Old 08-19-2008, 06:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 130/130/120

Height: 5'6"

Default hey yall..

hey everyone! i just wanted to say whats up, i just joined and i'm looking forward to talking to everyone and getting some support.. maybe i can really stick to this!

i'm 21 and attending college/living in Texas... my biggest problem is living with my boyfriend (who's a big guy) which makes it hard to diet. at least i turned him into a vegetarian! my other problem is that because i'm 21 and in college, a lot of the time i just want to go out and have a few drinks but i feel like i'm wrecking any semblance of a healthy diet.. do any of yall have that problem?

Thanks for listening!
Karaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 02:04 AM   #2  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

welcome to the forum....
what r u drinking when u go out?....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 02:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 305/ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Mommysince21505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 04:14 AM   #4  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

hey there, welcome! Im a 21 year old student too. Im not a big drinker (and i dont have time to go out a lot, how sad) but when i do i try to just have diet coke. I usually have rum and coke so most people dont realise im not drinking if i dont tell them. And i dont feel like im missing out on much either, because i have the placebo of holding a drink in my hand
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 11:16 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 156/153/135

Height: 5'4"

Welcome!

I like to have sugar free red bull when I go out. The bars always have it. I am not a big drinker, though. I know a lot of people drink vodka with red bull, you can get it with the SF kind for 100 calories.

As long as you dance all night you may be able to counteract those calories!
KristanAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 11:23 AM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

You don't have to give up drinking or going out to stay healthy. There are a few tips to keep you on your plan even when you're at a bar. You could limit your number of drinks for one. Choose lower calorie options. Drink a full glass of water in between each alcoholic beverage. And then, of course, limit the number of times a week you go out to drink. Once a week? = Manageable. Every other night? = Time to find a hobby.

Living with someone who isn't as healthy of an eater as you is difficult, but remember, you're in charge of what goes in your mouth. First, announce your plans to your partner. Tell them that you'd like to avoid certain foods, and stock up on newer ones. Tell them that they don't have to do the same, but you'd like a little change. Enlist their help by asking that they not tempt you with foods you'd rather not have by not offering them to you.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 11:27 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 156/153/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
Every other night? = Time to find a hobby.
LOL!!
KristanAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 11:30 AM   #8  
carinna

Hello and Karaer. It's all a matter of moderation, as far as drinking goes. And like the others said, it also depends on what you're drinking. I like to have a beer from time to time, so I make sure I order a light beer. And of course, I don't drink to excess.

Good luck and hope to see you on the boards!
carinna is offline   Reply With Quote