Well, I've been meaning to jump start my action plan of eating healthy and exercising every day for the last couple of weeks. Still hasn't happened.
I realized I needed something different. This all started when I wrote a couple of messages to myself that I would see right away in the morning and when I got home from work.
My messages are something like this (I'll switch them for the appropriate times)...
"Good morning Tessa! Today you will
eat healthy, drink plenty of water, and have a positive attitude. Starting NOW
"Afternoon now? You will continue eating healthy...stick to your plan. This afternoon you will
work out! Go do it!
I also went online and looked for some motivational weight loss quotes and wrote them on index cards. I am going to get them out to look through if I ever want to cheat on a meal or skip my exercise. Here are the ones I collected.
- You get whatever you settle for
- Clear your mind of 'can't'
- Nothing tastes as good as being thin tastes
- Don't trade what you want most for what you want that moment
- Those who indulge, BULGE!
- Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always
- Rule your mind or it will rule you. You may delay, but time will not.
- You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be.
- The future depends on what we do in the present.
Mahatma Gandhi Eleanor
BellyUp also mentioned something about a dream board...maybe something to put up motivational pictures up on? I think I am also going to dig up some magazine pictures of clothes that I can fit in when I get to my goal weight. When I get there, I can go out and get them
Does anyone else have other motivational quotes or ideas?
I'm going to start this weight loss journey!