Old 04-25-2008, 08:52 AM   #1  
Gone, baby, gone

S/C/G: 274/212.6/134

Height: 5'1"

Default Shopping disappointments and victories!

So, now that I've lost 12+ pounds, I decided to give myself a mini-reward and buy some new workout clothes. The stretchy lounge pants from Old Navy have served me well, but I can see they're getting baggy on me (yay!) and it's been too warm for them a few days.

So, I head over to my local CitySports, to check out their collection of athletic clothes - I was just looking for shorts and a t-shirt. And I was incredibly disappointed in the lack of selection for larger women. By lack of selection, I mean there was nothing. And, I also felt like everyone was looking at me, like "Why's she in here? She's fat - fat people don't exercise"

Then I went to TJ Maxx, across the street - still nothing as far as women's fitness clothes, but I bought a pair of men's XL Adidas shorts for $12, which will work for the time being. (I also really did get looks from people, as I looked at their "fitness goods selection" of weights and fitness balls) TJ's did also have Women's Speedo swimsuits for $17! I'm hoping that by the end of the summer, it won't fit me anymore, and I'd rather pay $17 for an $85 suit!

So, I did end up with new shorts and bathing suit - now I just need to find a pool to swim on on a regular basis! Also, on a sidenote - I did pick up a pair of FitFlops at Bath & Body Works - since my feet are very wide and an in-between size, they didn't fit me (I wear an 8, and the 9 seemed too small), but the footbeds were super-comfy. I ended up returning them last night, though.
staja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:31 AM   #2  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Maybe you should try Target?? They have some really nice workout clothes there. Or even go back to Old Navy.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:13 AM   #3  

Height: 5'11"

I love my Lands' End yoga pants...
TheWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:21 PM   #4  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by staja View Post
The stretchy lounge pants from Old Navy have served me well
Just wanted to let you know, I had to laugh about this, because I'm wearing mine right now. I love these pants!

I'm a fan of Target as well. My only options around here in terms of workout gear are basically Target and Wal-Mart. If you have either of those options, you should check them out.
just keep swimming is offline   Reply With Quote