Old 09-04-2008, 03:06 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

taylor, i play w/ the wax too... i can never resist. =)

i also love luna bars, they are a great breakfast for me to grab when I am running short on time.

caligirl, I am with you - today i WILL be exercising!! I've been making excuses all week, but it's time to step back up to the plate.

quiddkidd, happy birthday and congrats on reaching your bday goal!

also, i agree on giving MAJOR props to those who exercise in the AM. My roommate got up at 5:30 this morning and went running. Don't know how y'all do it... it's a struggle for me to get up at 7:30 and be coherent for class or work!
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 03:13 PM   #92  
I will do this.

Kelly!!! So glad you joined us! Yes, if you get babybel LIGHT they are reduced fat and calorie and really, really yummy. They are a great addition to a healthy lunch to take to school - that's what I do! I don't know why "cute" things always cost so much money....I think 100 calorie packs are expensive but sure take the guess work out of things! What kind of plan are you doing? Calorie counting? South Beach? Getting any workouts in?

cookie I hope to stay within my calories this weekend, too. It has only been 3 days since labor day and my dads birthday party is on sunday...eeek!

kidd Great job on making that weight-loss goal!!! Yay! And staying away from those cupcakes! I couldn't do that!!

arts If you don't like the babybel cheddar, try the original. Did you get some of those 100 calorie english muffins?

Here we go I hate early mornings! I don't know how you do it! And yay for that 1/2 a pound gone!!!

Irish Oh, I know! I can't bring them with me to class anymore because my attention span isn't what is should be and I end up playing with a little ball of wax for an hour.

Last edited by Taylor86; 09-04-2008 at 03:14 PM.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 03:20 PM   #93  
Token Short Girl

Hi Taylor, and thanks! Hmmm...maybe I'll get brave and try out some light Babybels...as for a plan, right now it's just improved eating habits, fat reduction, and once I get to school I will be working out and participating in intramural soccer and possibly flag football
kellyfoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 03:53 PM   #94  

Thanks, Taylor, for the english muffin/laughing cow/turkey sandwich idea!! I don't have any turkey but I toasted a 100cal english muffin and spread laughing cow on it and it was FABULOUS. Kinda like cream cheese -- how decadent!!

I must say, I cannot believe you put HALF a laughing cow cheese on it. You must have waaay more restraint than me. ANyoo, thanks for the fabulous new snack!!!
Transformer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:48 PM   #95  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

I heart laughing cow! I've never tried babybel, I don't think they sell it around here. My fav snack to take along is the luna tea cakes, I found them on drugstore.com. They are great, whole grain so they fill you up and it lasts and the palmagranite is the bestest ever!
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:54 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 150/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesitsmeagain View Post
HA! That's excellent advice. Maybe I will try a spin class one of these days...
(stupid spin question- do you alternate between sitting on the bike seat and standing up on the pedals? and going different speeds/tensions? is that the jist of it?)
Yesitsmeagain- Usually, in the classes I have been to the instructor tells you when you are 'racing' 'climbing' (seated climb or standing climb), 'powering', or riding easy. The moves are co-ordinated wit hte music like in an aerobics class. I go to Goodlife and i see you are also in Canada. All Goodlifes use the same programs and change them every 6 weeks i think Give it a try.

I love eating Cheese strings. They are only 60 calories each. Babybell Swiss is good too, anyone tried it? I was supposed to go to the gym today but am zonked. i guess that I will do a walk over to a friends house instead.
i have a work get-together tomorrow at Boston Pizza- YIKES. Trying to plan for that one...

Last edited by i am still trying; 09-04-2008 at 05:00 PM.
i am still trying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 05:06 PM   #97  
pretty.nerd.girl.

S/C/G: 9999999

Yesterday's weighin: 164
Today's weighin: 162

40 minutes of taebo today. I also want to get in a nice long, 2ish hours of walking tonight but we'll see.. I really want to be in the 150s soon. That would be GLORIOUS.. I cant wait to post in Mini-Goals whenever I LOSE 25 pounds. That will be the day! 10 pounds down, 15ish pounds to go!

Last edited by Tamara; 09-04-2008 at 08:16 PM.
Tamara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 05:09 PM   #98  

Good for you! 25 pounds is amazing! did you take pictuers of you before? I didn't but am planning to soon. Just for me to see the hard work, you know.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:24 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 176

Height: 5"7

Hey everyone i am back at school and so proud of myself for getting good food...i had whole wheat pancakes, pasta and rice and amazing salads...hopefully i see some results soon...i just have a sweet tooth that i need to get under control and i think that i will take counseling throughout this process for added support!! Hope all is well..
startingnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:45 PM   #100  
I will do this.

transfomer I only use 1/2 because I use the other 1/2 on my toast for breakfast so I just slip the calories between the two. I am always looking for good snack ideas so let me know if you have any!
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:48 PM   #101  

Good snack ides:
if you like smoked salmon, you'll love this. 2 Wasa crackers, 2 pieces smaked salmon, 2 tsp light cream cheese. Makes two little snacks. I love this one
Old 09-04-2008, 07:11 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

I am: sounds good.

Taylor: I do it begrudgingly. Thanks for the props.

I have such a headache! I ate a burrito for lunch and it could be the flour tortilla, but I'm not feeling good! I think I'm still going to work out tonight. day 3 in a row baby! I'm so glad tomorrow is Friday and that my boss is leaving at noon tomorrow. It makes me happy.

I need to find a good cheap multi vitamin that really works. Does anyone have suggestions?
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 07:34 PM   #103  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
2 pieces smaked salmon
um...I bet theres an animal rights group forming as we speak to protest this cruel preperation of salmon. Imagine, smacking a salmon just so you can eat it! J/K
smoked salmon is one of my favs. I also like smoked oysters in oil (shhh, don't tell anyone) and anchovies.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 07:36 PM   #104  

haha, i'm the worst typer.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:50 PM   #105  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost View Post
um...I bet theres an animal rights group forming as we speak to protest this cruel preperation of salmon. Imagine, smacking a salmon just so you can eat it! J/K
smoked salmon is one of my favs. I also like smoked oysters in oil (shhh, don't tell anyone) and anchovies.
smack your salmon up!
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote