Old 09-01-2008, 11:40 AM   #1  
clean eating chick

Height: 5'8

Default Weekly Chat Sept 1-7

Is everyone away on labour day vacations? I wanna chat!

I'm doing a HUGE clean today! My fiance has been living with me this summer (he's a teacher in another town) and I'm so happy to have gotten all this stuff out of my small 1 bedroom apartment! HA! I sound so mean- I miss him but won't miss his stuff! He took my cat with him for a mini-vacation (his apartment is her all-inclusive resort, complete with a lovely window ledge to sit on and watch the cars) so I get to clean up ALL HER HAIR! Yes, I realize I'm sad for being excited by this.

I'm also cooking some Cuban beans- who knows how authentic the recipe is (not me, since I live in Canada) but it's really healthy and full of veggies. I squeezed some lime on the rice too and it tastes so yummy.

I'd better go to the gym later (luckily mine is open) to get started on my Sept fitness challenge. Hope everyone is having a productive (or lazy) labour day!

Last edited by yesitsmeagain; 09-01-2008 at 11:44 AM.
yesitsmeagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 11:53 AM   #2  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

was the first day back at school today for many of the teachers....
i had three tell me i have lost a lot of weight....
one of which told me as soon as i set foot out of my car this morning....
wot a lovely thing to hear first thing on a monday morning....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 01:27 PM   #3  
I will do this.

I have a bbq to go to tonight at my dads. I logged my breakfast/lunch/and snack into dailyplate.com and I still have 933 calories left today. I know I want to be able to have a glass of wine and some ribs with my family. I know I can play it save if I stick to 2 glasses of wine, a little bit of ribs, salad (which I am bringing) and fruit. That should just about keep me in my calories!
I won't eat any ice cream and stuff, I will make sure and leave one of my glasses of wine until after dinner so I can drink on that while people eat their cake! I probably will splurge and have a diet coke but that's a lot better than chocolate cake!

I hope everyone has a great labor day and I am sending you all some I need some too!
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 02:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

Taylor it sounds like you have a great plan for today!! It's not about denying yourself...it's about modifying!

Congrats, sh3l5!! That's great validation!

No big plans for me today -- Labor Day has never been a big one for my family or anything, so I don't even really feel like I'm missing out on celebrations. I AM SOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY, however, that I'm not moving today!! Since I live in the city, there are THOUSANDS of people moving, and it just reminds me of what **** it is!! I'm happy not being part of that madness!!
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 02:13 PM   #5  
I will do this.

arts It is about moderation! If I wanted a piece of chocolate cake - I would just not have wine and eat some bbq chicken breast....but alas I love my wine and I want some ribs! So, it's kinda like give and take! However, if we were talking like...chocolate ICE CREAM cake...or cheesecake....we might be having a different conversation. Also, just TON of people are moving out/in to my apartment complex this week, so you are totally lucky not to moving this week. I saw some guys with a drum kit and I was PRAYING they weren't going to move next door to me, and they didn't - thank goodness. Instead I got this nice lady with 2 cats....I was so happy.

Last edited by Taylor86; 09-01-2008 at 02:25 PM.
Old 09-01-2008, 03:24 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 228/158/148

Height: 5'6"

I'm just continuing the lazy weekend. Usually my car club wants to get together and do something on holidays but they all just got back from TN and those guys are more indecisive than most girls I know haha.

I am super proud of myself. The BF wanted Subway for lunch and I agreed but get this... I got a SALAD. WOW!! Never had one before bc I love their bread but I think I accomplished something. Also got on the scale this morning after starting healthy eating last week and I am down 8 lbs. Woohoo. Been a pretty good day. Hope you girlies are enjoying it.
mojolove05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 03:43 PM   #7  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Down 8 lbs? Wow what are you doing that I'm not, haha? Well done

I'm having a really difficult week and it's only Monday *sigh* hope things get better from here...
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 03:54 PM   #8  
I will do this.

Seriously! down 8 pounds! That's awesome!

spotz I hope your week gets better
Old 09-01-2008, 04:00 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 228/158/148

Height: 5'6"

That 8lbs just shows how much crap I normally eat. I didn't have any carbs or any cokes (diet or otherwise) this week. I'll most likely start losing 1-2 lbs a week now. But thank goodness I always have those big losses the first week so it keeps my motivation.

Spoz I hope things look up for you.
mojolove05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 04:01 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 150/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7''

Well, I am a teacher and back tomorrow (Canada). School will help me keep my routine of working out. Food has been good but the exercising , well, not so much Planning on hitting spin class on Wednesday for the first time in a couple months. I 'll let you know how that goes, if I'm still alive.
Down 4 lbs. these two past weeks with little eexercise, so let's see what some sweat does for the scale.
I have a pizza coming to the house for hubby and brother, trying to avoid it!!!! wish me luck

Spoz: whats up?
i am still trying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 04:02 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

unfortunately my gym *is* closed today... I feel like that's a bad start to the month! at least I have no major festivities planned to side-track me. I'm all alone and I think I'll have a veggie-dog for dinner. Safe and easy!

Good luck to everyone who has picnics and celebrations to go to! Enjoy with moderation. =)

I binged horribly the past two days and woke up with the worst headache... definitely what I have come to know as a "food hangover." Yuck!! So far today has been all right. It's worst when I'm alone, though, which I have been all weekend.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 04:38 PM   #12  
Colleen

S/C/G: 155/131/120

Height: 5'1"

Good luck to all the teachers at the start of the new school year!

Here in St. Paul the RNC is ridiculous. I went by the protest this morning and on my way there saw 15-20 cops chasing 5 unarmed guys out of a "secure area" and then get into their little riot/barrier formation (even though no one else was around who looked like they cared or wanted to get in). It's all a little crazy.

Also we have the political cartoonist for the Economist staying at our house so that's been interesting. He showed us his sketches from the DNC last night, but today apparently he's going to the State Fair because they're not doing anything at the RNC.
SavingServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 05:03 PM   #13  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

it must suck to have your gym closed, especially on holidays when you have more time than usual to work out! I dont think mine closes except on Christmas Day, New Years Day, and maybe easter. They're so hard core

Spoz: i hope your week gets better it sucks when the week gets off to a bad start, but i find those weeks usually end on a higher note

Its so strange for me to hear about teachers going back for the new school year my parents are both in schools and they are in term 3! Lol the new year starts for us in January

New day for me after my slip up yesterday! I've planned my snacks and lunch and i am going to be fine fine fine
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 06:24 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 230/219/155

Height: 5'7"

My gym is closed today, too:-( I know it's a holiday, buuut it also messes up my routine and I'm going out of town on business tomorrow and the hotel doesn't have a pool or fitness center (and it's a Doubletree- what's up with that!??!) so I'm rising at 5:30 to pump iron before I hit the road. I have to- I'm determined and I'm not going to let some holiday get in my way!

I also went to the pool today for the very last time this season, which makes me enormously sad. I hate how labor day weekend is the complete official end of summer and winter is just around the corner. There goes my tan and outdoor activeness!

I hope everyone had a great weekend and here's to a GREAT September!! (yikes! where is 2008 going!??!)
Mango683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 09:22 PM   #15  
*insert inspiration here*

S/C/G: 286/185/130

I have been totally and completely BAD this weekend, but I don't feel guilty. I've had one of those 'do nothing and love it' weekends. School is out, and I was off work and I did all of my socializing on the first couple of days. So that last 2 and a half days, I've been chilling around the house, catching up on my TIVOed lifetime moves and reading some historical romance and editing some of my writing. I didn't work out once, but I didn't pig out either, pretty much sticking to salads so I didn't feel to bad. The scale has gone up but I'm not in panic mode. I'm shrugging...I just needed a couple of days when my life didn't revolve around what I eat and how much I work out. And it was beautiful.

So during some self exploration; I told my friend that I'm mostly attracted to bad guys who ooze sex and she was like "Why?" I was like, "Because they are bad guys who OOZE sex. duh!" Unfortunately, there seems to be a crop of good respectable guys moving in around my neighborhood that I keep running into at the gas station--the place where I get talked to the most. Nice guys are cool, but I can be a serious beeyotch (I know, can you believe it? ;-)) and I'm kind of scared I would walk all over a nice guy.
caligirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote