if asked by a friend: "about 20.6 pounds! woo hoo!"

if asked by a family member: "sure, i've lost a bit"
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 04:03 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/160

Height: 5'4.5 in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkysmachine View Post
I don't specify weights or sizes or anything. People can be really intrusive about it especially since I've dropped a significant amount of weight. With my family I'm totally difference. My parents have been very supportive of my weight loss while never denigrating my previous heavier weight. I don't like giving numbers because regardless of my weight I am a loving, sexy, brilliant, talented person and I have value. I am not a *better* person because of my weight loss; just a *thinner* person.
That is true...
SilentBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 04:45 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 305/ticker/130

Height: 5'6

I haven't been asked yet this time, because I haven't lost much yet... When I lost weight another time they would ask, and I wasn't ashamed to say 60lbs.
Mommysince21505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 05:21 PM   #34  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

Height: 5'8"

i have fluctuated so much in the last year that people who know me havent noticed yet...but people at work have noticed and i just say yes i am trying to lose weight and thats that. its a big deal at work because i work for a political campaign and people usually gain lots of weight during campaign season
bjeweled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 05:32 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 174(highest) 150/150/138

Height: 5'7"

I've lost 40 from my high, but 15 in the last year. Sometimes I say 40 and sometimes I say 15.
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 04:19 PM   #36  
Here I go again

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6

I have to add, I am even shy about telling my fiance how much I weight but I'm not shy as to telling him how much I've lost! We tell each other everything too! (well almost everything except this weight issue on my part) But I have had issues with my weight all my life that its something I am sensitive about.

Last edited by BoopRN; 08-22-2008 at 05:05 PM.
BoopRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 04:46 PM   #37  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I just tell them I am condensing. It really is a very personal matter and nobody's business.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 10:03 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
It really is a very personal matter and nobody's business.
Oh, I soooo agree. I like the compliments and don't mind too much saying what I've lost. But I would never presume someone else's weight loss was my business. Manners are so dead.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 12:47 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 185/140/120

Height: 5ft 4"

I love telling people if they are interested. It used to be something I was very uncomfortable talking about. I hold my weight on my bottom half so people are often surprised that I used to weigh as much as I did (obese category). I am proud of what I have done and the way I have done it and it makes me happy to let people know that it is achievable. People assume that I must be eating nothing, but when I tell them I eat what I want I just exercise to make up for it they are surprised and interested in getting on board. When I tell them that I started out just walking they get very interested. There are some people who say “What’s happened? Have you been sick, have you been suffering?”. It is usually older men that say that and it makes me laugh, you just can win!
dubh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 03:19 PM   #40  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristanAnne View Post
If you don't feel comfortable, you can always say that you don't weigh yourself, so you don't know for sure.
For a while, this actually WAS true of me, so I think this is the perfect answer... I guess some people might consider that a bit of a white lie, but I think your weight loss is your business and it's really up to you to decide whether you want people to know how much you lost. I don't think it's the slightest bit selfish to keep that information to yourself. Who says that it's my job to inspire others? Heh. I think it's great that some of the other posters on here have found value in that, but everyone's different. Personally, I'd rather not say the exact amount of pounds I lost--especially now, when I'm sure no one would believe me if I told them (since I look exactly the same as I did 24 pounds ago). I prefer to celebrate my victories on here, where people understand that every itty-bitty loss is a victory, and they can actually appreciate all of the work that went into it!

If someone asked me if I lost weight, I certainly wouldn't deny it (I'm hoping that it'll get to a point where it's obvious enough that I couldn't deny it! ). I'd probably say something like "Yeah, I guess I've just lost a few pounds here and there from eating better and getting a little more active." That may be a little modest, but it's not a lie. If they pressed me to tell how much I actually lost, I'd just say that I'm not really sure because I don't really weigh myself... Of course that's not at all true, but honestly I could care less.
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote