3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 20-Somethings

Alcohol Advice

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2002, 10:36 PM   #1
Strange Little Girl

Default Alcohol Advice

Ok...turning 21 soon, and although I know drinking isn't good for dieting...I was looking for some recommendations on the safest bets if I was going to drink.

My guesses would be bloody marys and light beer.

What do you guys think? Any other ideas???

-Tori Amos
Old 03-20-2002, 03:58 PM   #2

Aah, the fun of turning 21! Mixed drinks have a LOT of sugar in them (though I love them!) I did mostly shots on my birthday. When I was in college, I remember girls always saying that vodka had little calories in it. NOT that I suggest drinking that straight! Light beer is good. Maybe mixed drinks made with diet soda? I don't know if you can request a rum and diet coke. Hey, you only turn 21 ONCE and you'll probably end up how should I say... regurgitating what you drink anyway! Most people I know did on their 21st birthday. Have fun for that one night, make wise choices for the rest of your drinking days.

valerie
Old 03-31-2002, 03:06 PM   #3

Default my suggestions

Low calorie alcoholic beveridges:

Light beer (a 12 oz Miller Lite has only 96 calories)

Gin and tonic (this is a personal favorite, not because it tastes good, but because I don't like the taste, therefore I drink slower)

Rum and diet Coke or Jack and Diet.

White Zinfandel (packs a good buzz in few calories)

Stay away from:

all malt liquor like hard lemonade, Hooch, Skyy Blue (270 cal/12 oz), Smirnoff Ice, etc.

White Russians or other cream/ice cream drinks

"fat" beer (as opposed to light beer)

anything with Grenadine (Tequila Sunrises are good without it), it's just pure sugar syrup

good luck! and remember that dieting can have some pretty drastic effects on alcohol tolerance, so take it very slow.

~erin

120/133/136
Old 04-02-2002, 07:08 PM   #4
Gonna do it!

S/C/G: 186/166/140

Height: 5'8"

Hello Ladies!

Well here is a good drink that I came across by accident. I like to drink Amaretto sunrises (without the grenadine) and well this new bartender screwed up and what she did was about 1/3 the glass was amaretto, almost the other 2/3 was tonic or something, and then she added a tiny bit of OJ. It turned out to be pretty good (lighter than a regular amaretto sunrise) and i am sure better for my diet. I bet you could do this to a tequila sunrise as well or probably about any drink that is mostly OJ like sex on the beach or screwdrivers....

Courtney
Old 04-03-2002, 08:58 PM   #5
Highly Caffeinated

You only turn 21 once, go out and get trashed , enjoy your birthday. You can worry about drinking light beer for the rest of your life. Plus, don't eat and you'll get drunk even faster

Bottom line, do what you feel is right

Surgery date....March 26th, 2008
Old 04-13-2002, 02:17 AM   #6

Default Word of advice

I haven't been 21 for a few years now, but I just want you ladies to know, that in terms of drinking, STAY AWAY FROM BEER. It added 60+ pounds to my frame and this was Coors Light - the grossest and one of the lightest. To keep your figure, get used to wine, preferably red because it has health benefits. Your heart and your hips will thank you. Wine has the fewest calories of the drinks (because you usually mix hard liquor with something sweet and sugary) and has truly beneficial assets.

Just so you know!

Been there,
Kieryne
Old 04-24-2002, 10:40 AM   #7
12 pounds lost in 2006

Post Stay Away From Alcohol

If your seriously trying to lose weight I would stay away from alcohol. Alcohol carries an amazing 7 cal/gm . Thats a lot of calories if you have a glass of beer or even a couple drinks at the club. If you're in the middle of a weight loss plan than those extra calories can totally screw you up

Mini Goal Get to 175 lbs. by the end of 11/05/06.
Highest: 216 Current: 179 Goal: 145
Old 05-07-2002, 08:37 PM   #8

Default Amaretto and OJ

Hi

I'm new to the site, and I thought I'd stop in since I'm 22/f.

Amaretto and OJ is actually called a "Bocce Ball." I've never had one myself, but I've worked bartending jobs and had them requested.
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.