Old 09-18-2008, 05:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/149/135

Height: 5'5

Default Slipping as the weekend nears

Hi Everyone,

I've been calorie counting for the last few days. I've attempted calorie counting in the past. I've noticed today a pattern that has caused me to fail before. I start my diet Monday and by Thursday I just start slipping, being lazy about measuring all my food, etc. When I feel the weekend getting closer I get excited and I move into the mind set 'eat, drink and be merry'. I've put my weigh-in days on Mondays to try and combat the weekend over indulgences.

Does anyone suffer from this? Any tips?
Thanks
irishluck8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 05:24 PM   #2  

Height: 5'9"

Yes, I'm exactly that way. I'm always screwing up on weekends...
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 05:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

I do the same thing, but rather than "screwing up," WW allows an extra 35 fudge points -- that's how I treat them. I just let myself enjoy pizza or ice cream or barbecue -- whatever. This is usually one or two more wild meals for me that I usually use for the weekend. But I am totally guilty of letting it all hang out food-wise on weekends.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 05:42 PM   #4  

I am totally with you Irishluck. During the week I am perfect, but as soon as I leave work on Friday I am in an all out binge. I keep trying to figure out how not to make this happen. I feel like if I just plan my weekend like I would plan my week, but give myself a bit of a calorie leniency (a couple extra hundred calories) then maybe I won't go into a full fledged binge.

It's easier when you don't have big plans coming up like a holiday or family buffet party.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 05:51 PM   #5  

I guess I'll just really try to plan well this weekend. I have a habit of treating myself to something I'm craving on Saturday mornings at the market. This spurs on a two free for all. I'm hoping the scale will move on Monday morning...so I'm going to try to stay in control. I'll keep you posted
Old 09-18-2008, 06:11 PM   #6  
In love with...THE GYM!!

S/C/G: 243/213/150

Height: 5'8"

Weekends are the enemy for me. I have my weigh ins on Sundays, hoping I'll be extra good Saturday nights. It doesn't typically work. :/
julie99s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:34 PM   #7  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

I only manage to behave on weekends if I cut out alcohol completely. Also, I schedule my weekend workouts for mid afternoon so I'm not at home and tempted to munch. I avoid bars because with that comes bar food. I generally just try and keep as busy on the weekends as I am during the week so that I don't sit around thinking, "oh, I'm going to snack on this."
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 07:04 PM   #8  

Height: 5'3"

I am the same way, I usually always slip up at least once on the weekends unfortunately. What I'm going to try this weekend is to plan all my meals a day in advance. That way I have everything set in stone. I'll let you know how it goes.
Nevaeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 07:30 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I guess I will join the bandwagon. I hate weekends when it comes to food. I have even thought about getting a second job because I know I do well when I am at work. I also agree with Ghost, you need to cut out all alcohol to have a good weekend. I can say now, so much for this weekend.
amandarose17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 02:05 AM   #10  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

yup weekends are the worst for me....
i do hardly any additional exercise to my workouts....
food is freely available from downstairs....
im guna keep up the strictness now tho!....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 09:30 AM   #11  

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I just got invited to dinner at a friends house. OH NO. I actually feel like hiding out at my house so I'm I don't have to deal with temptation. It is hard eating at other people's homes because I have no idea how many calories are in the food. I need to remind myself that this is a life style change and I'm going to have to be able to handle situations like this without blowing it all together.