Old 08-30-2008, 01:10 PM   #1  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

Default lose weight by drinking tea?!

<--linkosuction-->

found the above link and thought id take a look....
surely a system such as this cant actually work?!....
maybe it makes u think its working and in actual fact it is the diet?....
i duno, what you guys think?....
another fad?....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 01:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/188/150

Height: 5'9"

Sounds like another gimmick to me...but honestly, how tempting is it???

I have read studies that examine the relationship of green tea on metabolism. Apparently, green tea contains something that helps increase calorie-burning (although it's not a significant amount) after drinking. I drink green tea because it has lots of healthy antioxidants and it tastes really good, especially with a splenda in it! As far as all the other stuff...not really sure if it actually DOES increase metabolism, but it can't hurt, right???

Anything that sounds too easy usually is Unfortunately!
cjb0arder13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 01:30 PM   #3  
I will do this.

I saw this thing for something called the miracle noodle...with no carbs, calories or anything....I thought to myself...YEAH RIGHT
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 01:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Some things can make you lose weight, I lose when I eat pineapple in the evening. (unfortunately it burns in my mouth) The thing is that most of those things shouldn't be bought expensive, green tea can help (a little bit) but you can buy it cheaply everywhere.

You certainly can't get the body you always wanted with tea, not with any diet without excercise. So they aren't telling the truth.

Also it says:
'*Results not typical. Individual results will vary. All individuals used Wu-Yi Tea with the Wu-Yi System diet and exercise plan. Individuals won $1000 for their testimonial. '

Last edited by Quillie; 08-30-2008 at 01:41 PM.
Quillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 04:26 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 227/170/130

Height: 5'2

I am currently reading The Ultimate Tea Diet.......it's basically eating healthy and exercising and drinking pure tea all day. There are 3 ingredients in true tea that are supposed to aid in weight loss. I like hot tea and have been drinking about 10 cups of black, green and white tea for the past 4 days. I see a difference in my hunger level. I'm doing WW and exercise every day so regardless of the tea I am going to see results. I thought I would just throw this extra compontent of drinking tea into the mix. I also love that it has antioxidants.
JazzyNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 05:00 PM   #6  
it's always something

The only real study done (published, peer reviewed) showed that if you drink 4 cups of tea every day, you can lose up to 8 pounds over the course of a whole year. The truth isn't as impressive as the marketing

The Wu-Yi tea is the same thing as regular oolong tea, it's just another word for it. There are plenty of legitimate tea companies that sell this type of tea at regular prices, without the hefty markup that comes with the claims.

Personally, I find that drinking tea is soothing and satisfies my cravings for comfort, so I'm less likely to reach for something with calories. I think that's the best way tea can be used to help weight control. That's just my personal opinion
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote