Wii Sports

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • For all of you other wii sports fans out there I thought I would share this article.

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/wii-calories.htm

Who would thought playing Wii can make you healthier.
  • I just ordered a heart rate monitor. I'm going to have to check how many calories I burn with my Wii when I get it in! Very interesting! Thanks for posting!
  • I just got a Wii for my birthday!!
  • I want a Wii sooo bad. I've heard great things about it.
  • My girlfriend got it a few weeks ago. I've played it twice and seriously it is the MOST fun you can have indoors (with your clothes on)!!! The baseball is my favorite but the bowling is awesome. I played for hours and hours and hours!
  • the wii sports is definitely a fun way to get off the couch and move a bit! I especially like the boxing training mode where you knock the punching bags down...my arms were incredibly sore after the first time playing that one, and I worked up quite a sweat. I can't wait for the wii fit to come out, my boyfriend promised me he'd get that for me for my birthday next month.
  • I am looking forward to the wii fit. I also love the boxing and bowling. I did get a cooking game that is fun.
  • I love the bowling game. Dh & I have been playing it non stop. I'm also really into the tennis one too. We're gonna get Pirates of the Caribbean so we can sword fight. I want the cooking one too. I have it on DS.
  • I also love my wii that is why I shared the articel. Let us know how the heart rate monitor comes out with the Wii, that will be interesting. I also can't wait until wii fit comes out, I think that will be very helpful.
  • Love my Wii too! I recently bought DDR for it but am disappointed. I should have just waited for Wii fit. I want that really bad!! I love the baseball on Wii sports....in the training mode ...my bf and I compete for most home runs...hehe
  • I woke up in the morning all sore and was wondering why then it hit me it was the wii. It seemed like a strange concept that I had sore arms and legs from playing video games!
  • I hate to be the parade rainer but here is another article I found (I work in a video game store it was... market research, yeah.)
    http ://kotaku.com/gaming/wii-xl/wii-balance-board-has-300lb-limit-309813.php
    It's not really intended as a weight loss program, just a fun game that is more active then a regular game.
    you have to remove the spaces after http. I couldn't post a link
  • Well that sucks..
  • So I got my heart rate monitor in yesterday and have been trying it out with Wii Sports. I started out with slow games so the faster paced games wouldn't effect the heart rate too much. I played about 10 minutes on each game and this is the calorie burn:

Golf: 32
    Bowling: 33
    Baseball: 32
    Tennis: 47
    Boxing: 83

Total calories burned for 50 minutes of play: 227

I guess if you want to get a good workout in play tennis or boxing. But, I think we all knew that already.

Edit: btw, I let my heart rate return to normal between each game.
  • I would love a wii but then I'd never leave the house.