Frozen Yogurt Portion Control

• Hey guys! So I'm REALLY excited because I found this new food market called Low Cal Corner a couple of blocks from my apartment. Unfortunately, they do not have the nutrition facts for their food (which I think is rediculous since they call themselves "Low Cal"...) But they do have a sign that their fat free frozen yogurt is 10 calories an ounce. This means that if I want a dessert of 100 calories I get to eat a large!!!

I also ended up getting a big container of it so that I could keep it in my freezer for future desserts. My problem is, does anyone know how to portion control frozen yogurt? I keep a food journal so want to be able to estimate how many calories. For cereal and liquids I use measuring cups, but how do you guys measure ice cream? HELP!!!
  • A portion of frozen yogurt is usually 1/2 a cup. I use a measuring cup to measure out my ice cream and frozen yogurt. Sounds like a nice low calorie snack but I wonder how many carbs are in it. For it to be fat free and that low in calories what kind of sweetener is used in it?
  • no good advice here, just a terrible flashback to the Seinfeld episode where Elaine starts going to some fat-free yogurt place, and then everyone tells her she's gaining weight...turns out the place lied. Clearly that wouldn't happen! But it's just funny -- Seinfeld is playing live around here so I've got those old episodes on the brain...

i guess to answer your question, though, I agree with shy -- a serving seems to always be a half cup...small as it may be!
  • You know, half a cup sounds like not much. Pop it in a blender with 1 cup of fat free milk and you have a yummy milk shake. Pop in half a banana and you have two servings of dairy and a serving of fruit lol.