Old 09-10-2008, 12:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 216/213/170

Height: 5'8

Default Tips to Help me stop eating sweets

Are there any suggestions on what is good to add to a diet when you enjoy eat sweet? this has been very hard for me, I stopped drinking soda but this Is tuff!!!!
diamondigrl01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 12:56 PM   #2  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

Eating sugar is a self perpetuating circle. You eat it and it makes you crave more. Try cutting sugar out of your diet for a week and see if that helps stop or diminish the cravings. Don't subsitute artificial sweeteners, they just make the problem worse.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 12:57 PM   #3  
Proud Marine Wife

S/C/G: 201.5/199/150

Height: 5'7"

I like a 100 calorie cookie pack once in a while, or I eat sugar free jello or pudding. Also, I can't get enough crystal light. I also eat tons of yogurt...it's good for me and another sweet that's creamy so it's almost more satisfying.
TracyFAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 12:58 PM   #4  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

I was going to suggest sugar free chocolate pudding! mmmmm, my fav!
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 12:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/155

Hi diamondigrl, I love WW's single serving ice creams. They are better than most high calorie, sugar ice creams I've ever had. Plus, you can only buy them in 2 individual servings. So even if you have a bad day and eat both, you haven't done huge damange. The same with WW candies. The turtles are out of this world.
beachluvr79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 01:00 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 129/see ticker/110

Height: 5'1"

Ghost is right, the more sweets you eat the more you crave them. When you crave something sweet try reaching for berries or some other fruit.
Taurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 01:00 PM   #7  
Proud Marine Wife

S/C/G: 201.5/199/150

Yeah, and the new pudding singles mixes are great.

I don't see trying to stop eating sweets completely. If you want it, have it, just have a healthier version. Cutting it out is just asking for a MAJOR binge on it later.

Last edited by TracyFAdams; 09-10-2008 at 01:01 PM.
TracyFAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 01:09 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

I also do a lot better if I have dessert only once a week. I can have something really scrumptious (*not* a diet dessert) in a smallish portion, and not be wanting something sweet all week (well, something sweet always sounds good, but I don't have trouble) because I'm not accustomed to it. However, I do find that a small square of dark chocolate, even if on a few days during the week, doesn't throw me off track. But if I were having some junky sweet thing every day, I would start craving it and wanting more and more.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 01:35 PM   #9  

Height: 5'3"

Every saturday night I allow myself a cheat meal, including dessert. This really helps me through the week because when I'm tempted by something.. I know that Saturday is coming and I will have whatever I may feel like that night.

100 cal packs are great occasionally. They make some really yummy ones. FF SF pudding with a little cool whip.. mmm.
Nevaeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 02:05 PM   #10  
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

try plain yogurt with real sweet fruit, and mix them together.
some fruit like, melon, strawberry, berry, etc... ^-^
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 03:39 PM   #11  
Colleen

S/C/G: 155/131/120

Height: 5'1"

There's a really great yogurt made by Breyer's called YoCrunch that comes with it's own mix-ins like Oreo bits and Reese's Pieces, tiny M&Ms and Butterfinger bits. They calm my sweet craving and they're not as bad for you as eating the real thing since there's all that yogurt in there to keep it somewhat healthy. I find it to be a pretty decent solution. They run from about 190-220 calories per container.
SavingServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 03:57 PM   #12  

how about the yogurt parfaits from McDonald's? those are really good too.. and you can grab yourself a large ice water while you are there.. that has been my saver lately... I LOVE SWEETS!!!! That is why I am on HERE!!!
Almost40ohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 04:31 PM   #13  
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

have you ever eaten ice yogurt ? i mean, you put yogurt into fridge and keep it at a temperature that can make it hard like ice ? It's awesome.
Also, you can freeze fruit (don't make them too hard, but just lil harder than normal temperature in fridge), and mix it with milk and smoothed ice ? It tastes good too Hope it helps ^-^
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 07:09 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

Default No clue...

I have possibly the worst sweet tooth in the world and like people who try to quit smoking, I turn into a complete grump without sweets and I can't substitute for fruit and pudding and whatnot like a lot of the women here. Pillars of resolution!!! I wish I had that kind of willpower, but I don't so I don't take it out of my diet.

I still eat them, but I make sure they're super rich so I can be perfectly happy with a little tiny portion. I have Creme Brulee, tira misu, assorted kinds of cheesecakes, chocolate lava cake, carrot cake, and coconut cake in my freezer. I reduce the full size recipes to a 1/4 and I make multiple little single-serve portions in three inch tall shot glasses. The glass is usually fine up to 400 degree heat (I bake the batter in them), just don't get the ones with decorations or anything. I can eat it with a spoon after dinner and be perfectly satisfied. I think they average about 90-150 cals a shot glass with frosting and cookie crust, or a spoonful of ice cream. They make up about 1/4 of an actual real sized slice of a cake.

It's probably not the best idea, but it works for me. I need my sweets like a crackhead needs ... well, crack I guess.
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 07:19 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NishKitten View Post
I have Creme Brulee, tira misu, assorted kinds of cheesecakes, chocolate lava cake, carrot cake, and coconut cake in my freezer. I reduce the full size recipes to a 1/4 and I make multiple little single-serve portions in three inch tall shot glasses. ...
It's probably not the best idea, but it works for me. I need my sweets like a crackhead needs ... well, crack I guess.
I think it's an ingenious solution if it works for you. Shot glasses ... who knew?
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote