Old 05-07-2008, 10:15 PM   #1  
Changing for me!

S/C/G: 171/171/125

Height: 5'6

Default exercise motivation

So i started waking up @ 6am do the treadmill for 45 min then go to work but i dont know why lately it's really hard for me to wake up in the morning i go to bed early n still nothing!!! starting monday i have class from 6-11 at night i work 9am-2 pick up my sis from school drop her off have dinner n go! i need motivational tips or any tips for that matter to work out help
Happy Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 02:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: HW220/SW195/CW164/GW160

Height: 5'10"

I have the same problem. Early morning is the best time for me to work out now that I've just added a 90 minute commute to my day. But it's so hard to get up. We keep our treadmill in the loft above the garage. I sometimes take drastic measures and put my toothbrush on the treadmill the night before so when to alarm goes off I know I have to go out there anyway, so I might as well run for awhile or otherwise I'll feel guilty. Alarm clock in the hallway instead of the bedroom also helps since I have to get up to turn it off and that is usually the hardest part.

I guess I'm not so much motivating myself as tricking myself. But after a few days of consistently doing it, it does get easier and more routine.
charisma classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 02:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 187.4/147.4/129

Height: 5'2"

Wow, you have busy days!

Sometimes I'm not motivated to get up and move.. BUT, I just do. I make zero excuses, and just DO it.. even when/if I don't feel like it. Because, I will always feel better afterwards. That's how I push myself to get it done. I love the feeling exercise gives me AFTER I'm done.. so I don't give myself the option to not do it.
Erika79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 02:33 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

I'm trying to figure out the same thing myself. I WANT to get up in the morning but just love that extra hour of sleep when the rest of the day is jam packed busy.

I was thinking I would get the hubby to hide my alarm clock somewhere in the room so that I have to find it when it's going off.

I'll keep you posted if that works.
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote