Old 04-16-2008, 06:51 PM   #1  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Question I just realized today...

Well, I just realized this morning that I haven't had BM in awhile..(I know talking about it is kinda 'nasty' but hope you won't mind...)
I'm drinking at least 64 or more oz of water daily, I am also trying to eat at least 1-2 cups of veggies and drink or eat something that has milk in it, too.. So I am not sure why I am having problem with BM. How is your BM?
Well, even before I started this journey of changing my life style, I went like every 3 days or so...which I know is not THAT healthy.
Then I did have the BM in the afternoon but wow, I had hard time with it. I'm wondering why this would be, when I'm drinking tons of water and eating veggies. Should I up the veggie amount I'm eating? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated...
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:54 PM   #2  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Height: 5'3"

what is BM?
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 07:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/168/150

Height: 5'8

bowel movement
fitbyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 07:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/150-145

Height: 5'9"

I have had this same problem for some time. I don't know anyone else like that so i'm glad you posted this. Anyone have advice? I've even tried fiber pills and I too eat broccoli and lettuce and drink water. I agree that this can't be healthy...

Last edited by Florida Native; 04-16-2008 at 07:28 PM.
Florida Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 07:32 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 8"

OK - risking a total TMI thread here

Yeah, I noticed a big change in that department too and thought it was odd since I had added so many fruits veggies and fiber. Right now things are a little erratic - sometimes I got easy "stuff" going on twice in one day and then nothing for a couple of days and then there's quite the whopper but it takes some doing to get things accomplished. (I have to strongly resist the urge to go hit the scale 'cause I'm usually just sure I'd see at least a 5 lb drop )

I know, for me, my eating habits and food choices were so grim in the past that I think my body is just having a few fits and starts getting itself adjusted. I'm not heading for the laxative aisle though - I just make sure I have time (and some reading material ) on the expected "whopper" days. I have every confidence that things will get back to a "regular" schedule and require less effort as my body adjusts to the new foods it's getting.

Unless you have to really strain, or if it's painful, I think you would be ok to just wait it out too. Otherwise, you could try a stool softener (not laxative unless you have a bathroom REALLY handy). You might also try some of that yogurt that has the special cultures to help you regulate your digestive system.
yoyonomoreinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 07:38 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/150-145

Height: 5'9"

Lol. It's a sensitive subject for some. I used to work in a group home and I had to record my clients' BMs daily!! Yuck!

Anyway, I've been hoping it'd work itself out but I think I'm going to mention it on my next doctor visit.

Since we're already on this weird subject, can I just add that I haven't had my period since December and I'm NOT pregnant?!! I have an ob/gyn appointment at the end of May. It seems like it's forever away!!! Has anyone else had this problem? Is this really bad for you?

Last edited by Florida Native; 04-16-2008 at 07:39 PM.
Florida Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 07:52 PM   #7  
Running Fiend.

S/C/G: 210/165/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Native View Post
Since we're already on this weird subject, can I just add that I haven't had my period since December and I'm NOT pregnant?!! I have an ob/gyn appointment at the end of May. It seems like it's forever away!!! Has anyone else had this problem? Is this really bad for you?
Ehh... put it this way, it's not good for you. That's quite a few periods you've missed and going to the ob/gyn is definitely a good call. If you consistently aren't getting your period once every three months it can put you at risk for some more serious complications long-term. The sooner you can see your doctor the better.

Last edited by rockstar87; 04-16-2008 at 07:53 PM.
rockstar87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:22 PM   #8  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 200/129/135

Height: 5'6"

You may want to try taking magnesium. One of the best products I've tried is called Ionic Fizz -- you can get it at Whole Foods (and probably many vitamin shops). It's pretty incredible how well it works.
nineteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:24 PM   #9  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 200/129/135

Height: 5'6"

(the above was for the original question, not female issues).
nineteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:26 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 195.5/182.5/130

I used to only "go" every 2-3 days, but since I've been dieting it's been nearly every day...sometimes twice! I guess it's all the water & fiber I've been getting...the bad thing is I've been getting the gas along with it...ugh!

I've heard magnesium is good too. I've never tried the Ionic Fizz though. I guess that would be worth a shot especially if you're getting enough fiber and water and still not having a BM.
LiLi Gettin Thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:47 PM   #11  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

ohhh! i was staring at the computer like, what? i take metamucil every day as well as two caplets of "senna" which is a natural stool softener, every night. it keeps me pretty regular, but before i made the effort to change things, i was having problems pooing too!
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:51 PM   #12  
Can't wait till 170

Magnesium..huh? I actually have a bottle of multi-vitamin sitting in my cabinet which I do not really enjoy taking because the capsule is sooo big. I swear, it's like the size of my 2 year dd's finger. I know it has magnesium in it...maybe I will start taking them again...? :P
Old 04-16-2008, 10:23 PM   #13  
McLovin' *TBL Red Team*

Are you doing Low Carb? I had that problem when I was on Atkins and it NEVER went away. I was drinking lots of water and taking stool softeners and it didn't help. I had the same issue my first week doing South Beach and started taking Benefiber. It helped and now that I am eating carbs again...everything is fine.

I definitely would try Benefiber. It can go in anything and it doesn't thicken. It has NO taste - my sister wanted to test that and put it in a glass of water and it was fine!
xGurlyGrlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:35 PM   #14  
Can't wait till 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by xGurlyGrlx View Post
Are you doing Low Carb? I had that problem when I was on Atkins and it NEVER went away. I was drinking lots of water and taking stool softeners and it didn't help. I had the same issue my first week doing South Beach and started taking Benefiber. It helped and now that I am eating carbs again...everything is fine.

I definitely would try Benefiber. It can go in anything and it doesn't thicken. It has NO taste - my sister wanted to test that and put it in a glass of water and it was fine!
Unfortunately, I am not able to do Low Carb diet because of my "main" dish rice, as I'm a Korean. If I was to do low carb diet, no one would be able to tolerate me...=)
I'll remember Benefiber next time I go to the store. Thanks! =)