Old 08-28-2008, 12:00 AM   #1  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Default Okay, so we're all 20-somethings... but what DIETS are you girls individually doing?

I happen to be on the South Beach plan, which is more of a lifestyle change than a diet. It's definitely not a fad diet and it is a great way to eat, although it certainly takes some getting used to. I have made some serious flubs along the way but I am losing, although not as quickly as I would idealistically like to, but losing and progressively so, for the most part, and I couldn't be happier.

This is something that I can actually do and it is working for me. I understand that what works for me won't necessarily work for the next girl. I'm not here to pass judgment! I'm just interested and thought we could all discuss what we're doing and what you feel are the pros and cons of it, and are you seeing results? Are you feeling better, more healthier?

So, what sort of diets are you doing?
Fat Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 12:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 259/259/175

Height: 5'11"

This is the first time after all these years that I'm NOT following a diet. I could never keep up with them. I'm focusing on whole/natural foods while staying within my calorie range. Eating to live not living to eat. And of course, more exercise.

Results, so far in 2 weeks of focusing on eating habits (not much cardio) I lost 3 lbs. I also [I]feel[I] better. Less headaches, more clarity and energy.

I think so far it's going well! I'll keep ya posted in the future if it's still working
dkneec19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 12:06 AM   #3  
Future Glamazon

S/C/G: 254/198/170

Height: 6'2"

Just calorie counting.
Apple Cheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 12:10 AM   #4  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

same here, just calorie counting ^_^
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 12:12 AM   #5  
Healthy mommy

I'd probably be doing what you guys are doing, to be quite honest, if I hadn't realized I've got some crazy binge triggers within the foods I eat that I can't control, so I've got to have a structure like the diet I'm on. I know that a lot of people can however control it and their bodies don't react a certain way to certain foods like a lot of the people on the SBD.

What works for one person may not work for another and I like to see that others are doing well doing things differently. It lets me know that if one day I did decide I needed to cut ties with the SBD, there is always something else I could pursue. One size don't fit all. There was a thread in the SBD forum earlier where the poster talked about looking at others who are eating a certain way and thinking her way was better. I personally don't subscribe to that theory, I think everybody does things their own way and what is healthy for one may not be healthy for another. I know the poster (if she ever happens to come across this post) didn't mean it in a judgmental way however, (so if she does come across this post, I hope she doesn't take offense, I don't mean anything by it!) I just thought it was an interesting thread so I was just wondering what sort of diets work for everyone else.
Old 08-28-2008, 12:14 AM   #6  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

I'm pretty loosely following the ww flex plan. I never go to meetings and I don't follow it strictly, but the guidelines have worked for me in the past so that's what I'm doing.
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 12:18 AM   #7  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

I am watching how much food i eat an trying not to over-eat. I do calorie counting every so often but don't obsess about it too much, for me the workouts make a big difference in how much I an lose.
vixjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 12:22 AM   #8  
I will do this.

I have recently switched to atkins and have been on induction for 6 days now and have really enjoyed this way of life.

When I was just calorie counting I wanted to binge all the time. I also figured out by using thedailyplate.com that a lot of my calories where coming from carbs and things that use a lot of chemicals and "fake" sugar.

Although I still calorie count and keep my diet between 1,300 - 1.500 my desire to binge has gone way down and it also keeps me full through out the day and my moods have been a lot better.

I believe that "one size" does not fit all and we are all here to support each other no matter what diet we choose. The main focus is that we are becoming healthy,thinnier, happier people!
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 01:00 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

I try and watch portion size and calorie count

HOWEVER!

I've been very slack the last couple of weeks and need to shake myself off and get back on the wagon. Spring has just about sprung and I want to get the few annoying winter kilos OFF!
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 01:08 AM   #10  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 170/161/135

Height: 5' 4"

I'm on South Beach, too. A lot of my friends say they couldn't cut certain things out of their diet completely, but I find I don't really miss them. I try to watch calories too, but I have a hard time calculating them and don't want to think about numbers every time I eat (and knowing me, I would obsess over numbers!)

I agree though, what works for one doesn't necessarily work for another.
tinycrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 01:20 AM   #11  
Healthy mommy

Keep on ladies, tell me more.

Tinycrusader, why don't I ever see you in the South Beach forum? You should come and make things interesting, sometimes it can be quite dead. Not an insult to the people there, I'm just saying that usually the threads are pretty slow moving. It needs something to liven it up. I try, but usually when I post, everyone else stops posting. lol!
Old 08-28-2008, 02:10 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

I am on a WW flex at-home do-it-yourself type diet. I follow the plan, but I just am not interested in going to meetings. I spend about nine months of the year at the softball field and, honestly, just don't want to go. I love WW! I have never been able to lose weight before on the two low carb diets I have done in the past (Atkins and SB). I just had a hard time cutting things out. I love being able to eat what I want and being in control of my life again. I have lost 35 pounds since April 7, 2008. I am at a little bit of a plateau -- well, not really; I have been sneaking food at night. I am staying under my points, if you include the flex, but I am one of those people who really can't dip into my 35 flex points because I won't lose. I am so close to my goal, but I have taken this "reward" stuff to a whole nutha level! I have had a hard time cutting my points since I am getting closer to my goal weight. That is the only con.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 02:13 AM   #13  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

im calorie counting in a fashion....
watching what i eat and how much of it i do eat...
i dont deprive myself of anything....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 02:15 AM   #14  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I'm a mostly-whole-foods calorie counter.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 02:36 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

I'm south beach as well, I would get insane cravings and get ravenously hungry. The SBD book was sort of like a lightbulb for me, explaining why I get this way and how to fix it. I'm not perfect, but at least 80% of the foods I eat are phase 1 SBD. As long as the SBD friendly foods are the staple of my diet I do pretty well.
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote