Old 05-01-2008, 06:50 PM   #1  
Gone, baby, gone

S/C/G: 274/212.6/134

Height: 5'1"

Default My Pants

So, this is a slight rant about my pants....

I've now lost 15 pounds, and can wear my "skinny" size 22 jeans. I had stopped wearing them, because they'd been getting too tight, and my thighs were rubbing together. Both pairs of my "fat" size 22's fall off me now.

So today, I look down at my pants while peeing, and I can nearly see the floor, because the fabric is soooooooo thin where my thighs rubbed together. I know i don't want to buy a new pair of jeans when I'm close to wearing a 20, but I don't know what to do when the thin fabric finally tears! It already has on my favourite black dress pants. At this point, I'm almost afraid to wash them!

Being short and round makes it exceptionally hard to find clothing that fits reasonably well, and I really liked these!
staja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: HW 226/ CW217/ GW 145

Height: 5'4

Do you have any sewing skills at all? What about lining the inside with some fabric.. maybe something smooth and silky.. like the fabric in those silky boxers. If you cant sew maybe some of that fusable web stuff.. or if you can afford it take it to a shop. I may take a pair of my daughters pants in for a new zipper.. they are almost brand new pants.. but the zipper broke.
mommamurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:31 PM   #3  
Lola

S/C/G: 225/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

i know people who find really great clothes at resale stores. it's cheap but takes time. i know i don't like to spend a lot of money on pants i'm not planning to wear much longer!

congrats on getting into your "skinny" jeans!
Princess0113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:33 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/177/135

First off congrats on the weight loss!!! Second, there is no way to repair those pants. My suggestion is that if you are that close to 20's go to a resale shop or goodwill and pick up a couple of pairs of pants to tied you over. Its much easier to spend $20 on 2 pairs of pants that you are only going to wear for a few weeks than to spend $100/each for a good pair of jeans or dress pants.

I went to my local goodwill here in Phoenix for my mom who is losing weight and doesnt have the money to buy all new clothes every few months. I found a bunch of really nice psize 20's for her and some even had the tags still one. One hint though, some store are better than others, so find the good ones.....

Its just a suggestion
Fluffybutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/177/135

First off congrats on the weight loss!!! Second, there is no way to repair those pants. My suggestion is that if you are that close to 20's go to a resale shop or goodwill and pick up a couple of pairs of pants to tied you over. Its much easier to spend $20 on 2 pairs of pants that you are only going to wear for a few weeks than to spend $100/each for a good pair of jeans or dress pants.

I went to my local goodwill here in Phoenix for my mom who is losing weight and doesnt have the money to buy all new clothes every few months. I found a bunch of really nice psize 20's for her and some even had the tags still one. One hint though, some store are better than others, so find the good ones.....

Its just a suggestion
Fluffybutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:10 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 275/222/140

Height: 5'6"

Target clearance. That is all I have to say. Some people say they do not like Target because they think it is expensive, but practically everything in the store clothing wise goes on clearence within a month after it hits he shelves. I cannot tell you how many pairs of good quality jeans I have gotten from there for $7 or less. Some weeks are better than others, but there is always a 75% rack with pants on it.
utgirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:37 PM   #7  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

if you live near a roses(cheap cheap cheap clothes lol) go there
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 12:28 AM   #8  
banned

S/C/G: 213/ticker/135

Height: 5'5

Go to Target and get a pair of $30 jeans. They're cute, comfortable and they don't cost that much so it's not a huge loss, or you can go to Goodwill.

Believe me, I have the same problem with my jeans, so that's why I buy the Target ones and just throw them out when they rip.
sunflowergirl68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 02:02 AM   #9  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

I hate to buy new clothes in the same size, but sometimes you have to do it. I have been in your position bf, as im sure many of us have. I have to agree with the posters above and recommend you buy some cheaps pants in a size 22--Targets a good place. and congrats on being able to fit into those skinny jeans
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:23 AM   #10  
TBL "JB" Blue Team

S/C/G: 285.1/ticker/155

Height: 6'0"

You can find iron on patches at any fabric/craft store. You can find one's backed with many types and colors of fabric, denim is one of the most comon. You can also find them at many large grocery stores, or Walmart, Target, ect. They tend to be near the mops and other house-wear, by the shoelaces. You can iron them on to the inside instead of the outside for discretion.
LittleBigGirl is offline   Reply With Quote