Default Something interesting

http://www.menshealth.com/eatthis/20...st_Starter.php

My fiance and I just read this....YUCK!
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 09:13 PM   #2  
Go BLACK Team!!

S/C/G: 251/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

WOW, some of those calories and fat amounts are INSANE!! Over 100 grams of fat in most of those items! And it's sad how many of those things I've actually eaten!! UGH!! Makes me sick just thinking about it...
sunback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 09:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

Man oh Man Outback cheese fries at #1. No shocker there but damn they're so freaking good. I have found I can trick myself a bit and have baked fries with lowfat cheese and ff ranch. Not the same but after seeing those calories I think I'll convince myself they are!
Fat Chick B Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 09:18 PM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Oh I'm going to be sick... I used to eat half of one of those every time I went out to Chili's.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 09:58 PM   #5  
Sailing the Grand Line!

S/C/G: 255/See Sig/130

Height: 5'8"

Those cheese fries are so good that I want to give The Outback a free pass, rofl. Seriously, I think I have eaten 80% of that list, many times in one day. Knowledge may be power but it makes me wish I was ignorant!
Thousandsunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 10:14 PM   #6  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

"Luckily" I have never had any of those on the list...but it was nice knowing what we should get instead of what's on the list. I at least know what's good to get.
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 02:23 AM   #7  
McLovin' *TBL Red Team*

I saw this a few weeks ago and I recently went to Outback with some friends. They ordered the fries and that website was all I could think about. The fries looked SO nasty to me. Too bad I have eaten a few things on that list...
Chili's dessert = 3 BIG MACS?!?!

Last edited by xGurlyGrlx; 04-12-2008 at 02:24 AM.
xGurlyGrlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 10:29 AM   #8  
*Courtney Rae*

S/C/G: 245/217/160

Height: 5'5

Thumbs up

WOW! im pretty sure i didnt even know anything could contain that much fat, ICK! Im kinda glad i read that becuase me and my hubby are planning on going to outback for his nephews birthday and im sure the blooming onion from there is no better than the one at chilli's. thanks for the info! this makes me want to cook at home every day
CandyKisses0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 11:40 AM   #9  

Height: 5'

It is scary how many calories things have when you go to eat. I have been seeing that guy that wrote the book "Eat This Not That" everywhere, it is very interesting. I have been tempted to buy the book, I actually think I will next time I am out. I used to order whatever I wanted on menus, and now I try to be more careful. I even learned to ask how they cook things and change it up. A few weeks ago I went to dinner and got broiled Haddock, but asked for it to not be cooked in butter, just lemon...and it tasted great. Now I try to find out the calories of things and decided what I am going to order before I go out and eat.

I even keep a copy of the "Calorie King" book in the car that lists all the calories of foods and has like 200 chain restaurants. So I can find a good choice.

The other day I was going to get a strawberry coolata at Dunkin Donuts and looked up the calories in my book. It was only like 120 calories (or maybe less) and no fat. But the Carbs listed something like 80 grams of carbs. (that is all the book lists calories, fat and carbs) So obviously all of those carbs are sugar, so I decided against it. I am glad I had that book
SassySar81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 12:04 PM   #10  

I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I've never found those foods appealing.

But that article will definitely make sure that I never change my mind.
cephalopod gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 12:19 PM   #11  

Height: 5'5"

I've never had any of those things, but I know for sure I've made bad choices in the past. Now when I go to any restaurants, I ask for a copy of their "nutritional information" - then when I have some time later, I can pre-select a few things that I know would be fine for the next time I go. Helps to have my mind made up before I go...
momentum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 01:28 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 190/179/125

2,900 calories for Outback Steakhouse Aussie Cheese Fries!! I almost fell off the bed when I read that, WOW. That's insane. I love french fries, and found ones where 1 serving is 230 calories, under 10g of fat, and 0 cholesterol. And I thought that was bad.
scorpio88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 01:39 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 187.4/147.4/129

Height: 5'2"

Ive seen that before- amazing, isn't it? And nasty! I can't believe how many calories some of that stuff has.. and fat, and sodium. I've only eaten one thing on that list (the honey chipoltle chicken).. it was good, but not worth 1,000,000 calories.. you know? LOL.. yikes.
Erika79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 02:05 PM   #14  
Losing it and loving it!!

S/C/G: 181/See Ticker/130

Height: 5'4

That is absolutely astonishing. I have seen this before... makes you really think about what you put in your mouth, the calories can be ridiculous!
bee optimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 04:28 PM   #15  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

They should really ban places to make such food, i mean what the heck do they put in it to make it so bad for people? I'm sure there are a ton of other ways to cook a meal LIKE it that isn't as horrendous calorie and fat wise. It's not healthy, I can't believe we have such things on menus.
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote