Old 09-16-2008, 02:51 PM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default Wooo! Going out!!

So my friends and all always go out to our local bar on friday nights. Since embarking on this new life of not overdoing it, i have also been conscious of the drinks i get. I used to just get beer and vodka redbulls but, last week i got a rum and diet. It made me remember that i really dont like rum and diet, I feel like I must have had a bad night or a few bad nights, after a lot of it or something....something is just not good about it anymore....

I mean, I can suffer through it I'm sure, and after a couple I probably won't even notice that I don't like it!

so what do you guys do when you go out?
sarasynthesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:00 PM   #2  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Height: 5'7"

moderation moderation moderation
If I go too hard on the red wine it's a disaster. I find myself telling people what I really think of them. Hahhahah
greeneggsandtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 360/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

I overpay for sparkling water mixed with cranberry juice and lemon!

Seriously!

A long time ago I decided that going out was about the company, the environment, the music and the dancing - not the drinking. :-)
NuevaVida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:20 PM   #4  
A New me! Right Now!

S/C/G: 218/198/145

Height: 5'1"

The drinking waste too many calories for me......i tend to feel guilty for spending my calories on the drinks. I too just go to hang out with my friends.
dlphnmomva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:39 PM   #5  

well, i mean i dont want to give up the drinking. im really just looking for ideas of things that you guys know are 'better'. like, what are the calories for a glass of wine vs a beer or a mixed drink? i tried searching but i am just no good at it!
Old 09-16-2008, 04:16 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 228/158/148

Height: 5'6"

This is just a lil that I found:

Alcohol source/Calories

Regular beer (12 ounce)/180

Light beer (12 ounce)/100

Wine (5 ounces)/90*

Champagne (5 ounces)/106

Spirits (1.5 ounces)

80 proof/97

90 proof/110

100 proof/124

And this link http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/l...cktails?page=4 on calories in popular cocktails.
mojolove05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 04:18 PM   #7  

Height: 5'8

I like wine spritzers when I'm at home. Half seltzer water and half wine, it makes me think that I'm enjoying a full glass of wine, but only its not.
When I'm at the bar I like jack and coke or somekind of flavoured vodka with diet coke. They'll usually have a choice of vanilla, raspberry, or cherry vodka and when you mix it work diet coke its just a kind of off cherry coke haha (or whatever flavour)

Thanks to my healthy eating and very very light drinking (I only go out to the bars on Saturday nights usually and maybe have a glass of wine or 2 during the week) I have become quite the lightweight, so luckily I don't need too many drinks haha

I want some ideas too!
tater tash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 04:37 PM   #8  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

I like vanilla stoli and diet coke but rum is less carbalicious the vodka. I just don't like rum, it has the flavor of high school parties for me.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 04:48 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

After not drinking for about two years, pregnancy and then breastfeeding, I way overdid it my first night out. I vomited until the next night. I paced myself last weekend, however, only a beer and a half in a four-hour span because I was so afraid I would do what I did last time. I know partying on the weekends is what held me up from trying to lose weight for about eight years. I think now I am more comfortable in my own skin and don't feel the need to drink a lot to lose my inhibitions -- besides that one night out.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 05:01 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 129/see ticker/110

Height: 5'1"

I love vodka and diet coke. My sister did weight watchers and they recommend a bloody mary because you get a serving of veg. But, unless they are made properly they are horrible.

Besides vodka and diet coke sometimes I get light beer... Amstel light is my favorite. I always need to have a drink in my hand so I like to alternate between a drink drink and sparkling water, or just plain diet coke.
Taurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 05:05 PM   #11  
i WANT this...bad

S/C/G: 225/ticker/140

Height: 5'3

Clear alcohol is better than dark. I usually get a vodka sour. Also are you socially or just going to get plastered.. If you are leisurely I would say vodka sours or vodka cranberry/pineapple. If to get plastered tequila/vodka shots.. quick and fast.. lol
SephyFowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 05:14 PM   #12  

haha, no im not looking to get plastered, i spent too much time doing that whilst in college....im just looking for ideas of BETTER stuff to have when i do go out. i like to have a couple drinks to relax from my hard week

last week i had cherry vodka with diet and it was awful. i dont know if it was the brand of liquor, or the brand of soda, or that it was too strong, but i couldnt even finish it! this week i will try something new, see what other flavors they have
Old 09-16-2008, 05:15 PM   #13  

oh and thank you all so much for your responses!! great ideas! keep 'em comin if you get more :-D
Old 09-16-2008, 06:10 PM   #14  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneggsandtam View Post
moderation moderation moderation
If I go too hard on the red wine it's a disaster. I find myself telling people what I really think of them. Hahhahah
LOL!

My problem is that I love to sing, but when I'm tipsy I LOVE to sing... And although my voice is naturally very loud (I'm a belter ), I have no sense of volume when there's alcohol in my system, so I reach earsplitting levels. But somehow I always think I sound amazing!

To be honest I know nothing about "healthy" drinks. I am most definitely still in the college phase, so my options are fairly limited. Luckily I'm not much of a drinker, though... And if you could witness my antics from the 1-2 times that I have been truly plastered, I think you'd agree with me that that's a good thing! Hehe.
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:13 AM   #15  
Running Fiend.

S/C/G: 210/165/145

Height: 5'7.5"

I go for a vodka and soda with some lime. My housemates and I go out quite frequently, so I usually save the drinking for a special occasion and try to allot calories for it. Because I just have to count the vodka I leave a certain number of calories and figure out how many drinks I can have on that.

It doesn't always work, but I usually leave a significant amount of calories and if I go over its only by a drink or two (which is about 200 or 300 calories). In the grand scheme of things it's not the end of the world as long as I don't do it a lot.
rockstar87 is offline   Reply With Quote