3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   i feel gross. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/140017-i-feel-gross.html)

dancingirl81 04-16-2008 11:10 PM

i feel gross.

so i've been waaaaay off plan for about 3 weeks now. hadn't noticed anything huge except i wasn't losing... and then i was up a pound... and down a pound and up two...

...until now - i'm up about 5 pounds (and it's not water...), been binging like i'm on death row, and feel so completely gross that i can't look in the mirror (or keep my jeans on... cause they just feel uncomfortable). the extra pounds all settled in my stomach and now if you don't look at me right, i look pregnant.... sigh

i need to get off this kick... some one help me, please!

Taylor86 04-16-2008 11:20 PM

I noticed you have lost 55 lbs so far....wow. That's awesome.

Can you look back and see some posts or some recipes that you liked when you were on track?

Maybe cleaning out your fridge of all the "gross" food and going to the store and buying lots of veggies, fresh fruit and lean meats? I know when I look in my fridge when I have felt like over-eating and when a carrot is looking me in the face I remember the life-style I have chosen.... and it is much harder to make the right choice when I looking at chips and cookies.

Also - have you been getting enough sleep lately? I have read some articles that those who eat breakfast and get between 7-8 hours of sleep are much less likely to binge.

Getting out there and moving can also help you get back on track. Just a simple walk or nice bike ride can raise good moods and help you make better choices when it comes to food.

And most importantly, don't beat yourself up. It's ok...you got off track. You'll get back on it. You have lost a lot of weight...you know what to do. Just take a deep breath...and make the right choices. You know what they are.

Don't forget to poke your head around here, too. My name is Taylor and I hope to see you posting and letting us know how you are doing!:hug:

Lovely 04-17-2008 07:30 AM

:hug:

Taylor's got some good suggestions.

I've got one other. What started the binge? Was it emotional? Did you forget to plan & stayed off track? If you can determine why the binging started, it might help end it, and for your future self, might help you avoid another attack.

Move forward. You can do this!

SavingServo 04-17-2008 01:21 PM

I'm in the exact same boat. I hit goal and then binged myself up 7 pounds. :o

It's hard to stop backsliding once you've started. What seems to have helped me is I got some new workout DVDs, changing things up a bit has helped me a lot. I think part of my problem was that I was getting bored.

I also stopped weighting myself everyday, or at least recording it everyday (I'm a scale addict, I'll admit it). That helps me control my eating habits because I'm not just thinking about what I'm going to weight tomorrow, but rather, at the end of the week. Keeps me from getting into spirals of "I blew it, I might as well eat, x, y and z and not workout."

Good luck! I know we can both get back on track!