Old 09-16-2008, 07:17 PM   #1  
on my way to satisfaction

S/C/G: 245/230/160

Height: 5'6"

Default I needed a stress fix and messed up big time!!

Hi all,
Yesterday i got a phone call at 3pm from my husband who called to tell me that he is leaving for Texas in the morning ( today) for at least 4-6 weeks maybe longer due to the Hurricane. He is a tree Climber and works on transmissions lines ( power lines) and clears trees off of them. His work was sending down 11 Trucks and he is one of them to go. When he leaves ( which he did at 4am today) he wont be back till the work is done. We have been through this before but now we have our kids ages 4 and 2 that wont see there daddy for 4-6 weeks. I worry about how they will handle it.

Right away i get totally stressed, and what is my stress fix,? FOOD!! I totally managed to get through yesterday because i was busy getting him stuff to leave and he was getting his work truck ready so it was not bad. but tonight after being COMPLETELY on track with LAWL for the past week i ate 3 oreo cookies( double stuffed)...

NOW i know alot of you are going to be like what is the big deal and you will be ok but, its kinda like drinking, you start out with the lighter stuff and by the end of the week you are drunk at the bar and dont know how you got home. It seems like since i got the sweet taste in my mouth now that is all i want. I have been doing SUPER GOOD this past week losing 8 pounds and i dont want to screw up now.

I just had to vent because i have 4-6 weeks of having to deal with this and it is hard, very hard..

Thanks all for listing to me go off, i totally needed to do that!!

Shannon1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 07:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Step away from the Oreos! lol

You are doing great. Why don't you and the kids go for a walk or do something to get your mind off of sugar? You're doing great. You can continue to make great health choices.
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 08:23 PM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

The good thing is that you realize what you've done. So now, think about yourself one month from now. A short visualization process. Will you be a few more pounds down? Haven eaten healthfully? And be able to share your wonderful progress with your husband?

Your kids need you to take care of yourself, too. Especially now.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 08:31 PM   #4  

HI Faerie,
You are totally on with the Visual thing. My hubby called me from bristol, Tenn. about 1 hour ago as they were gasing up there work trucks and i told him what i did and he told me "just think if you keep on track you will be down a few more pant sizes and i might not know you when i get home" i know he was joking but visualizing what i hope to look like when i get home works well!

Thanks all for the kind words i will need you all over the next few weeks i know it and i am so glad you are all here to help!
Old 09-17-2008, 02:13 AM   #5  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

why dont you aim for the day he returns....
say 6 weeks time....
and wow him with your progress....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 05:53 AM   #6  

Shannon, you poor thing! That must be hard, your husband going away, so take a minute or two to feel bad for yourself and then get your mind into "I'm gonna look so foxy and fit when he comes home mode!" ...and throw out the rest of the oreos!! You can do it, girl!!
FabFittyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 07:01 AM   #7  
Keep on Keepin' ON

S/C/G: 190/179/150

Height: 5'3"

Throw out the oreos and congratulate yourself not only on your control over your food but over your strength in going through this hard time. Hehe, and this is too good an opportunity to become the "incredible shrinking wife" if you mention it to your kids, as young as they are, they might just jump on that idea as a fun surprise for daddy. We're here when you need us. Lots of love, , and

~Sidheag

Last edited by Sidheag; 09-17-2008 at 07:02 AM.
Sidheag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 10:20 AM   #8  

Thanks all for the kind words, i have totally decided that i have to keep going and going no matter what even if i am stressed. I have figured out that the only thing i really am stressed about is that i worry for all the guys that something will go wrong and they will get hurt or something. I know i can do this and i am going to continue with today and make the best of it.

I "weigh in" tomorrow so i will let you know how it goes then. Thanks all for your time.