Old 08-13-2008, 10:11 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 156/153/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconised Ghost View Post
I know having protein in every meal is good for keeping you full, and i usually have meat with dinner, try to have an egg for lunch, and have milk with breakfast. But it doesnt seem to help very much...

I know fibre is also important. I usually get at least some fibre with my porridge in the morning, and bread for lunch, but still im hungry
I think that you need to aim for a balance of protein and fiber (or good carbs). It looks like your protein choices seem good, but I think your fiber choices could use some help. Maybe get the fiber from vegetables and fruits instead of grains. Here are some of the snack combinations I've used to stay full:

Celery with peanut butter
Baby carrots with hummus
Baby carrots or celery with a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese
Hard boiled egg with grapes

And remember with meals you should load your plate half full of veggies. For meals you could do:

Grilled or broiled fish/chicken with broccoli and whole grain couscous
Egg white omelet loaded with onions, tomatoes, spinach, mushrooms, etc
Peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat bread with sugar free fruit preserves, and then any of those snack options I posted above for a side

Good luck!
KristanAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 12:12 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconised Ghost View Post
I think i will try your method of spacing out calories the day after tomorrow Kitty. What kinds of things do you use for dessert? I've been weaning myself off desserts since i tend to go over board if i let myself have a little bit of something, but perhaps you have some healthy options that you like to use?
'Dessert' for me usually involves either fruit or yogurt or both. My fave at the moment is low-fat Greek yogurt on a meringue nest (55cals) with summer fruits. Another is FF fruit sorbet (I like mango) with a fruit cup. I don't do diet puddings as such but do allow upto 200 calories if I have them available for something in the evening. If my dinner is more calorie laden I will have a FF fruit yogurt or caramel rice cake.

Kitty
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 12:53 PM   #18  
Observer of Phenomena

Height: 5' 4"

Everyone's different, but for me, saving up half my calories for dinner wouldn't work. I'd get too hungry during the day and risk making bad choices as a result. Also, while you're probably getting enough protein at 25%, maybe you want to try upping it a bit just to see if it helps you feel more satisfied.

I totally agree with those who suggested adding more fruits and veggies for bulk.
3Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 04:08 PM   #19  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

thanks guys, i got some glad lock steam bags so i a ready to fill up on veggies I am a bit of a fruit-phobe, but i guess i will just add them in slowly and learn to like them I'll let you know how i get on!
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 04:36 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 305/ticker/130

Height: 5'6

I am hungry too up till dinner. Dinner is where I intake a lot of my calories, which helps me so I don't go to bed hungry or snack late at night. During the day I can just tough it out so I don't snack much during the day either. I know I am not much help, but I would recommend eating more at night.
Mommysince21505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 11:46 PM   #21  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

The thing is i still live at home and dont have a lot of control over what we have for dinner, especially since no one else in my family is dieting. So i have to find a balance between having enough during the day and leaving enough left over to allow for what ever dinner might be. I also have to be careful not to have too little during the day though, because i need to go to uni and do all my work and be able to concentrate >.< I'm trying to have about 1000 calories during the day, which leaves plenty of room for dinner without leaving me hungry (hopefully)

And today i put some of you guys' ideas into place and i did not feel hungry! happy ^_^
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote