3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Help guys. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/140535-help-guys.html)

noahsmommy 04-22-2008 08:30 PM

Help guys.

:( help. I already quit my diet. I thought that I was pregnant so I quit my diet. Never did have a menstrual cycle so I am still a little worried. I took 3 tests and all said negative. I don't know what to do. I want to lose the weight. I need some major support.:hug:

chickybird 04-22-2008 09:04 PM

Have you spoken to your ob/gyn? It might make you feel better.

aerogora 04-22-2008 09:07 PM

Change in diet and doing any exercise can throw your cycle off. Are you exercising more than usual? Are you under any stress what-so-ever? That effects it too. How long has it been since you missed your period? If it has been more than 2-3 weeks and you still have a neg test, call your doctor. You may need blood work.

noahsmommy 04-22-2008 09:20 PM

Yeah it's been more than 2 weeks, but I started back on my birth control, so I figure that I won't have it. I am terrified that something "major" is wrong with me and too chicken to go to the doc. Yeah,I started a major workout routine and was darn near starving myself. I wanted to lose so bad that I went from not working out at all, to trying to do it for an hour a day. Thanks for the advice.

aerogora 04-23-2008 11:07 AM

if you started bc right before you were supposed to have your period, then that will throw it off. You probably won't have your period. But if you are worried, then you need to get an appointment with you doctor, to ease you mind.

MindiV 04-23-2008 11:11 AM

Just go to the doctor. I know it's scary when something COULD be wrong, but odds are that nothing is...that it's just the change in your routine and eating patterns, or birth control.

The stress of wondering will do you more harm than good, and excess stress can even have a hand in making you skip periods. It'll be hard to do, but going to the doctor will set your mind at ease.

RememberHowToSmile 04-23-2008 11:59 AM

Well as already said starting a major new exercise size routine (as you indicated you did) and nearly starving yourself (as you also indicated you did) are not good for your body. That is probable why you are missing your period. Don't be chicken and good to the doctor because you will at least know about the pregnancy issue. But it is probable the diet and exercise. It is good to be enthused about losing weight but it takes a long time and doing crash diets and over exercising it now a healthy nor productive way to do it. You should probable re-evaluate what you are doing. Maybe you should start with a structured program like weight watches and get some of the nutrition knowledge and planning.