Shopping disappointments and victories!

• So, now that I've lost 12+ pounds, I decided to give myself a mini-reward and buy some new workout clothes. The stretchy lounge pants from Old Navy have served me well, but I can see they're getting baggy on me (yay!) and it's been too warm for them a few days.

So, I head over to my local CitySports, to check out their collection of athletic clothes - I was just looking for shorts and a t-shirt. And I was incredibly disappointed in the lack of selection for larger women. By lack of selection, I mean there was nothing. And, I also felt like everyone was looking at me, like "Why's she in here? She's fat - fat people don't exercise"

Then I went to TJ Maxx, across the street - still nothing as far as women's fitness clothes, but I bought a pair of men's XL Adidas shorts for $12, which will work for the time being. (I also really did get looks from people, as I looked at their "fitness goods selection" of weights and fitness balls) TJ's did also have Women's Speedo swimsuits for $17! I'm hoping that by the end of the summer, it won't fit me anymore, and I'd rather pay $17 for an $85 suit!

So, I did end up with new shorts and bathing suit - now I just need to find a pool to swim on on a regular basis! Also, on a sidenote - I did pick up a pair of FitFlops at Bath & Body Works - since my feet are very wide and an in-between size, they didn't fit me (I wear an 8, and the 9 seemed too small), but the footbeds were super-comfy. I ended up returning them last night, though.
  • Maybe you should try Target?? They have some really nice workout clothes there. Or even go back to Old Navy.
  • I love my Lands' End yoga pants...
  • Quote: The stretchy lounge pants from Old Navy have served me well
    Just wanted to let you know, I had to laugh about this, because I'm wearing mine right now. I love these pants!

I'm a fan of Target as well. My only options around here in terms of workout gear are basically Target and Wal-Mart. If you have either of those options, you should check them out.