Old 08-15-2008, 01:47 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 280/262/180

Height: 6'5

so ive been so on plan and i really wasnt moving the scale much so yesterday i decided i was going to eat some cookies! well imagine my suprise when today when i weighed i was 2 pounds less....funny how it works sometimes i guess lol
bentley fontane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 03:25 PM   #77  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

mmmmmm....cooooookies.... must have shocked your system into a loss with added calories.

I've been on plan, calorie boot camp is more like it. Trying to lose my huge gain at the begining of this week. Started out at 193 (probably just retained water from salty food) and this morning weighed in at a itty bitty micrometer below 188, and I had pizza for dinner last night too. Now, to maintain that all weekend and hopefully lose more.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 04:41 PM   #78  
Get through today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here we go again View Post
Thanks, Taylor. No, I didn't plan it. I don't have a kitchen this week b/c I've been moving. So actually it's a miracle that I been sticking to healthy eating.

I know that this is stupid, but I'm SCARED to eat more calories. It's like if I allow myself to eat more calories than I'll eat too many. I've always been an all or nothing person and I'm afraid that I'll gain.... how to do you overcome that? Does anyone else go through this?
This terrifies me too! I'm definitely an all or nothing person too (which is how I ended up where I am -- sheesh!). If you have a solution, please let me know too! At the moment, I'm trying the "all things in moderation" mentality, but I have to be SOOO conscious of everything that I eat (or it just gets out of hand), it's ridiculous.

Have you done calculation section for the calories you should be eating vs. the # of pounds you want to lose per week? On thedailyplate.com, it is under the "my calorie goals" and it gives requirements like height, current weight, age, goal, and activity level. it then determines what you *should* be consuming per day to lose what you want per week. Unless you are trying to lose a lot of weight quickly, you can most likely eat more calories per day than you are now. If anything, it can give you a starting point. Hope that helps!
BellaHTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 04:49 PM   #79  
Get through today

bentley fontane -- I am JEALOUS!! I've always wished we lived in a world where salads were bad for me and pasta/cookies/pizza was good, the more the better. But then, I'd probably want salad... HA!

Today has been VERY stressful. I'm the only one in the office, and even though this is a regular thing, it seems like EVERY client has a rush project or something to get through today. I handle this kinda pressure reasonably well, but I can only do one thing at a time, sometimes two or three, but quality and focus depreciates. It is so amazing outside today and keep wanting to go out there. At least it's pay week, and I'm going to Target after work, so that's where that money will be going. Target is bad for me, too many pretty things. It's better that I buy a few non-eatables than take my stress out on dinner (<-- this is me thinking sensibly now, I only hope this attitude continues).

I hope everyone is having a SUPER Friday!
Old 08-15-2008, 05:06 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Bella: Thanks for understanding where I'm coming from. I'm glad I'm not the only one. I did do that, but if I put 2 pounds it tells me to eat 2,800 per day. I don't think that's right at all. I am not going to eat that many cal per day. So where's the balance?
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 05:50 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 230/148.5/145

Height: 5'6''

hey do you girlies mind if I join in?? I'm really enjoying this Forum on 3FC!..Well for starters I haven't done much walking because its been POURING down rain for the past two weeks...yesterday wasn't such a great day..I work at a daycare and the cook is off..so yesterday I had to prepare lunch and the food....mac and cheese..can we say temptation?? I didn't take up a serving..just about 4-5 forkfuls :-(. Had my weigh in this morning and STILL at 149.5..which is better than a gain I guess! Last night I was feelin so down that I felt like saying "shag it tomorrow and I'm gonna eat WHATEVER" I got over that by going for a walk and talking myself out of it!!!!
Hope you all have a great weekend!
Oh..question for you all..can anyone see my profile pic on my posts?? when I view the my posts I don't see it..just wondering if it was working!
angelanicole23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 06:12 PM   #82  
Get through today

Quote:
Bella: Thanks for understanding where I'm coming from. I'm glad I'm not the only one. I did do that, but if I put 2 pounds it tells me to eat 2,800 per day. I don't think that's right at all. I am not going to eat that many cal per day. So where's the balance?
Wow, that is pretty high. What do you have your activity level set at? Could try to set that lower (like "Lightly Active") and see what you get. Yeah, I know that calculator isn't accurate, but it gives a starting point. If you're hungry all the time and you're not loosing, maybe your body is trying to say "hey, I'm in starvation mode. I'm gonna hang on to my reserves." Which I just think is annoying! Why can't my body do what I just want it to??? (If it makes you feel any better, I CAN'T WAIT to be down to 285 -- that is AWESOME!!)

I completely understand where you are coming from, and truthfully I wish I didn't because I think we have just one more obstacle of finding that balance between eating NOTHING to eating EVERYTHING. I envy those people who can be happy with one cookie. I mean, I CAN stop at one cookie, but then I'll spend the next 2 hours thinking about the rest of the bag (and I'm not even a cookie fanatic). I can trace this back to childhood and my family. If you didn't grab it, it was gone. And food was used as a punishment/reward (not in a mean way), so there's that whole mentality. I don't know how to break that, so I'm just trying to live with it.

angelanicole23 -- Good for you on the mac and cheese! Stopping after a few bites, that is amazing self control. A walk is a great distraction from an all out binge, good idea! (and no, I can't see your profile pic -- maybe check the size or the format?)
Old 08-15-2008, 06:23 PM   #83  

hehe i was thinking it was horrible!!! I don't usually allow myself many bites of anything..I was feeling disgusting last night!
Old 08-15-2008, 06:32 PM   #84  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Quote:
the daily plate gives me insanely high estimations as well. I think that possibly when you are having around 1100 calories a day this is a little low, i usually try to have between 1200 min and 1600 max, and most of the time end up having about 1500 on average. Not sure if this suits you considering your height and weight (which i forgot to check before clicking reply!). If you go to the low calorie diet forums they can probably recommend a calorie level for you
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 06:32 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaHTH View Post
This terrifies me too! I'm definitely an all or nothing person too (which is how I ended up where I am -- sheesh!). If you have a solution, please let me know too! At the moment, I'm trying the "all things in moderation" mentality, but I have to be SOOO conscious of everything that I eat (or it just gets out of hand), it's ridiculous.

Have you done calculation section for the calories you should be eating vs. the # of pounds you want to lose per week? On thedailyplate.com, it is under the "my calorie goals" and it gives requirements like height, current weight, age, goal, and activity level. it then determines what you *should* be consuming per day to lose what you want per week. Unless you are trying to lose a lot of weight quickly, you can most likely eat more calories per day than you are now. If anything, it can give you a starting point. Hope that helps!
I have it on light. The thing is I'm not hungry. I eat feeling meals, lots of protein and veggies. That's why I'm scared to go up b/c I "feel" like I'm eating enough, but I also don't like being at the same weight for over two weeks. So if I need to eat more I will.
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 06:46 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 280/262/180

Height: 6'5

Quote:
bentley fontane -- I am JEALOUS!! I've always wished we lived in a world where salads were bad for me and pasta/cookies/pizza was good, the more the better. But then, I'd probably want salad... HA!

Today has been VERY stressful. I'm the only one in the office, and even though this is a regular thing, it seems like EVERY client has a rush project or something to get through today. I handle this kinda pressure reasonably well, but I can only do one thing at a time, sometimes two or three, but quality and focus depreciates. It is so amazing outside today and keep wanting to go out there. At least it's pay week, and I'm going to Target after work, so that's where that money will be going. Target is bad for me, too many pretty things. It's better that I buy a few non-eatables than take my stress out on dinner (<-- this is me thinking sensibly now, I only hope this attitude continues).

I hope everyone is having a SUPER Friday!
i so love target!
bentley fontane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 06:50 PM   #87  

just posting to test see if the pic is showing...i don't know how to make it smaller
Old 08-15-2008, 06:56 PM   #88  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

if you have paint you could crop it so that it is smaller, but of course you lose some of the picture. Otherwise you could upload it to photobucket which has a resize function, and then resave it and try putting it in then, that might work
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 07:08 PM   #89  
I will do this.

Here we go When I do my calories like this. 1,200 is the minimum I eat and 1,500 is the most. I know that if I do eat 1.500 I have a great day and still on track. Perhaps you could make 1.400 your low and 1.600 your high so if you do eat 1.600 you don't feel like you have had a "bad day" does that make sense?

Today is my 5th day back on plan and all is going well. I even had a glass of wine at my dads house and was still within my calories for yesterday!

It's has been rainy all day to day here and all I want to do is get a huge mug of hot chocolate and a bag of chocolate chip cookies and watch movies. So what I did was get myself a cup of coffee and a 100 calorie pack of popcorn and watched a movie instead. Saved myself bunches of calories and still get that "comfort food" feeling.

I also got myself an artichoke to have with dinner as a special treat because they are my favorite and I eat them with 0 calorie spray butter and no-sodium salt and it's heaven!!! They are also only 60 calories! Yum!

arts Great job on the loss, babe!
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 08:45 PM   #90  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

Hello everyone! Argh, I've been away too long! Hehe. I've missed so many good conversations.

Quote:
I have a coworker who literally eats NONstop junk foods and is tall and thin.. and likes to talk about her "rolls" (yeah, there aren't any)... Another coworker who just had a baby and is SMALLER than before she got pregnant, and a third who barely eats at all. This place is my oasis of support and I am grateful every. single. day.
Aaah, I know EXACTLY what you mean. Before I started to try to lose weight, I never even noticed the ridiculous amounts of food that most of my friends eat... Yet they are, if not incredibly skinny, definitely smaller than average. Yesterday I went to the drive-in with one of my best friends. She had eaten dinner a couple hours ago, but she got an order of mozzarella sticks AND a frozen lemonade thing... Then a couple hours later (when the movie was over) she wanted to go to Taco Bell on the way home! It was so frustrating to have to say no over and over. Both mozzarella sticks and Taco Bell are favorite foods of mine (my mouth is watering just thinking of it LOL) and it's so frustrating to know that she ate all that junk but she's still a normal size. Grr. Lol.

Well I am starving so I need to grab dinner, heh, but I will definitely have to swing by this thread more often!
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote