Old 05-07-2008, 12:25 AM   #16  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexybrokechick View Post

I just ordered a digital camera tonight and it should be in at the end of the week. So happy, I can now take pics of my body for comparison. Yay!
Yay! I have a digital camera already and should take pics of myself for comparison, too... I did find a picture I will use for "Before", though...and can't wait to take a pic for "After"!! =)
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:24 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 187.4/147.4/129

Height: 5'2"

RemeberHowToSmile- I sure wouldn't pass up a free trip to NY! Is this NYC??

taragettingthin- Aw, sorry you have to work on mother's day. Sorry about the gain, as well, sounds like your positive about it though... and that's great! You're right... it's a small one, and it'll be off before you know it.

lissa9501- so sorry you're having a rough week I hope the next one is better for you!

PrettyPaula- of course you can join in! welcome!! I think if you're truly bored of Atkins, you need to switch to something different. You have to stick with something that doesn't bore you, because you will need to do this for life, so it stays off for life. Finding something you can do forever is really important, so you're not having a huge struggle. I count calories and exercise... I LOVE it.

BellyUp- welcome!!!
Erika79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:49 AM   #18  

Happy Wednesday! (although I would be even happier if it was Friday...)

I can't wait until June 1 because then we can start taking summer fridays off. We get 5 between June 1 and September 1. Speaking of summer, I'm trying to break in all of my summer shoes, a rather painful process. Lots of bandaids!

I am so tempted to take a "personal day." We get unlimited sick days meaning I never use them. I wake up and want to just call in sick, but I always feel bad. Like why should I not have to go to work when everyone else in the world does? I've just been so worn down though that it would be nice.

Very excited for my Cardio Kick class today!!! I've never done a group class before, I always just do the eliptical in the morning.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 02:09 PM   #19  
Can't wait till 170

So today was my official monthly weigh-in at my gym.. Compared to Monday, which is my own home weigh-in day, I lost 1.8 lbs and saw the Onederland but I'm not going to be excited about it till I see it at my home because it is different scale, after one. Well, as far as inches, I'm 4 more inches down since the 7th of last month. In total, I'm 12.5 inches down in 2 months! I can kind of tell but not that much...but it surely makes me feel good, though. =)

Other than that... I have a final paper due tonight for my class and I'm only about half or little more done. So I'm little bit stressed about it. I haven't had anything to eat yet so I better get going for now. (I wake up around 11-12 so this is only my breakfast. heh)

I will come back later, though.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:35 PM   #20  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

hey all! thanks for the fab welcome

my scale read 209 today BUT i am not gonna feel down as i know that is just my glycogen stores refilling after coming off of atkins.

Atkins is great if you can stick to it, but i find it so restrictive and right now i have exams, i just dont have time to plan every single thing and spend hours in supermarkets.

you do lose alot of weight but once you go back to adding in healthy carbs for me i just gain it back again.. so i want to do it the right way... no more than 1500 cals per day and exercise.

today has been another gorgeous day here in england, think we are having a mini heatwave! 24 degrees centigrade! gorgeous blue skies

We had to visit the hospital today for fiance, thankfully he has had the all clear but we had a bit of a heart scare there!

today i have clocked up 1468 cals, 1 mile walk, 10 mins on cardio cruiser machine, free arm weights and 15 minute pilates legs and abs work out routine

i'm planning on buying a couple more workout DVDs when i get paid... i want a kick boxing one i think!

also my wii fit should arrive this week and i cant wait! how was everyones day?
PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 03:26 AM   #21  
gracey

S/C/G: 242/172/168

Height: 5ft 11

hey guys, pretty- i have never done atkins i was just wondering what is so great about it????
damn exams making us all so stressed out. i have about 5 days untill i can weigh myself for the first time im hoping for a big loss, especially if i manage to complete 2 more workouts
anyway guys have a good day i have a busy one :-s
freethetoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:29 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

Ooooooooh I'm not doing so hot...

I've had a bad few days in terms of eating, and bf leaves tomorrow (I only binge when he's not here -- he'll be gone for 10 days...). I'm really looking forward to being able to get back to the gym now that school's done (LAST FINAL WAS TODAY!! WOOHOO!!!).

I'm up 2 lbs from my lowest due to the crazy schedule I had for a while (I wrote about this earlier)...I just don't want to completely undo all the good I've done.

:-(
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 02:07 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Hey everyone, busy week not much time to check in here. I have been doing pretty well on staying op except Thurday I had two big fruity daquire things at a baseball game (last minute invite) and Friday I went an outdoor weekend long concert and did something like 7 shots in two hours, bad idea. I then stopped drinking but had this potato chip with sour cream, cheese, ect. Granted I did a lot of waking around both days that made for lots of extra calories

So today I went and worked out for 38 minutes. I know 38 is a weird time but I'm trying to use the eclipitical machine and I could only do 3 minutes before I had to stop so then I went and got on the bike. I'm hoping for more like 5-10 tomorrow I think I shouldn't have used a high setting on my first time.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 08:50 PM   #24  
keep on truckin'

S/C/G: 253/249/190

Height: 6'1

PrettyPaula: My mom did Atkins for a long time, and she lost around 20 pounds but she quit it too because it was too restricting! Don't feel bad, you'll lose again soon!

Freethetoys: Tell me about it! I have a huge paper due on Tuesday that is 30 percent of my grade and I have no idea how to do it! It is for a math lab class for sociology...pretty much the biggest stressor of my life right now. That and that fact that I have a paper due on Thursday that is over a 17 page article, a 30 page article, and a 400 page book which I haven't read ANY of yet because she didn't assign them until last week. So you and me both!

artsnsmarts: I have been FIGHTING binging these last couple days as well. Yesterday I was thisclose to binging. I seriously physically got the cereal down and was about to eat it, and thankfully my boyfriend stopped me. I gained 2 pounds from my lowest as well due to so much stress! We can get through this though! I keep trying to tell myself that the scale doesn't matter, only feeling healthier does.

Remember: 7 shots in two hours..you remind me of myself! Last weekend my roomate and I took 6 shots in about 5 minutes before we went inside the club! I actually didn't feel so drunk though...I probably would've ate as well, but I was too tired at the end of the night to do anything but sleep!

~~Well as for me, here is something that you all might relate to! My roommate and I looked for apartments in the midtown area for 4 hours today, and the only two that we definitely liked are giving us crap about having a cosigner. One of them straight out told us we can't have the apartment. The other one is giving us all this crap about it. We only work part time because we are going to college, so our parents help us with the rent. SO our parents usually cosign. It's so stressful!
vdaybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 08:52 PM   #25  
Getting Healthy

S/C/G: 320/309/200

Hi everyone! hope its okay too, me jumping in as well. Love this post, feels so warm and friendly. I have lost a total of 12 pounds in 3 weeks just by calorie counting and exercising. Can't wait until that first moment where I can go shopping in the NORMAL section. Ahh the day will come. Good luck ladies!
nursechristi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 09:15 PM   #26  
Can't wait till 170

Hello everyone! Hope you had a great Mother's Day!
Today was supposed to be my "rest" day according to the workout calendar for my TransFirmation. Well, as I haven't been to the Circuit Training since Wednesday, (I do 3 times/week), I didn't want to rest today. So I did 30 minutes of "10 Minute Solution" and did about 5 minutes of "invisible" jumping rope. Jumping rope sure does its magic...I broke sweat in no time!
I think I'm going to start doing some jumping rope daily... At least 300 of them, even if it's only for couple minutes.