Old 08-16-2008, 02:56 PM   #1  
Yarp.

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Default Just for Fun - Favorite Movies, TV Shows, Songs, Books

Just curious what y'all are watching, reading, and listening to. Here are my faves:

Movies: Fargo, The Departed, Dodgeball, Shaun of the Dead, Shortbus

TV Shows: The Office, Lost, Weeds

Songs: "Across the Universe" by the Beatles is my all-time favorite (though I like Rufus Wainwright's version better), "Sex Changes" by the Dresden Dolls, "Third Planet" by Modest Mouse, "James River Blues" by Old Crow Medicine Show

Books: "Coming into the Country" by John McPhee, "The Poisonwood Bible" by Barbara Kingsolver, "Into Thin Air" by Jon Krakauer...and lots of others
UrsusMaritimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 04:04 PM   #2  
Giving no Ground

S/C/G: 245/217/135

Ooooo, my lemming for today! Aw dang it I'm not 20-Something... I hope I can still play

Movies: Gladiator, the Crow (the first one), 13th Warrior, Beowulf and Grendel

TV Shows: Um... I don't watch TV anymore

Songs: "Blood and Fire" by Type O Negative, "Erdbeermund" by In Extremo, "The Hazel Wood" by Demanta, "Salz der Erde" by Saltatio Mortis, "White Wedding" Ardor's version (I love Billy Idol's too)

Books: "Folk Lore of the scottish Highlands" by Anne Ross, "Pagan Celtic Britain" again by Anne Ross, the Dark Elf series by R.A. Salvatore (this is about 16 books worth)
Skullarix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 05:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

Movies: I'm a Lifetime junky. I also like horror movies a lot. It really depends on my mood. I'm a sucker for a good romantic comedy too.

TV Shows: Gilmore Girls, ARMY Wives, Burn Notice, Greek. Those are my 'must see' shows
(well, GG is on twice a day in reruns. But I still watch it) I also tune in to Dancing with the Stars.

Songs: Top 40 stuff a lot....I like "oldies" too...a little bit of everything. I guess it goes the same as my movie taste.

Books: Steven King, chick lit, and Lurlene McDaniel (she writes more for teens, but her books are well written I think...and they always make me cry. The book equivalent to a Lifetime Movie). Right now I'm reading "The Second Assistant"
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 05:26 PM   #4  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

Ooohh, fun!

Movies: Dirty Dancing, Benny and Joon, Serendipity, Center Stage.

TV Shows: Gilmore Girls, Grey's Anatomy, House, Jon and Kate Plus 8, Ace of Cakes, Talk Sex with Sue Johansen, Miami Ink, If Walls Could Talk

Songs: Walking in Memphis - Marc Cohn

Books: I'm a huge self-help book addict. I read them all, whether they pertain to me or not. People are just really fascinating.
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 06:23 PM   #5  
Yarp.

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Quote:
People are just really fascinating.
You should be a sociologist!
UrsusMaritimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 06:46 PM   #6  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Movies: Titanic (yes Im not afraid to admit it!), any kind of sob story, all the Pirates of the Carribean movies, LOTR, Hot Fuzz

TV Shows: Lost, CSI, lots of crime shows, Black Books, Black Adder, Ab Fab, 'Allo 'Allo, lots of British comedy, House

Songs: "its just a song about ping pong", anything by Linkin Park, Rammstein, Oomph!, Eisbrecker

Books: The wheel of time series, anything by Terry Pratchett, The Time Traveller's Wife, lots more i cant remember >.<
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 08:35 PM   #7  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Movies: Garden State, Little Miss Sunshine, It Happened One Night, Gone With The Wind, Roman Holiday, Casablanca, The Sound of Music, Moulin Rouge...ummm....probably a lot more I can't think of right now?

TV: The Office, The Gilmore Girls (!!!!), Greys Anatomy, Ugly Betty, 30 Rock, House, Dexter, Weeds, Project Runway...I watch a lot of TV.

Songs: Uhhhh....I can't possibly answer this. I live for music.

Books: I haven't been reading much lately. The last book I really enjoyed was The Secret Life of Bees.
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 12:34 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighish View Post
Books: I haven't been reading much lately. The last book I really enjoyed was The Secret Life of Bees.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0416212/

They're making it into a movie.
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 10:12 AM   #9  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

I know! I have to admit, I'm a little nervous.
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote