Old 04-08-2008, 09:59 PM   #1  
Go BLACK Team!!

S/C/G: 251/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Unhappy Really struggling tonight :(

Uggghhhh.... I'm having a really bad night. Just got a call from hubby and he has to stay at work for awhile, which means I'm on my own for dinner (already fed the little guy). I really just want to put my son to bed and call up my good ol' buddy, Mr Pizza Guy, and drown my sorrows in melted cheese and greazy pepperoni. That's what I used to always do... I know I would feel SOOO horrible tomorrow if I did that. And I won't. It's just so hard to figure out something healthy and easy to fix for myself. Ugh... how do all you single ladies do it???
sunback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:04 PM   #2  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

put down the phone, Do not call Mr Pizza! I succumbed to dominoes last week (Im in college and sometimes its just hard). The day after I felt horrible. and I had stuff to eat in my apt. I was just to lazy to make anything. and i really wanted that pizza. But it was not worth it! Look in your fridge, there has got to be something in there. I know how hard it is, though. everyone here at school always seems to be buying fast food bc it's cheap and quick, perfect for the poor, on the go student. If anyone has any suggestions for me about food planning, feel free to tell
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:05 PM   #3  
I will do this.

When I am alone for the evening I put in a WW frozen meal (not exciting) or I cook something new and that keeps me busy.

Also, if I have been good all day I pop some 100 calorie popcorn, do my toes and watch a sappy girlie movie.

This could also be a good time to work out if you haven't today. It may curb your urge to call Mr. Pizza guy (my old chinese place knew me by name)

Last edited by Taylor86; 04-08-2008 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Stupid spelling!!!
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:23 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I understand your trouble it is so easier to get junk food when you are alone (or if you are a binger when you are in a situtation where you don't think you will get caught.) I almost always eat by myself because I live with a roommate and we are on very different schedules. I find if I make every meal special, plating it nicely and making it look good I don't mind eating alone as much.

Try and make something health and good like some seasoned chicken and veggies and maybe a sauce or some cheese.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:12 PM   #5  
Running Fiend.

S/C/G: 210/165/145

Height: 5'7.5"

I'm in college and I just did a bad thing today...haha. I went out for lunch with my friend and we went to this really good restaurant on campus and I had the pizza. *sigh* It was probably between 800 and 900 calories for that stupid thing and I should've planned it out better. Planning is key. It's hard when you're in the situation and it's a spur of the moment type thing to not choose what you normally would. I ended up going back to the gym to run on the treadmill after and I only had a few bites of cottage cheese and an apple for dinner (I was stuffed, to say the least) so I think my calories are okay.

Normally though, I buy those pre-cooked, pre-cut refrigerated grilled chicken breasts. They're fantastic and so easy to make. I heat them up for five minutes and throw some Montreal Chicken Spice on them and I love them. You can put them in salad, pasta, even make fajitas. Also, my mum will make me a bunch of turkey burgers when I come home and I freeze them and just heat them up as I need to. (I'm an awful cook.) If you have time on a Sunday or something maybe you could make some things you can freeze for whenever you're tired and hungry and want something quick.

With all that said, sometimes you just need the pizza. I (most of the time) make a healthier version on Ezekiel tortillas, skim mozzarella and sauce. It doesn't take too long to make and it's a good alternative when I just NEED pizza. I think the key is planning it out and also having healthier alternatives of your favorites foods that you tend to crave every now and then. It doesn't feel like cheating if you work it into your calories.
rockstar87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:25 PM   #6  
Go BLACK Team!!

THANK YOU ladies so much for all the support!!! I ended up finding a Lean Cuisine pizza pocket in the freezer so made that and had some raw veggies with fat free ranch. It really helped with my pizza craving AND I got in some veggies. Just talked to hubby and he's on his way home but hasn't eaten yet. I told him he'd be in BIG trouble if he tried to bring any fast food into this house! LOL

Thanks again - you ladies are AWESOME!!!
Old 04-09-2008, 07:23 AM   #7  
Made of Starstuff

Glad you got through it okay, Sunback
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 08:46 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 187.4/147.4/129

Height: 5'2"

Im so glad you didn't call the pizza guy- woot!

I DO know how you feel.. I'm one of the married ones.. BUT my DH works a CRAZY schedule. He works 5 days a week, all different shifts. This week he has 1 open (8am-6pm), 2 mids (noon-10pm) and 2 closes (4pm-3am).. so there's lots of times where I'm on my own for supper (well, I do have a toddler, too).. but during closes I always feed her earlier, and then make myself something when she's in bed.

I always keep stocked for closes/late nights! Sometimes I just pop open a can of soup and have a salad on the side, with fruit.. or maybe some pretzels.. or yogurt. Sometimes I pop in a lean cuisine and have that. When I feel like cooking for myself, I have some chicken breasts in the freezer.. I pop one out the night before to thaw.. and then grill on my foreman (sprinkled with montreal chicken seasoning).. sometimes I might bake a few fries on the side, and have lots of veggies.

Just keep stocked for nights .. JUST in case!
Erika79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 09:06 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/150-145

Height: 5'9"

I have a little George Foreman grill. I buy frozen boneless, skinless chicken tenders. I defrost one in the microwave, throw it on the grill for about 8-9 minutes and voila. I usually toss it into some lettuce with lowfat cheese, maybe some hard boiled egg...depends on my mood. I love rice with black beans, low fat sour cream, low fat cheese...chicken. Sometimes I just do low fat feta cheese with lettuce. I also do the frozen WW meals when I'm just too tired to do anything. And seriously, there are days when I'm on my way home and know I haven't gone grocery shopping and I'll stop and grab two crunchy tacos at Taco Bell or a roast beef sandwich at Arby's. Everything in moderation is okay even if it is fast food here and there. We're not perfect people...if we were, I guess we wouldn't be here in this forum. Lol. Stick with it, you're doing great!

Last edited by Florida Native; 04-09-2008 at 09:07 AM.
Florida Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:24 AM   #10  

When I have nights like that, I actually choose my favorite healthy restaurant and order in from there. Like I'll get soup and and a steamed meal from Pf Changs or some grilled chicken fingers from a nearby bar that I love or some roasted chicken and minestroni soup from an Italian restaurant or an egg white greek omelette from a diner nearby. I treat myself, but treat in a healthy way.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:32 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunback View Post
Uggghhhh.... I'm having a really bad night. Just got a call from hubby and he has to stay at work for awhile, which means I'm on my own for dinner (already fed the little guy). I really just want to put my son to bed and call up my good ol' buddy, Mr Pizza Guy, and drown my sorrows in melted cheese and greazy pepperoni. That's what I used to always do... I know I would feel SOOO horrible tomorrow if I did that. And I won't. It's just so hard to figure out something healthy and easy to fix for myself. Ugh... how do all you single ladies do it???
It is super hard to cook for one. Most nights I have soup, toast, or cereal.

Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:25 PM   #12  
Go BLACK Team!!

I'm definitely going to stock up on some chicken tenders/breasts and a few random frozen meals for nights like last night! Looks like hubby may be working some long hours for a couple weeks... I am SO glad I didn't give in to calling Mr Pizza Guy. I would have felt so crappy today. I felt guilty enough waiting until about 8:30 to eat. We usually eat around 6 and I really try not to eat past 7. Oh well... I did get up early and get in a good workout this morning.

Thanks again to everyone for the support!!
Old 04-09-2008, 02:10 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 187/149/127ish

Height: 5'4"

I just made a really great homemade pizza probably took 10 minutes from start to finish.

I used a whole wheat pita, put some tomato sauce with spice, cut up some tomato, used low fat feta, and a little shredded mozza/cheddar cheese.

you could add chicken or more veggies if you'd prefer.

It was soooo good, way better than greasy pizza from the store, and I had no guilt after eating it!
raiatheplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 02:21 PM   #14  
Go BLACK Team!!

raiatheplaya ~ that sounds awesome! I'm going to get some WW pitas and try that. Thanks!