Old 04-20-2008, 10:18 PM   #1  
I will do this.

Default Ugh!

OK, so I had a meal off the life-style today. Last time I did that it was last saturday so I am averaging a meal a week off.

I had chips and queso and a prime rib sandwich.

I know it won't kill me nor will it hurt my weight-loss over all. But dang, I watched this skinny blonde and her boyfriend order three things and all she ate was celery and 2 chicken wings - I wish I could just eat that.

I know I have been good this weekend. Chris and I have been out and about yesterday and today and all I had yesterday was 2 veggie burgers with 1/2 the bun, a side salad and a bake potatoe no butter....and those were two different meals.

I also think I didn't go too far off my calories today because before dinner all I ate was kashi cereal (150 including the skin milk) and a whole wheat mini bagel (120 calories) with laughing cow (35).

I still feel guilty about my dinner....and the last time I made it to the gym was thursday...although I did make my goal of going to the gym this week (which was 3)

I wish I could stop feeling guilty and enjoy life.

Last edited by Taylor86; 04-20-2008 at 10:19 PM.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 10:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Overall, it sounds like you are doing well to me. Maybe you are beating yourself up just a bit too much. If you want, go ahead and PLAN to have one off plan meal a week, where you can indulge, but do not feel guilty about it. Just get back on track the next day. It will probably make it easier to sacrifice a bit during the week by really staying on plan, if you know you a somewhat splurge meal planned for the weekend.
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 12:34 AM   #3  
keep on truckin'

S/C/G: 253/249/190

Height: 6'1

I agree...planning definitely eliminates a lot of the guilt.

Also, and I hope this doesn't sound weird, but I would recommend weight watchers. I do weight watchers and it eliminates ALL guilt because you know exactly what you are eating every week. For example, everything you eat has a point value, and you get a certain number of base points per day. My value is 29, so I eat 29 points of food per day. Then on top of that you get 35 extra points a week to spend however you like. So this pretty much eliminates all guilt, because I can eat a HUGE FATTENING meal one day a week, and use 20 of my extra points. Weight watchers teaches you balance in your everyday diet, as well as your weekly diet. It also teaches you portion sizing.

It kinda sounds like you're not even eating that much. Weight watchers will ensure that you can eat the foods you like without going over what you should be eating all day. For example, I could eat a piece of pizza worth 8 points, and still have 21 left for the day to spend however I like.

It's just a suggestion. I suggest it because I used to try to just eat healthy, with no laid out plan, and I found myself ALWAYS feeling guilt over even the tiniest bit of "unhealthy" food, like butter or chocolate or ice cream. With weight watchers you can eat that stuff as long as you are balancing out for each day.

Good luck! and stop feeling guilty! It's okay! It won't ruin your success this far...just realize that it was a splurge and your lifestyle is changing for the better!
vdaybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 07:36 AM   #4  
Image isn't Character

S/C/G: 278(54%BF)/180(10%)/175(8%)

Height: 5'8"

There's nothing wrong with a little splurge every once and a while. I try to do it once a week just for the psychological benefits...sometimes dieting can get to ya. Just pick yourself back up, maybe work a little harder this week if you feel bad about it-sounds like you're doing fine to me though.
griffogrubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 07:47 AM   #5  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

I have to agree with vdaybaby - WW makes it so you can eat what you want, when you want. If you plan for what you are going to do that day/that week, you can earn and save and use flexipoints (I hope I'm saying that right, my program is a wee bit different here) for having a meal out or an "off" day.

I had an "off" day yesterday and I was still only .5 points over my daily target. It's doable! Today I entered all of my food online, my plan for today and I have a point I can put in my 'bank'. It makes up for the .5 over and I have .5 to spare. My weeks are Sunday - Sunday so I'm sure I'll have points over at the end of the week (I average about 2 per day, plus about 4 for exercise). Since I restarted this way I've lost 7 lbs. That's 7 lbs in 4 weeks!

One other thing - take the guilt out of what you are doing. Celebrate ALL of the good things you do and repeat these positive things over and over in your head. Losing weight is not easy and having a meal out is not going to kill your weight loss efforts. If you simply make the best choices you can, that's already better than going overboard, right?

You CAN do this!! I know you can!

Last edited by PinkyPie; 04-21-2008 at 07:48 AM.
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 08:58 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

First, I have to agree with the beating yourself up too much. I found espically when I first started it was very important to have the "cheat days" because it saved me from larger binges later. Second, remember just cause the skinny girl was eating a couple of wings and celery doesn't mean anything. What was she drinkng, did she plan on going home and eating a large meal, did she eat just before she went out so that she could look like she doesn't eat in front of her boyfriend?
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:09 AM   #7  
Observer of Phenomena

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor86 View Post
I know I have been good this weekend. Chris and I have been out and about yesterday and today and all I had yesterday was 2 veggie burgers with 1/2 the bun, a side salad and a bake potatoe no butter....and those were two different meals.

I also think I didn't go too far off my calories today because before dinner all I ate was kashi cereal (150 including the skin milk) and a whole wheat mini bagel (120 calories) with laughing cow (35).
If this is all you're eating, no wonder you find it hard to control yourself when temptation strikes! Depending on the brands:

2 veggie burgers = 140
1/2 bun = 75
medium potato = 160
side salad w/lf dressing = 50

So if this is whole menu, you ate only 425 calories the day before. Then, you had a total of 305 calories before dinner that day. Is this typical for you? If so, that's not nearly enough food - and that's not "good"! You'd need to triple your calories just to be at a healthy minimum.

Please clarify if I'm not understanding this right.
3Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:39 AM   #8  
I will do this.

Nope, that's right.

I am usually not doing that though. I knew I would be out all weekend and wanted to make sure I had enough calories for when I went out because I am not very good estimating calories at resturants. I also tried to look the places up that I was going to eat and no one had nutritional information.

But I suppose I shouldn't feel guilty anymore. Last night after about 2 hours of being asleep I woke up a grand total of 3 times and re-visited my meal. (No, I didn't make myself throw up, it just happened) I think it because it was a very rich meal and my tummy isn't use to it anymore. - Odd because I use to eat that meal at least once a week. (Prime rib sandwich is at a bar and grill right across the street)
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote