Old 04-22-2008, 04:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 285/253/180

Height: 5'8"

Question I Need Advice

So I've been doing pretty well with my weight loss so far and I am going on vacation next week.

I'm not saying I want to "crash diet", or lose a ridiculous amount of weight by then, but I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for me as far as "getting ready" for vacation. Maybe some exercise tips to 'tighten up' before I go, etc. Kinda like the "last chance" workout on biggest loser.

Thanks!
JimmieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 07:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

I don't know anything as far as workouts go, but, make sure you get plenty of water before, as well as during your trip so that you don't get bloated.

Last edited by FreeSpirit; 04-22-2008 at 07:39 AM.
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 08:19 AM   #3  
Undead Diva

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Thermogenics? Probably not the safest route but I've had success with them as long as you are hydrated.

Cosmo use to have editorials for exercises that to do in a week for toning up quickly for heading out in a bathing suit.

You could probably get a tan too! Jergens has a natural glow lotion that gives you a subtle tanned look. Just be careful when applying.

And of course... Easiest trick of all... Stand up straight and you will instantly loose ten pounds. Plus you'll look confident and sexy.
MadameZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:41 AM   #4  
never say never

S/C/G: 215/ticker/165

Height: 5'6

I second the tanning idea. A nice healthy glow always makes anyone look more toned for some reason. Have fun!!
polkadotfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:48 AM   #5  
Running Fiend.

S/C/G: 210/165/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Oh! Tanning's a great idea...haha. I didn't even think of that. What about getting some new highlights and some new makeup? I know it seems simple, but combined with a nice glowy tan I bet you'd feel a whole lot different!

In terms of diet/exercise my only suggestion would be to eat perfectly (no sorts of sugars or "treats" of any kind even if they would normally fit into your plan), keep your sodium around 1500mg daily (to help with bloat), and stay hydrated. Exercise, maybe throw in a few extra cardio sessions before you go. In terms of tightening up, I can't think of much you could do in a week. Resistance training (if you're not already doing it) makes me feel tighter but the results usually take more than a week to show up. Overdoing it on the ab work can make your stomach appear bigger because the muscles get inflamed so now you've got all this swollen muscle under your fat , so I'd go easy on that. One of my favorite positions is "the plank" (google it for a picture ) because it feels like it works everything and you'll definitely feel more put together. Maybe throw that in three times this week?
rockstar87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 11:09 AM   #6  
here we go again

S/C/G: 168/ticker/140

Height: 5 foot 7

Not that its at all permanent, but cellulite cream can help tighten your skin up a bit, if you have that issue. And yeah, spray tan/self-tanner can really make your skin look all glowy and healthy, I think jergens has a self-tanner that helps firm your skin, maybe use that. Thats about all I can think of to make a noticeable change in a hurry. Whatever you do, make sure you have fun on your vacation!
carolineintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 06:38 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 285/253/180

Height: 5'8"

Thank you girls sooooo much for your help!
JimmieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote