i so need to get back on this.

• man, i got down to 228 a few days ago. that's the lowest i've been in ages. i mean, my 'senior's t-shirt fits better now than when i first got it. that's saying something. but i've been slacking. i learned how to make tacos and it hasn't been the same. i'm in love with these tacos i'm making because they taste so good.

i've made some really bad choices this past week and i really need to get my act together, not just with food but in my personal life as well. i got sent home from work for a week over something stupid, i hit a phone pole with my car (completely on accident, i didn't even see it), and i've been hanging out with someone who i shouldn't.

eating healthy and working out have certainly taken a backseat. i obviously know i can do this seeing as i'm the lowest i've ever been, but ugh now i have to find out how much i've gained back and lose it again.

and NOW i got a letter from a friend of mine, inviting me to her wedding on june 14th. and i have to go and i want to take the person i shouldn't haha. (long story) but i want to lose some more weight so i can buy a cute dress and look all hot for the person i shouldn't. lol.

i don't think i'm asking a question haha, just ranting, i guess. if anyone has any comments, ideas, suggestions...i would totally love to hear them!
  • Welcome and good luck. It is good that you want to improve your health. Don't be unrealstic about what you can do in one month a healthy weight loss is 1.5 -2 pounds a week. You may be able to do slightly better than that. I wouldn't count on it though. I hope I am not discouraging you, just giving you the facts. One thing is true , the best time to start is right now. Do you have a diet and exercise plan ?
  • Yeah, I used to work out for an hour everyday and I was counting calories and eating a lot less than I have been. I've been working out since the beginning of April so I've lost some weight. I just need to get back to where I was and keep it up.
  • I know what you're going through. A month ago i was sort of slacking on the gym exercise and the counting calories. but then my cousin asked me 2 weeks ago to be her bridesmaid (for July 5th!) and now, I've been all into my routine again.

Im sure this wedding is a motivator, though? I wanna look nice for the wedding. I mean, sure I want to lose weight regardless. But knowing I have to be in a wedding gives me an extra little push

realistically, of course, I know that I should be looking at a 1-2 pound weight loss a week. which is fine for now. I'm just happy I'm back to eating right and exercising.
  • Quote: Yeah, I used to work out for an hour everyday and I was counting calories and eating a lot less than I have been. I've been working out since the beginning of April so I've lost some weight. I just need to get back to where I was and keep it up.

Exactly!
  • I totally feel you...I've been HECKA stressed with a bunch of crap so I am still staying on my diet and exercise, but I am doing it totally half heartedly...Just like you guys, I am doing it to look good for an event...my graduation/family reunion. I feel like I get frustrated not losing the weight fast enough...but I just read somewhere that a quarter of a pound a week is healthy, so losing one pound in one month is considered healthy, meaning you will be a lot less likely to gain it back..One pound a month is soooooooo slow but it makes ya feel better doesnt it? hahaha