Old 09-10-2008, 11:17 AM   #31  

Height: 5' 8"

I'm not a 20 something but can I play too?

I sprained my ankle over the weekend (um, trying to do stuff I used to do when I was a 20 something ). My company is moving halfway across the country and I'm not going. I'll be out of a job by Thanksgiving but I can't go on interviews until my ankle gets better because my foot won't fit into any of my good shoes. argh!
yoyonomoreinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 02:29 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

Default Well...

It's been really nice outdoors lately so i've been leaving the windows open. One of the upstairs screens has a hole in it and I patched it with super glue and mesh until I can buy a new one.

Somehow a lizard my have gotten in through it because this morning I woke up to a weird fishy smell, and the sweet mewing, gentle headbutts and purring from one of my cats. When I opened my eyes he had blood on his face and paws and there was half the mangled remains of a skink laid on my chest. The rest of it had been disemboweled on the end of my bed and the giblets were being picked at and nibbled gingerly by my other cat. The head had obviously been a snack for one of the felines because it was nowhere to be found and the top of the mangled part looked chewed.

The fact that they caught and ate a lizard and left it on my chest does not bother me. They were being sweet and bringing me breakfast in bed.

What DOES bother me is that they decided to rip it to shreds on my snow white, silk and cashmere blend comforter!!!!!!!!!! Wtf cats, you couldn't have done that one the floor where I could steam clean it!?!??!?!?!

Now I have to take it to be cleaned professionally. It's king sized so I know it's going to be ridiculously expensive.
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 03:08 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

My husband who is deployed hasn't e-mailed me since Saturday night and I'm going bonkers not being able to hear from him. I'm stressed out and I just feel so down that I don't want to go anywhere.

I can't figure anything out about my health insurance and I need to have some moles checked out and I need to get some cavaties taken care of but I have no idea who to talk to about that. My health insurance is through the military and it's so confusing, and I'm not even on base because I moved back home while he deployed!

Baahh!

Oh well. I'm going camping at the beach tomorrow night so hopefully I'll be able to let that stress go and start fresh on Saturday.
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 03:15 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 260.7/153/130

Height: Almost 5 foot 6

*whine whine whinge whinge*

* The boy and I have a bit of a thing going; he gets sent out to afghanistan again at the weekend... bah!
* The bruise/blood blister I got under my big toenail two months ago (!!) is taking forever to grow out.. the doctor said be patient and that they're fragile little things
* Some woman on the phone today (I work answering phones/doing admin) was highly obnoxious and offensive
* I get home from highly obnoxious/offensive woman and get it in the neck from my mother for not being all talkative and happy
* Why is it when you're offplan time seems to go really quickly (woah I've been eating junk for like three weeks!) vs the onplan (as I am at the moment) (woah... only been three days?)

*whinge whinge whine whine*

Feel better now
denialisnthappiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 03:16 PM   #35  
Proud Marine Wife

S/C/G: 201.5/199/150

Height: 5'7"

I know the feeling, Melissa. It's like "yeah, you're deployed and busy and doing whatever...but you know what? I'm going nuts waiting for you to call, jerkwad!" My husband does it to me. Do you have tricare?
TracyFAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 03:59 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyFAdams View Post
I know the feeling, Melissa. It's like "yeah, you're deployed and busy and doing whatever...but you know what? I'm going nuts waiting for you to call, jerkwad!" My husband does it to me. Do you have tricare?
Yes ma'am. And I don't understand it one bit.

My husband is a Marine, too. This is his first time deploying and he's on a MEU, so I guess there's only 1 phone and like... 15 computers for all of the guys on the ship. :[
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 04:23 PM   #37  
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

i just want to rant ... and rant again...
yesterday was terrible. My bf has a very bad habit of sleeping that when he sleeps, no one can wake him up. Honestly. And even if we have appointment to go, when he sleeps, it's just impossible to wake him up. And yesterday was one of the day. I waited for him 5 hours to wake up, but nothing. And obviously we can't do what we wanted to do and go.
And then i have to deal with some stupid online people. They keep complaining that i have to do this and do that for FREE, FOR THEM. Well, i can do what i like, and WHEN I WANT TO. Who the **** they are that keep complaining that i have to do this and that, and it's free, it's volunteer, why i have to make myself work like crazy ? it doesn't even have a deadline. If they can't wait, they can go and do it themselves. Gosh. I was calmed and told them reasons, but what they gave me was "why are you fighting with us?" . I just wanted to yell at them that all this time i've been trying really calm and say reasons for you, don't you understand it. It's just so annoying sometimes.

oh well, rant over. >.<" I hope today is better day. I'm so stressed atm as well. I haven't slept enough at all (3 hours perday in a whole week). It's getting abit serious.
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 05:18 PM   #38  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

My ears still hurt. So i cant work out, and i cant go to training, which really sucks because i can only go when its the uni holidays and the holidays are nearly over and ive wasted half being sick > And i dont want to eat, because my ears crackle and hurt when i swallow. But im hungry
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 06:35 PM   #39  
Proud Marine Wife

Hearty soup...it will help open your ears to drain down and you don't have to chew as much.

I DESPISE rude people in grocery stores. When I go shopping, I go to buy food, and sometimes it's to relax...yes, grocery shopping is relaxing and I find it fun. But when I go, I don't want to hear you argue with your husband, talk crap about products that aren't convenient enough for you (no lie, this woman looks at a packet of sauce mix for honey mustard chicken and says "well you should just call it mustard if you have to add honey!" and puts it back) while you block the isle with your enormous two kid stroller while one screams. Nor do I want to have to watch out for your toddler kid because you let it out of the stroller and it starts running around, sometimes right in front of my cart because believe me, I will not stop. It's cruel to say, but your kid will be tapped by my cart if you allow it to run wild in front of me. I shouldn't have to wait 5 minutes for you to stop complaining about sauces when all I want is a freakin can of tomato paste your ENTIRE family is blocking. They invented child leashes, seatbelts in strollers and carts and spankings for a reason.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:08 PM   #40  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

oooh thats a good idea!
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 07:27 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 230/219/155

Mine's kind of on the lesser end of the scale of problems..but I just started kinda dating someone..and once again, my insecurities and anxieties are ruining it before it has a chance to develop. I am constantly overanalyzing and overthinking, and it's making me feel crappy...I wish i could shake the feeling, but it's hard not to punish him for every past guy's mistakes. Working out has been the only thing that allows me to get the excess energy out..so at least i have that to throw myself into. Ugh. Sometimes, I wish I were normal...

Last edited by Mango683; 09-10-2008 at 07:28 PM.
Mango683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:07 PM   #42  
Proud Marine Wife

I hate the side cramp that starts about a quarter of the way into a long walk that doesn't go away until you completely stop...I did the arm up stretch thing, the deep brining, nothing worked. I just walked through the pain.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:14 PM   #43  
I will do this.

I am going to get my period on sunday (I am on the pill) and my TA-TAS hurt, I am bloated and really tired. OH, and I feel really really FAT.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:18 PM   #44  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

I have gained 8 pounds since the week of my wedding. AGHHHH! And I'm a bloated mess.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 12:20 AM   #45  
Yarp.

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I wrote for six hours today and only managed to produce two pages. I hate grad school. I need to get out of here.
UrsusMaritimus is offline   Reply With Quote