3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Slipping as the weekend nears (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/151826-slipping-weekend-nears.html)

irishluck8 09-18-2008 05:11 PM

Slipping as the weekend nears

Hi Everyone,

I've been calorie counting for the last few days. I've attempted calorie counting in the past. I've noticed today a pattern that has caused me to fail before. I start my diet Monday and by Thursday I just start slipping, being lazy about measuring all my food, etc. When I feel the weekend getting closer I get excited and I move into the mind set 'eat, drink and be merry'. I've put my weigh-in days on Mondays to try and combat the weekend over indulgences.

Does anyone suffer from this? Any tips?
Thanks

luvja 09-18-2008 05:24 PM

Yes, I'm exactly that way. I'm always screwing up on weekends... :(

mamaspank 09-18-2008 05:37 PM

I do the same thing, but rather than "screwing up," WW allows an extra 35 fudge points -- that's how I treat them. I just let myself enjoy pizza or ice cream or barbecue -- whatever. This is usually one or two more wild meals for me that I usually use for the weekend. But I am totally guilty of letting it all hang out food-wise on weekends.

CookieMonster416 09-18-2008 05:42 PM

I am totally with you Irishluck. During the week I am perfect, but as soon as I leave work on Friday I am in an all out binge. I keep trying to figure out how not to make this happen. I feel like if I just plan my weekend like I would plan my week, but give myself a bit of a calorie leniency (a couple extra hundred calories) then maybe I won't go into a full fledged binge.

It's easier when you don't have big plans coming up like a holiday or family buffet party.

irishluck8 09-18-2008 05:51 PM

I guess I'll just really try to plan well this weekend. I have a habit of treating myself to something I'm craving on Saturday mornings at the market. This spurs on a two free for all. I'm hoping the scale will move on Monday morning...so I'm going to try to stay in control. I'll keep you posted

julie99s 09-18-2008 06:11 PM

Weekends are the enemy for me. I have my weigh ins on Sundays, hoping I'll be extra good Saturday nights. It doesn't typically work. :/

ghost 09-18-2008 06:34 PM

I only manage to behave on weekends if I cut out alcohol completely. Also, I schedule my weekend workouts for mid afternoon so I'm not at home and tempted to munch. I avoid bars because with that comes bar food. I generally just try and keep as busy on the weekends as I am during the week so that I don't sit around thinking, "oh, I'm going to snack on this."

Nevaeh 09-18-2008 07:04 PM

I am the same way, I usually always slip up at least once on the weekends unfortunately. What I'm going to try this weekend is to plan all my meals a day in advance. That way I have everything set in stone. I'll let you know how it goes. ;)

amandarose17 09-18-2008 07:30 PM

I guess I will join the bandwagon. I hate weekends when it comes to food. I have even thought about getting a second job because I know I do well when I am at work. I also agree with Ghost, you need to cut out all alcohol to have a good weekend. I can say now, so much for this weekend.:dizzy:

sh3l5 09-19-2008 02:05 AM

yup weekends are the worst for me....
i do hardly any additional exercise to my workouts....
food is freely available from downstairs....
im guna keep up the strictness now tho!....

irishluck8 09-19-2008 09:30 AM

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I just got invited to dinner at a friends house. OH NO. I actually feel like hiding out at my house so I'm I don't have to deal with temptation. It is hard eating at other people's homes because I have no idea how many calories are in the food. I need to remind myself that this is a life style change and I'm going to have to be able to handle situations like this without blowing it all together.