Old 04-28-2008, 05:09 PM   #1  
Not stopping at ANY cost

S/C/G: 260/220/160

Height: 5'5''

Default Bad Bad Bad

I posted this in the WW section, but I also wanted feedback from my friends here..

I had 26 points left after breakfast. For lunch I was celebrating a reward at work and I decided it would be safe for me to have pizza every once in a while. i have 4 square pieces and a small slice of apple pie. I now feel like boat and also like a fat cow.Yes, I have 35 weekly points that I never use, but I feel like a loser. Am i bad??
MCheyenne6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 05:13 PM   #2  
Blonde Bombshell

S/C/G: 164/133/136

Height: 5'8''

you are never BAD! that's the great thing about WW..you can be flexible, and you can eat what you want---that pizza craving is what the 35 points are for!! This one day is NOT going to ruin your weight-loss path, unless you let it. So be strong and keep moving forward!!

I would recommend that you exercise when you get home from work tonight, it'll give you activity points and make you feel so much better (after I eat a lot and feel like a "fat cow", I always exercise!! it helps!)

I do fully believe though in non-food rewards...next time you get a promotion, receive special recognition, etc...treat yourself to a manicure, or a new outfit (a small one yay!), or whatever you like!
KatieLeighVOLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 05:16 PM   #3  
Not stopping at ANY cost

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieLeighVOLS View Post

I do fully believe though in non-food rewards...next time you get a promotion, receive special recognition, etc...treat yourself to a manicure, or a new outfit (a small one yay!), or whatever you like!

that is awesome. I have to remember that !!! A manicure... that's a nice little treat
Old 04-28-2008, 05:24 PM   #4  
Jig, Don't Jog

S/C/G: 185.2/154.6/135

Height: 5'5"

No! No no no no no! Not at all
You have to think about this in the big "life spectrum" of things! Are you NEVER going to eat pizza and apple pie ever again??? What if, during maintenance, you had this exact situation?

One of the things that's the hardest for me to do, but is the most sensical to me is: One day will never break you. In addition-- think about the "one day"s you used to have! How many more slices of pizza would there have been? How much bigger would that slice of apple pie be?

Nah-- Be proud of what you've achieved and where you're going with it! And remember-- life is life. You're going to have these obstacles throughout, and as long as they don't turn into a permanent "trip up", you're good to go!

weegreenlassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:23 PM   #5  
I will do this.

No no no.

THIS is A life style!!! You cannot forbid yourself from any food.

In fact - USE those extra points given to you each week so you feel less guilty when you DO use them. That's what they are there for.

More than anything weight-loss, new clothes, manicure...you need a healthy relationship with food - that's why WW gives you those extra points so you can have a treat and realize what a treat it - savour it - and move on.

You are doing great
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 12:40 AM   #6  
banned

S/C/G: 213/ticker/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCheyenne6 View Post
i have 4 square pieces and a small slice of apple pie. I now feel like boat and also like a fat cow.Yes, I have 35 weekly points that I never use, but I feel like a loser. Am i bad??
Take that as you just can't eat that anymore, not because of the fat content or the calories, but that you just don't feel good after eating that. If you don't feel good after eating something, why eat it?
sunflowergirl68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 07:53 AM   #7  
Gone, baby, gone

S/C/G: 274/212.6/134

Height: 5'1"

When I first started WW, I went to a wine tasting, and planning my drinks/appetizers. It was all within my daily points (+/- 2 flex or so), but I still felt guilty afterwards, so I understand how you felt.

Since we were younger, and learned about "diets", it's always been ingrained in us that certain foods were bad and should be off-limits. And indeed, there are unhealthy foods that should be eaten in moderation, when eaten at all. But one of the things I like best about WW is that they allow us to make allowances for pretty much any food choice we want, without guilt. So, as much as I love salads with chicken and veggies for lunch, sometimes, it's just easier for me to grab a 6 point Whopper Jr (no cheese, no mayo).
staja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:57 AM   #8  
Not stopping at ANY cost

Default Update

This week I felt much better. I did enjoy some no pudge brownies I made, but I stuck to my guns.Thanks ladies