Old 04-14-2008, 07:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Weekly Chat 4/14 - 4/20

Good Morning All! How was everyone’s weekends? Mine was actually pretty good. I went to my sisters for Thursday – Saturday and then back at my apartment for studying on Saturday – Sunday. I got a lot of studying done and a lot of cleaning. My roommate went on a cleaning binge while I was gone and I felt I had to do a few things too.

I went to the gym on Saturday and Sunday. I biked 8.05 miles on Saturday and 8.1 miles on Sunday (which I almost didn’t go on Sunday because I was so sore from Saturday but decided it was better to work through the pain).

Oh for the dress conversation we were having last week, I have a good story. My sister made a comment that I needed to lose a little bit more weight so that she could wear my suits when she had things like funerals and job interviews. I laughed and said that I wished I could fit into one of her dresses this summer so I could wear it to the formal wedding I have to go to. We went back and forth on this and she was like well try some on and we’ll see how they fit. So the first one I tried on was zipped almost all the way up (maybe the last 3 or 4 inches it wouldn’t zip). She said it was a size 10 (but I think she was lying to me I think it might have been an 8 because she would let me see the tag), then she said well try this one on it’s a 12, no 10, no 12. I tried it on, it fit, she said it looked better on me then it did on her. I looked at the tag a 10. I can’t believe I was able to get a 10 on, less than 2 years ago I was a 22. I think the dress was a larger cut but either way I was happy and surprising optimistic that I might hit single digit clothing this summer.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 01:06 PM   #2  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

RemeberHowToSmile - Congratulations! NSV! Doesn't it just feel so good to get into something and look AND feel wonderful in it?
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 01:20 PM   #3  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

RememberHowToSmile, That's great! Yay! I'm sure you will be able to fit into a single digit clothing this summer with no problem! =)
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 01:28 PM   #4  
Can't wait till 170

My weekend was okay, I guess. :P
I went out with some girls and got to a lot. So there goes some extra hehe..
Last week, I decided that I'm going to be weighing weekly not monthly so that it gives me some extra motivation. So I weighed myself this morning and I lost 2.5lb since last Monday! =) I'm pretty darn happy about it because I lost only 1.5 lbs in a month before that. I only got 4 more lbs to go till Onederland and can't wait to see that number on there. The manager at gym set the goal of 2-3 lbs till next weigh-in, which is May 7 and well, I already reached that and am going for more! =)

Other than that, my Monday is going okay so far I guess. For me, Sunday and Monday is the worst days of week since I work Sun-Thursday. I wake up around 7ish on Sunday morning because of my daughter and then have to stay up till about 530 AM Monday morning because of my work. Then I wake up around 1115-1130 AM so I can stop by gym before going to pick up my daughter at the daycare. For some reason, I was super tired this morning but I still got to go to the gym and am about to go do some DVD workout before my daughter wakes up from her nap and then we are going to go for a walk as long as she wakes up early enough, since the weather is BEAUTIFUL.

Hopefully all of you are having a great Monday so far. =)

Last edited by taragettingthin; 04-14-2008 at 02:00 PM.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:55 PM   #5  

Height: 5'

Remember - congratulations on getting into that smaller size, what a great feeling! Keep it up.

Tara - Also congratulations to you too on losing the weight! Great job!

Everyone gives me so much motivation.

My weekend was busy as usual. Saturday I went to my cousin's house to bake cookies for my other cousin's bridal shower. All my aunts were there and we chatted and I had a good time. They all noticed I've lost weight and asked what I've been doing. And I was good...I did not taste test a single cookie!

Yesterday I had my son's kids birthday party at a bowling alley. It was fun about 12 kids were there. But he got even more toys, and he has too many as it is already. This was his first kids birthday we always do one with the family but he is in kindergarten this year and I invited the class.

Anyway all my jeans are getting really big on me...so today when I got home from class I decided to try on some old smaller pairs of jeans on (that haven't fit me in a long time) and guess what....they fit!!! I even had this pair of jeans I bought probably a year or two ago, never tried them on at the store, and when I got them home they were too small. I couldn't even pull them all the way up, and I never returned them. Well I tried them on today and they fit!!! They even still have the tags on them, so its like getting a brand new pair of jeans.

Last edited by SassySar81; 04-14-2008 at 01:58 PM.
SassySar81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 02:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 187.4/147.4/129

Height: 5'2"

RemeberHowToSmile- Congrats on the NSV! That really rocks. Moving down in clothing size is soooo rewarding.

taragettingthin- congrats on the loss! woohoooooooo.

My weekend wasn't so hot. Unfortunately, my grandmother passed away (2 nights ago). She was 89 and had a very bad few falls in her house.. hit her head during one of them, had a blood vessel burst and collect in her brain, had to have brain surgery.. and had severe complications afterwards (pneumonia, heart failure, kidney failure, seizures) and passed away. I'm much better now.. very happy she's no longer in pain (she was 89, ftr).

Other than that...
Today was weigh-in and I lost .2 stinkin pounds. From 192 to 191.8. Yuck. I had a super, awesome eating week.. I even exercised a bit more than last week. On-plan the whole week. -shrugs- Alas, my clothes are a touch more big.. so I'm wondering if I lost an inch or two instead The hard work will show up on the scale, eventually, it was just a little disappointing. I nabbed my brother for $1 (he's cheap! heh)- he's 16) to listen out for our daughter (2) after she goes to bed..so DH and I can take a walk later on through the park. I'm going to shoot for 3 miles. The weather turned cold here today (NY), so I prefer not to have Alexis in it for 3 miles of walking. So, gonna do it tonight.

Hope everyone has a great week
Erika79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 02:03 PM   #7  
Can't wait till 170

SassySar Wow! That's great! I have many pairs of jeans that I barely can fit into and it gives me stress. And I haven't went shopping because I didn't want to buy bigger jeans...so I have only couple pairs of pants I can fit into and it's quite depressing. Now I am not going to go shopping because I'm trying and going to lose weight so I might as well wait and spend that money on SMALLER size, not BIGGER. hehe Again, congrats!!! =)
Old 04-14-2008, 03:33 PM   #8  
No pain, no gain.

Height: 6'3"

hey everyone! I'm back and getting into the swing of things again.

I did so well last summer. I dropped 40 pounds, but ever since this school year I've been in a rut. Eating terribly. Not working out like I used to.

By some merciful act of God I only managed to gain about 5-10 pounds from my months of transgressions, so I haven't lost everything. I just need to get back to things before I get to where I was before. I see the scale slowly inching back up and it scares me. I never want to be where I was ever again.

I want to feel good about myself and confident in summer clothes this summer. I know this is a great place to help me along the way. I look forward to getting to know everyone as we help each other along our weight loss paths.
glitterlicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 04:31 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Not much new to report here diet wise, but in other news someone broke into my car last night and made off with about $1,500 worth of stuff... $600 of which was my work blackberry. So I haveta buy and new one and the company with take $75 off each pay cheque for the next 4 months to pay for it. Sh!tty, huh? I have a $1,000 deductable on my home-owners insurance policy so I'm only getting about $500 dollars back. I have to get a new windshield, which is $360 and I have $250 deductable so I'm only getting coverage for about $100 of that. Oh, they also made off with my workout clothers, a pricy sports bra and some yoga pants, here's the kicker; They were already worn. As in I'd worked out in those clothes earlier in the day. But thank-fully they left behind my new running shoes. At least I have a $2000 tax refund coming or I'd have no idea how to pay for everything. I'm just so angry and feel so violated right now. Life's a b!tch sometimes....

I'll be by later to do some personals....
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 06:32 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Thanks for all of the congrats, I really needed something like that because my weight has been constant lately but I’ve lost size. (I always say it is the NSVs that get you through weight loss). I have to say weight loss is really expensive in the fact that I’ve had to buy all new clothing (or used from the thrift store) and all new business clothing but I’m finally to the size where I can share my little sisters tops so hopefully pants will come soon.

I came home on my midday break (Monday is the only day I have it) I went to the gym (eventhough my thighs are killing me from all the biking) and biked another 8 miles. I’m getting back on track with the exercise. It’s a good stress reliever during finals.

Tara – I don’t know about you but my legs always use to hurt after I went to the bar and was dancing but last time I went to the bar it didn’t happen. It felt so good. And I consider it exercise!

Sar – WOW you didn’t eat any of the cookies good job!!!! And good job on getting into the smaller jeans doesn’t it feel good when you have to get smaller clothing not bigger.

Erika – Sorry to hear about your grandmother passing. It is always hard when you lose someone but at least she is out of pain.

Glitter – Welcome back! Even if you haven’t been losing at least you haven’t gained any back. I know what you mean though because this semester has been so busy that I didn’t even have time to exercise.

Shantroy – Sorry your car got broken into (didn’t we just have a conversation about this last week). That sucks that your deductible is so high. Hang in there.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 06:38 PM   #11  
I will do this.

Hey girls and guys -

Not much new here.

I did a bad thing today though...it's 4:30 and I have only eaten 300 calories. I was so busy today that I didn't even realize it until I got home and started to act crazy to the boy for no reason.

So I made myself an omelet full of veggies which I am enjoying as we talk and feel so much better. I think my sugar level may have dropped. Quick question though...With this omelet I still have only reached 540 calories with probably 350 at dinner.... for a total of 890....is that ok?

Any-who only four more weeks of school left--- THANK GOD. I am so ready to get out in this sunshine and go hiking, camping and fly fishing!! (Although Colorado has gotten a lot of snow in the mountains so the heavy run off may make fishing hard )

I also discovered Arizona Diet Green Tea with splenda...YUM!!!

Other than that I see my personal trainer tomorrow...I haven't been to the gym since friday...oops. I did make it in three times last week...more than I have done in a year and will make it another goal of mine to make it 3 more times this week. Edit I just made it to the gym! 35 minutes of cardio. I called my dad just to say hi and he was on his way to his gym and challenged me to go to mine and I excepted the challenge. I kept my RPM on the bike over 100 for 15 minutes outta 20 and then walked on the treadmill for 10 and jogged for 2 minutes and 30 seconds. That's 30 seconds more jogging than I have been able to do!

Remember Congrats in the smaller size and the awesome bike rides this week! I wish I could do the bike for that long but it makes my tushy hurt!

Glitter back! This is a great site and congrats on catching yourself and going back to your old habits

Shan So sorry about your car. That sucks! On the bright side you go get to go shopping for new cute workout clothes!

Erika Sorry about your Grandma, dear.

Sassy Yay for old jeans that fit! I cannot wait to get there!

Last edited by Taylor86; 04-14-2008 at 09:04 PM.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 08:38 PM   #12  
Can't wait till 170

Remember, I know how that is. My back used to hurt all the time whenever I went dancing with my friends but since I've started working out, it hasn't happened, which is another GREAT effect.
Erika, I'm sorry to hear about your grandma. I don't know if this would make you feel better but she's at a better place with no pain, like you said...
Glitter, at least you decided to come back, which is great. I have lost some before and knew I was gaining weight but I just decided to ignore it and ended up more than how much I lost. That was before 3FC, too. Welcome back!
Taylor, although you haven't been to the gym since Friday, you made to it more than you have done in a year! So W2G to that! Let us know if you achieve the goal to make it 3 more times this week. =)

Last edited by taragettingthin; 04-14-2008 at 08:40 PM.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:56 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 155/142.6/132

Height: 5'6"

glitter - I understand the school year ruts! I went through years of that through college and it got really bad in grad school. Although it's been better since I got out of school, I have my board exam coming up next Friday - as long as I pass, this is my last test EVER!!! Last night one of my old bad study habits started to creep back up on me, the one where I eat and eat and eat while I cram cram cram until I pass out from exhaustion. I'm determined to beat the bad habit this time.

I can't wait until this exam is over for two reasons. 1) I want to start some new excercises to get ready for the summer but my study time is holding me back. 2) I'm flying to see my boyfriend right after the exam and I haven't seen him in almost 2 months. The scale has dropped since I last saw him, so I've told him he's not going to recognize me. He has no idea if I've gained or lost. I wonder what he's going to say...

Those of you with the nice weather, send some this way! It's so cold here, I'm stuck walking the boring indoor track at the gym!

Erika - sorry to hear about your grandmother.

Taylor - I just finished dinner, but I after reading your post I think I'm going to have to eat an omelette tomorrow.

shantroy - sorry about your car. You just reminded me that I need to file an extension for tomorrow.
orthodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 09:12 PM   #14  
I will do this.

Ortho I love me some omelets! I though I do use the whole egg because I believe in the goodness that is within the yoke and will take the fat with the vitamins. I put in lots of veggies...sooooo yummy. I even put in asparagus, broccoli, peppers, onions...anything really!

Every time my boyfriend and I go to the store we look at eggplant..look at it some more...make fun of the funny shape....and put it back. What I want to know is what the heck do you do with this odd veggie? I have eaten it before but it sure looks weird and purple when not cooked....what do I do with an eggplant?
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 09:29 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/150-145

Height: 5'9"

Taylor - I've always wondered about making an eggplant dish myself. I've had eggplant parm or something. I know there are recipes out there but I hate trying to make something that I might hate. Ha-ha. Here's one recipe that's supposed to be good and healthy...

http://www.steaks-guide.com/article-...ant_recipe.htm

Definitely let me know if you try any recipes!!! Ooh, we need a dancing eggplant!!! Guess this will do...
Florida Native is offline   Reply With Quote