walking like 4 miles a day and then after like 11 days, I finally stepped on the scale and nearly had a stroke...267. That's happened to me a couple of times...I feel great, but the scale contradicts me. You really can't dwell on it if you know you're doing what's right. Like I say, the scale isn't the only way to measure weight loss.
Thanks Cali. I was doing better when I didn't way myself. I think I'll just weigh once a week. I did it b/c I started the Jillian Michaels 30 day thing and I wanted to see what my starting weight was. All morning I've been saying inches, I've lost 10 inches in two months. I wish I would have measured myself when I first started losing. That first month I lost 19 pounds and I have no idea how many inches. In two months since then I've lost 4 pounds and 10 inches. So strange.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:22 AM   #71  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

Here we go and garstar - I friended both of you. Haha we should all be facebook friends! You can search for me by my AIM screen name, a kool aid notion.

Oh, and thanks again for all the birthday wishes!!
just keep swimming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:27 AM   #72  

Quote:
Originally Posted by just keep swimming View Post
Here we go and garstar - I friended both of you. Haha we should all be facebook friends! You can search for me by my AIM screen name, a kool aid notion.

Oh, and thanks again for all the birthday wishes!!
I just confirmed you! It's funny to know that we have real names. lol
Old 09-24-2008, 11:27 AM   #73  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

Hello everyone! I hope you are all doing well today. I am feeling good and have maintained my loss from yesterday, so now I don't feel so bad about changing my ticker, heh. It's a teensy bit disappointing that I won't reach my mini-goal before starting school (darn you, last weekend!!), but I am so close so I'm not stressed about it. Plus, I'm not so sure that I want to move on to my next mini-goal of, *gulp* Onederland. It's a veeery scary thought! It seems a million miles away right now; I have to keep reminding myself that I'm a heckuva lot closer than I was before! I still feel like I have 64 lbs to go, LOL.

I am a bit worried because I made plans to go to Cracker Barrel for dinner tonight with some friends... I think I can indulge a bit and have EITHER some fries or some chicken dumplings (minus the chicken, ha) but I can't decide which one, and I'm worried that I'll cave in and have both, heh. I tried to find some nutritional info and it looks as though the "Country Vegetable Plate" has 380 cals but it sounds so boring! I hate to pay good money for something that's not even good as what I good make at home! Which is why I'm tempted to indulge, grr. We'll just have to see how it goes... Wish me luck, everyone!

Ghost - Time for me to put my foot in my mouth, I guess! But I am really sorry to hear that your sister has been acting that way... I've experienced something similar with my mother being really unsupportive, and basically trying to sabotage me along the way, and it is really hard. Weight loss just seems to screw with people's heads and make otherwise normal people act like total jerks, heh. But good luck dealing with her and her insecurities. You are no longer the "fat" sister and you worked very hard for it, so hopefully her comments can just bounce off of your hard muscle, hehe.

RememberHowToSmile - Yes! The loose skin is irritating. I don't have it too badly yet (because I haven't lost that much yet LOL) but I'm already starting to notice. But with clothes ON, my boobs are pushed off my my mid-section and you can see how it actually flattens out, and the softness is all covered! Before I was more akin to a solid mass of flab, with my chest blending in to my stomach, hehe.

Blcarter - That dinner does sound pretty yummy! Though I'm a vegetarian, heh, so I'd probably sub a garden burger or some tofurky! Great job working out and eating healthily today--you are really doing well so far!

Here we go again - Huh! Sorry to hear that you didn't have a loss, but that must've just been one of those crazy fluctuations, especially since you know that you've lost so many inches already. Obviously whatever you're doing is working, so I hope you're not too discouraged by the scale. It's good to see that your attitude is so great--some people (like, um, me) would probably be tempted to give up, and it's very admirable that you're not even considering that as a possibility. You go girl!!

Last edited by Star2Be; 09-24-2008 at 11:29 AM.
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:37 PM   #74  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

Okay people. Whats the worst thing thats ever happened to you food wise? Last night I made a big tasty salad with cucumbers, tomatos, carrots, raddish, goat cheese and balsamic. I sat down, ready to dig in and enjoy. First bite, I get a huge chunck of goat cheese which is usually my fav. IT WAS MOLDY! I gagged, spit it out and about died. I had to run to the sink because my gag reflex was going full force and I was losing it. I had to throw the salad out. Then, for the rest of the night I could smell and taste moldy goat cheese. OMG. It was the worst thing ever. I don't think I'll ever be able to enjoy goat cheese again. *insert sad face here*

Other then that horrendous experience I'm doing good. I stepped on the scale this morning and I'm 171.5ish...so .5lbs in a week, but thats with TOM having been last week so I'm lucky there wasn't a gain. I swear I can still smell and taste moldy goat cheese.

Here we go again: After giving your scale to your roommate did you zero it before you stepped on it? I know when my scale gets moved around it gets discombobulated and I have to zero it. Also, did you weight in the morning or at night? I usually weigh in the morning becasue I can fluctuate up to 4-5 lbs during the day. It creates this weird love/hate relationship between me and my scale where I totally b!tch it out and then have to apologise profusely the next morning. You know how it is.

Star: Mothers are supposed to love us the way we are, I think thats why they sabatage us the most. When I first started dieting, at 230+ lbs my mom brought me a double cheeseburger with a large order of fries to work one day out of the blue. We ended up not talking for a week over the incident. I still can't figure out her motivations for that, and its been two year.

UrsusMaritimus: He's in San Fran, its more like where the heck am I?
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:43 PM   #75  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost View Post
Okay people. Whats the worst thing thats ever happened to you food wise? Last night I made a big tasty salad with cucumbers, tomatos, carrots, raddish, goat cheese and balsamic. I sat down, ready to dig in and enjoy. First bite, I get a huge chunck of goat cheese which is usually my fav. IT WAS MOLDY! I gagged, spit it out and about died. I had to run to the sink because my gag reflex was going full force and I was losing it. I had to throw the salad out. Then, for the rest of the night I could smell and taste moldy goat cheese. OMG. It was the worst thing ever. I don't think I'll ever be able to enjoy goat cheese again. *insert sad face here*

Other then that horrendous experience I'm doing good. I stepped on the scale this morning and I'm 171.5ish...so .5lbs in a week, but thats with TOM having been last week so I'm lucky there wasn't a gain. I swear I can still smell and taste moldy goat cheese.

Here we go again: After giving your scale to your roommate did you zero it before you stepped on it? I know when my scale gets moved around it gets discombobulated and I have to zero it. Also, did you weight in the morning or at night? I usually weigh in the morning becasue I can fluctuate up to 4-5 lbs during the day. It creates this weird love/hate relationship between me and my scale where I totally b!tch it out and then have to apologise profusely the next morning. You know how it is.
Here's the thing. I weighed last night. I weighed 284 i was like cool b/c i usually weigh a lot more at night. I weighed this morning and it was 284.4. I was like whatever! It's digital, do I have to zero it? I'm so done with scales.

That's awful about the goat cheese.... I'm sure it wasn't a pretty sight.