Old 09-15-2008, 09:19 AM   #1  
Gone, baby, gone

S/C/G: 274/212.6/134

Height: 5'1"

Red face How Embarrassing!

So, this weekend was my sister's wedding to the most wonderful man in the world. And of course, I was a bridesmaid. So, the processional goes without a hitch and I'm standing with all the other bridesmaids, behind my sister. When all of a sudden, things start....feeling weird. I lean over to my other sister, tell her that I think I'm going to faint. And then I did. Right in the middle of the ring ceremony.

I'm not sure what was more embarrassing - the fact that I actually fainted in the middle of the ceremony, the fact that the photographer filmed it, or that my bra was hanging out for the second half of the ceremony after they got me installed on a chair.

As of now, I'm fine - I only hurt my pride. And the JP (who is also our cousin) is a doctor, so he knew what to do. And my sister and brother-in-law thought it was pretty funny. (They're strange!) It was still a bit embarrassing...

Has anything embarrassing happened to any of you at a wedding or similar event?
staja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 09:55 AM   #2  

Height: 5'1"

I've seen it a few times. usually comes from standing in one place for too long. Glad only your pride was hurt!
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 11:59 AM   #3  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

I'm glad your'e ok! that's great that your sister and her husband had such a good sense of humor about it. Was it really hot?

At my wedding a couple of weeks ago, they forgot to put in the side aisle. We were married in a courtyard and the processional approached from the front of the audience and then wrapped around behind it to proceed down the "official" aisle. Well, the hotel neglected to leave space at the "wrap-around" point and the party had to cut through where people were sitting, single file- not to mention, I had to drag my dress through the dirt and a shrub! I laughed, though. I just remember squeezing by my friends who were in that row and everyone is just sort of at a loss. In the pictures, you can see all the women in that row with terrified looks on their faces and all of them are bent down trying to free the leaves off my dress.

What are ya gonna do? To be honest, the pictures of that particular moment are actually really great and I'm glad the moment was captured. It sort of loosened everyone up.

Last edited by junebug41; 09-15-2008 at 11:59 AM.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 12:17 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

When I was little I was a flower girl in a wedding. We'll I'm not sure if it was the stomach flu or nerves or both but..... I threw up on the bride in the middle of the ceremony! She removed her train and they finished the wedding.

When a family friend got married they told the ring berrer that the rings were very important and he was not to let anyone have them. They forgot that 3 year olds were very literal. When the pastor asked for the rings the ring berrer yelled "NOOOO" at the top of his lungs and took off up the ailse at a run. The groom had to buy the rings back from the ringer berrer. So there was this lull in ceremony where the pastor is trying to figure out what to talk about and everyone is kinda of unsure about what to do. It was hilarious!
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 12:24 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

I photographed a wedding where the ring bearer walked down the aisle growling and making faces at people. After the ceremony the bride and groom asked him why he was growling and he said, very proudly, that he was being the RING BEAR!!!!

I photographed another wedding one time where the groom and his guys had gone and played golf that morning and gotten pretty sunburned. During the middle of the ceremony, one of the groomsmen just fell over - CRASH. He must've gotten overheated and locked his knees or something. He came too almost immediately and they had him sit in the front pew the rest of the ceremony. We made a huge joke of it and they have a photo in their album of everyone holding up the *groomsman* instead of the groom.

Another wedding, the flower girl apparently suffered an attack of nerves and had to pee. Through the first half of the ceremony, she was wiggling back and forth and then right in the middle of a quiet part, she "whispers" (in that 4 year old whisper voice) "MOMMY! I HAVE TO PEE!!!!!!" The whole church cracked up.

Let's see ... another one, the ring bearer picked his nose through the whole ceremony.

I have tons of stories.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 12:27 PM   #6  
BlockHead =)

I kissed my husband in the middle of our wedding ceremony. We had written our own vows and he was saying his to me and I honestly don't remember now (14 years later) what he said, but at the time it was just so sweet I couldn't help myself so I leaned in and smooched him. Of course 1/2 an hour before that I was hyperventilating and met one of his favorite great aunts for the first time when she brought me a paper bag to breath into (I had looked outside and seen that there were over 200 people out there and kinda freaked out).

At my brother's wedding he stepped on his bride's train as she was descending the steps from the dais? and her head doinked back. Those funny moments make a wedding memorable. I'm glad you are ok though!
jeniansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 12:30 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

2 months after I started dating my husband, he took me to a Motley Crue concert. I was on medication for a bad wisdom tooth, and I had forgotten to eat much that day. Well, I tell you. We were in the 20th row, on the floor. The air was full of excitement, and , uh, thick with 'magical' smoke, you know? About halfway through, I started to think, hmm, maybe there's not enough air for all these people. Oxygen rises, right? I started to not feel very well. I wanted some fresh air, but I knew if I left the building, I wouldn't be allowed back in. Oh, Lord Jesus.
I had a Panic Attack. Then-Boyfriend took me up the stairs, I sat by the door and tried to breath in some fresh breezes. I tried to shoo him back to the music, but he wouldn't go without me. He kept trying to take care of me. Eventually, I let him convince me that I'd be okay inside again, and I followed him back in, all the while feeling like I was walking into a fire. TERROR!!
Hubs loves the Crue, so I tried really hard to talk myself out of it, but eventually, we did leave about 20 minutes before the concert ended. I panicked again when we got into the train, and leapt out of it before the doors locked. I walked around the city, poor NEW boyfriend trying to take care of me. He bought me coffee, and pizza, but all I could do was walk. I even told him to go home. I said we could be broken up now if he wanted because I was such a freak, and he deserved a normal girl. I was VERY upset, crying, muttering. I said it was nice to date him, he was a super guy, but really? You can go now. I'll drop off your CDs tomorrow while you're at work, and you'll never have to see me again. I'm SO SORRY!!

Eventually, we got into a cab and went back to my place, where he tried to make me comfortable, and I kept trying to break up with him.

I have had a few mini-panics since, but never as bad. And at my wedding to this Wonderful Man 2 weeks ago, I took one tiny atavan (sp?) for just-in-case, and I was fine.

There ends the tale of the Motley Crue Incident. And you know what? He never made me feel bad about it. I love that man of mine.

Last edited by Kofarq; 09-15-2008 at 12:41 PM.
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 12:54 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
At my brother's wedding he stepped on his bride's train as she was descending the steps from the dais? and her head doinked back.
Oh I had one of these last year! The bride was wearing a cathedral length train and the door to the chapel closed on it as she and her dad were walking down the aisle. Luckily they had a good sense of humor about it and they both laughed.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 01:01 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

I was just asking around the office and one of the women here told me about her wedding. The bridesmaids were in light blue cotton dresses... it was pouring raining and the maid of honour's dress was see through by the time they got to the church. She was so concerend about making sure her hair and make-up didn't get ruined that she wound up getting her dress wet. They had to borrow a shall from one of the guests so that the MOH didn't show any nipple action to the guests.

Another woman's husband forgot his name when it came time to say I "john smith" take you... he kept saying "I uhhh, I uhhh" one of the groomsmen had to tell the groom what his own name was!

Last edited by shantroy; 09-15-2008 at 01:02 PM.
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 01:16 PM   #10  
Gettin' married 9/20/09!

S/C/G: 195/???/125

Height: 5'4.5"

I fainted at least every year in middle school/high school! Always in front of a billion people, always embarrassing! It was either really hot, or I didnt eat enough, or I had low hemoglobin levels, or I had my hair dyed (fainted in chair getting my hair died too)... haven't done it in years thank God!
JulieRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 01:33 PM   #11  
Doing it for my future!!!

S/C/G: 280/278/145

Height: 5'5"

I've never heard of a wedding going perfectly. Actually I think those moments like that is what makes them memorable. As long as the bride and groom find humor in whatever doesn't go according to planned, then I say all is fine.
OptimistK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 06:00 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

I've heard of it because of out door wedding with too much heat. I'm glad that you are ok and only your pride was hurt.

On a side note I get dizzy a lot when I stand up and almost fall, I think it is my blood pressure has trouble re-adjusting when I stand up. So it might be something like that.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 12:08 AM   #13  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

About a decade ago, I was bridesmaid at a wedding where I was the only single woman when it came to the throwing of the bouquet. It exploded when I caught it. Flowers everywhere.

I'm 36. Never married.
Ufi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 04:00 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 168/144.8/115

Height: 4'11''

Not embarrassing or anything, but it was pretty funny at the time!

We had a ceremony on Kauai but we had already been married for a few months. A judge read some vows for us but it wasn't "real". We exchanged rings, etc. Well we are standing there facing each other and I noticed that my husband had a lone nose hair sort of sticking out of his nostril. I kept staring at it, and he was sort of twitching because he could feel the hair. I didn't listen to a word the judge said and it took everything I had not to start laughing hysterically. Good thing I got a nice picture frame of our vows, because I couldn't remember one word!

Last edited by kamesennin; 09-16-2008 at 04:01 AM.
kamesennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 07:49 AM   #15  

Height: 5'9"

Awwwww. I hate embarrasing moments. Just think, it's a good memory! In 20 years you will all look back and laugh lol.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote