Old 04-14-2008, 06:09 PM   #1  
*Courtney Rae*

S/C/G: 245/217/160

Height: 5'5

Default Refuse to buy a bigger Bra

So I pretty much have had a large chest my whole life. I refuse to but old granny bra's that arent cute so i have to order offline usually....but i have lost 15lbs so far and i SWEAR they are getting bigger!!! UGH whats the deal? anyone else have this problem. I dont want to wear any bigger than a DD/DDD its ridiculous. why are they not shrinking with the rest of me?
CandyKisses0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 06:17 PM   #2  
I will do this.

Hi honey!

I hate to tell you but, at least for me, the boobs were the last thing to go. And mine didn't even budge a cup size so I got a breast reduction at the age of 16 when I lost 60 pounds. (The do breast reduction according to how long you have had your menstrual cycle)

Sigh, having gained back 75....I am happy to report the boobs didn't gain an ounce....but I have.

Just give it some time...they probably only look bigger because you are smaller.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 06:21 PM   #3  
McLovin' *TBL Red Team*

Hmmm...that is interesting. I think my first 15lbs were all boob! hehe. Mine are smaller but not a lot smaller. Hopefully you will see a difference soon!
xGurlyGrlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 06:28 PM   #4  
*Courtney Rae*

S/C/G: 245/217/160

Height: 5'5

I was going to get a breast reduction when i graduated hs but i was too vein and liked the attention so i ignored the pain. But now its a few years later and i plan on having kids in a few years and it seems pointless to me to get a breast reduction then 3 years later get pregnant, breast feed and have big saggy boobs again. i feel as though im getting the "muffin top" look and it is not attractive, but i just cant bear to but a bigger size. also i cant find any that size that are actually cute and not look like they were made for a 90 yr old woman
CandyKisses0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 06:32 PM   #5  
McLovin' *TBL Red Team*

This site has some cute bras for big chests! Not grandma stuff! I have always had a problem finding a pretty bra!

http://www.hipsandcurves.com/plus-si...gerie/bras.htm
xGurlyGrlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 06:39 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I found the first thing that went when I seriously start losing weight was my chest. I went from a 44D to a 38 B or C depeneding on the bra. Give it time and you might lose some. It might also appear that they are getting bigger if you are getting smaller around so they look bigger in proportion to the rest of you.

And on a side note a good bra can do wonders for sagging breast, I love the ones at lane bryant, whenever I say how bad my breast look bad no one believes me because they only see how they look in a bra which is perfect cleavage and up high (not sagging and deflated how they really are).
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 06:45 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 297/137/150

My breasts didn't shrink at all the way I thought they would and I wish they had. I went from a size 28 with a 42DD chest to a size 12 and a 36DD chest. I already have two kids and I am not planning anymore so a reduction may be in my future. Also, the real reason for your post. I would try www.playtex.com they have alot more choices than what you see in the stores and some aren't grandma at all.
Ophelia924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 06:55 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/120

Height: 5'2

I was so excited about that site but they do not have my size I have such a hard time finding a bra.... Im a 36 DDD now.. I was a 42 DDD... I hate having to buy old lady bras that give me not a great shape... I have even found a majority of 36 DDD bras too small for my cup.. I had this one brand I used to buy but they are all gone now ><!!!!!..
GRRR!!
Jonsgurl0531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:33 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 250/150/135

Height: 5'4

My boobs went gradually. 200+ lbs I was a DDD or DD, under 200 lbs I was a D and at goal I was a c.
ShannanA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 08:24 PM   #10  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

www.fredricksofhollywood.com <---this store has bras from a 32 A to 42 DDD (their size "F"). Definitely not granny-wear, and if you can find a store near you, I'd go! The women who work there have always been helpful in mine, and they'll help you find a bra that fits. I've been buying my bras there ever since I discovered them--I buy from them exclusively for everything but my sports bras. EDIT: The ones I'm a HUGE fan of are their "Smooth Sensation" collection--LOTS of colors, and they fit beautifully!

Last edited by Azure; 04-14-2008 at 08:31 PM.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 09:02 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 174(highest) 150/150/138

My boobs hardly changed when I lost my first 25-30 lbs, but I did lose some back fat. The last 10ish lbs were almost all from my belly and boobs.
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:37 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 280/260/175

Height: 5'8"

I've been large chested all my life too. I even managed to lose 30 lbs and actually go up a cup size! Turns out, if you're lifting weights with your upper body and building up your pectoral muscles, that's what happens. I just had to wait it out - the boobs eventually followed suit and caught up with the rest of me.

In the meantime, Felina makes some absolutely beautiful bras in bigger sizes. Check 'em out!

Good luck!

~Cassie
Cassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 01:52 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 190/179/125

I'll help you ladies out that want to lose some there - you can give it to me. I'm scared the opposite will happen, I'm pear shaped, so light on top and heavy on bottom. I think my stomach is bigger then the boobs.

My friend actually just lost 50-60lb, and she was large chested, hers were the last to go. If you are loosing a great amount of weight, I think they'll eventually come off...remember, the first thing to go is what you don't want and the one that you want to go is usually the last..lovely eh?

Last edited by scorpio88; 04-15-2008 at 01:53 AM.
scorpio88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 01:39 PM   #14  
Running Fiend.

S/C/G: 210/165/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio88 View Post
I'll help you ladies out that want to lose some there - you can give it to me.
Hahaha. My best friend said the same thing. She's tiny and like an A or B cup and was always like "I DONT KNOW WHY YOU ARE COMPLAINING!"

Then she started training for a triathlon and now she's happy with her size. Go figure I'm only a D so I found some cute bras at Victoria's Secret but I HATE looking "busty" in all my shirts. I'd be happy at like a B, seriously. The best $100 I spent recently was into two really good quality sports bras that don't result in me being whacked in the face every time I run sprints To not have to worry so much about things like that would be fantasticcccccc.

After losing some weight my current bras do seem a little more roomy in the cups but nothing substantial. I haven't lost a ton of weight yet though. I've always found they're the last to go, especially since I lift some pretty heavy weights and probably am not helping the situation by building my pectoral muscles... OH WELL... they have to go away eventually, right?
rockstar87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 02:55 PM   #15  
New mom, aspiring DVM

S/C/G: 280/ticker/135

I hate to say this, but you might never have a lot of luck in boob-losing!

I lost about 45 pounds about 5 years ago, going from 190 to 145 (I'm 5'7"). My bra size went from 38DD to 34G/H - I lost a full 4 inches off my ribcage but practically NOTHING off my chest... my ribcage was 29 inches and my boobs were 42 inches! I was wearing an Enell bra almost every day just to be able to function.

At that point I was sick of it - I was only 21, in frequent back pain from the weight, and the suckers practically hung to my navel. I opted for a breast reduction and have no problem saying it was the best thing I've ever done! I gained back a lot of weight over the last several years (ugh), but my chest has stayed pretty stable - a small perky C at my lowest and a full (but perky) C now! It's possible I'll lose some breast size when I lose this time around, or will swell/lose with pregnancy, but I've never felt badly about my choice for surgery. Even at my largest, I function so much better now than when I was so busty - I can work out and run and do general day-to-day activities without any problem. I never really noticed how persistent the pain was until it was gone!

Anyhow, my original point is that weight loss and bust size are not always going to be related. At least in my case, my breast size was almost all mammary tissue (according to the surgeon) - which doesn't really change with weight gain/loss (and sounds about right, since I had the same large breasts regardless of my weight before, and have the same medium breasts regardless of my weight now!) It's quite possible some others will deal with the same issue - large chests may not come down with weight loss, and may become more of a problem when they become more disproportionate.

Last edited by Rock Chalk Chick; 04-15-2008 at 02:55 PM.
Rock Chalk Chick is offline   Reply With Quote