Old 04-23-2008, 10:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 211/182/150 (For now)

Height: 5'4"

Default Just feel like I won't be happy

if I don't hit the big 50 pound mark by one year. I started June 24th and I've been on and off and managed to lose 37 pounds but I have seen so many goals come and go and I just can't ever make them. This is one I really want! I'd like to be at least 150, lighter if possible, at my one year mark but I keep messing it up! It's not that I'm gaining but I'm maintaining a weight I hate. I'm short so I still look so fat!

Do you think I can actually do it or should I get this goal out of my head before I don't make it either?
LynseyLikes2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

In my opinion, putting deadlines on yourself isn't helpful. It has been such a relief to stop telling myself, "X lbs gone by Y date!"

I think different things work for different people, but for me, the point is to maintain healthy habits, no matter what the scale says, no matter what the calendar says. One day at a time.

You have done SO well, by the way!!

S
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW220/SW195/CW164/GW160

Height: 5'10"

I agree. I'm trying to focus on the goal without a deadline. Just GETTING there, however long it may take. I am approaching 180 and last time I was dieting it took me a month of dancing around than number before the 170s would dare to appear. My short-term goal is 173 (no longer overweight) but I know setting a date for it would be setting myself up for disappointment. Instead, I am excited about my goal and reaching it, but not stressing out about a deadline. Dieting can be stressful enough! No need for me to make it harder on myself.
charisma classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:05 PM   #4  
Running Fiend.

S/C/G: 210/165/145

Height: 5'7.5"

13lbs in two months...ehhh. That's definitely tough, especially at the weight you're at now. I don't think you should feel discouraged or "fat" at all. You've lost almost 40lbs. I'm sure you look amazing. I know how hard it is to see the results on ourselves, but everyone else must certainly be able to see them on you!

Why do you think you keeping messing up? I think you should focus on that instead of driving yourself insane trying to meet a goal that (while possible) would certainly be difficult. Why not reevaluate whatever plan you're following and see how you can make your 50lbs goal that way. Maybe not by a specific date...but just overall. I would also try and set non-scale related goals. I really want to run a 10k race in under an hour. I want to be able to do a chin-up. Sometimes the scale can be a pain in the *** and while yes, we want to lose weight, it's important not to get too consumed by it.

I'm going to get off my soapbox now, because God knows I'm the most obsessive scale person ever.
rockstar87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:42 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/179/125

Height: 5'7"

Think maybe you are gaining muscle instead? You could be 155 by your goal, and look 135. My friend is 5'4", she weighs 145ish, and she looks like she's 120, she's so small, but has a lot of muscle as she does personal training. You're also not short, since 5'4" is about average height in North America.

IMO you can do anything you set your mind to, even if you don't lose the 13lb to meet your goal, you'll probably be very close and you should be very proud of yourself for getting this far.

Last edited by scorpio88; 04-24-2008 at 07:43 AM.
scorpio88 is offline   Reply With Quote